Trade Temptations

Filed in Mick The Mad Irishman by on April 3, 2013 • views: 2144

Hello again community.  Is there anybody else out there who is glad that round one is finally over and we are now locked out from changing our sides every 5 minutes? Or are we??

Oh yes, put your hand up if you were one of the many thousands of coaches who went into work this morning and went straight onto Supercoach to make that trade you have been thinking about for the entire weekend. Don’t be shy …. maybe you are an extreme type, like this guy;

If you had a listen to the great “Gary Ablett” song,  the very first piece of advice to be dished out after the certainty that you must pick Gary Ablett was:

“Understand the power and importance of your trades”

I was once of the staunch non-trader after round one type, but that was back in the day when we were limited to just 20 trades in a year. The times have changed and we now have 50% more trades and with such a large number of trades, corrective trades early are now an important aspect of the game. However this doesn’t mean we should just trade for the sake of trading and there are some must have rules when you decide to trade. It’s very simple but every time you hit that trade button you must ask yourself two questions

1. Will this trade make my team earn more points?

2. Is this the best trade I can make for my team to earn the most points possible?

As simple as those two questions are you will be surprised how many coaches will trade this week with the answer to one or both of those questions being NO.

I will give you a perfect example of a scenario for Question One; A vast number of coaches are contemplating trading out Dangerfield for JP Kennedy, like the guy in the video clip above. If I was to ask myself if this trade going to earn my team more points the answer for me is a simple NO. What people must remember is that while Kennedy may have outscored Dangerfield by 80 points in round one, that round is over and those 80 points are no longer on offer. Yes Kennedy may outscore Dangerfield again next week but the season is not two rounds long it’s 23 rounds, and you have to ask yourself is Kennedy going to outscore Dangerfield over the next 22 rounds. If you look at last year’s averages as a guide and assume both players will average similar numbers, this would mean that Dangerfield will average 120 over the next 21 rounds to end up with an average of 118 for the season. I still think this will be on the low side. While Kennedy will average 119 for the rest of the year to average the 120 he posted last year.  Again Kennedy may kick on to average more than 120 but there is equally a chance he could go on to average less than 120. One round posting a good score doesn’t mean that he is going to repeat scores in the 140’s every week. Remember he did post scores of 139 and 137 in the first two rounds last year but that didn’t see him finish with an average in the high 130’s.

This doesn’t just apply to this Dangerfield to Kennedy trade but quite a few of the other under performing premiums and midpricers from round one to others that went off in round one. I have seen a few Fyfe to Mundy trades, or Sheuy to Barlow, or Martin to Wright, or Goddard to Hartlett and the list goes on. After round one there is no way of knowing if any of these so called sideways trades will earn your team more points and the chances are that the majority of them won’t. One bad score doesn’t make a premium a Dud, just like one good score doesn’t make a midpricer a Lock.

The second question on your checklist is a little more complicated and sometimes the answer is not always clear cut but this question is actually far more important than the first one. Many coaches get fixated on certain players in their team and look to trade them out or upgrade them before another player that is actually contributing less to their team.

A very simplified example of such a scenario would be coaches losing patience with Dustin Martin and fixating on him because he promises so much and then doesn’t deliver, frustrating all the coaches that have selected him. Even though Dustin is still scoring in the high 80’s the coaches will look to trade Dustin out due to this frustration and ignore the other areas in their teams that could offer more points from a corrective trade. So for example the coach may Trade Dustin to another player of similar price like Mathew Wright who for argument sake will average 10 points more a game. Meanwhile this coach has made other select errors like picking Jones over Viney and Mitchel over Wines. So instead of making the Mitchel to Wines trade which has the potential to increase the teams score by 30 to 40 points a game this coach has used a trade that will only increase his score by 10 points.

This will be one of thousands of trades that will happen over the season that while they may increase the team’s scoring, they will not be the best possible trade that will score the team the most possible points.

As devoted members of the Jock Reynolds community I urge you to please understand the power and importance of your trades. Use this very simple check list before you hit the trade button and if you answer “NO” to either of the two questions then simply don’t make the trade.

Stay Tuned…

Mick the Mad Irishman

WILL YOU BE TRADING THIS WEEK?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

1. Balls says:

Dude , Dangermouse cannot handle the hard tag, that was apparent in last years finals and in this years first round – he will score well when not tagged. JPK can handle the tag full stop.

• Balls, quality name mate

Maybe I shouldn't have used Dangerfield as an example in this article because "the Dangerfield can't handle a tag argument" wasn't the point of the article.
      If for example Balls you have Dangerfield in your team and you ask yourself the questions;

1.Will this Dangerfield to Kennedy trade make my team earn more points?

and you answer yes to both then, by all means you should perform the trade. I have Dangerfield in my team and I have answered no to both those questions so I won't be making the trade.

The same applies to a lot of players in my team and across many of the communities team and the point of the article was to advise whether a trade is viable or not from a practical stand point. The answer to the questions are a matter of option on each individual trade.

• dannyboy says:

i dont have dangerfield but if i did i wouldnt jump off him after one game, my early trades would focus on rookie swapping as making cash is more important than jumping off an elite premium after one game. a player with a 650k pricetag isnt gonna rise or fall to dramatically over the course of the year, so people please, give your players a chance thats why you picked them. what if danger scores 150 after you drop him? give him a month, then reconsider

• jel says:

Agree 100%
          While the NAB gives a guide to which rookies are ok, it's not till they actually get on the park that they can start earning $. My first couple of trades will be to get playing rookies into my side

• Tbone says:

I traded out Franklin for Kennedy (which gave me 300k extra) to boost my rucks from longa to Mumford with 120k left over. Good trade or not?

• Tim says:

I wouldnt go longer to mummy just yet as its only rd 1 as higgo mentioned

• dools says:

nah mate like the cash but you have given up a potential 150 point gamer . If you have Bud HOLD His avg did not happen by accident …So he drops in price Now I waste a trade to get him you already have him wait out Premium is still Premium

• Tbone says:

Longa to Mumford is easily a 50 point average turnaround compared to maybe a 30 point turnaround from Franklin to Kennedy with 120k left over that was my thinking, rest of my team is solid

• The benchmark says:

Silly just silly

2. Rohan says:

Trading after round 1 is a ridiculous move. Prices don't rise until round 3, so you get a second look at how players are going before making a drastic decision.

Unless your team is stuffed beyond belief early on and will require more than 2 trades to get it right why would you consider wasting trades for no reason.

• Rohan,

As i said I was once of this mind set but have warmed to early trades now that we have 30 for the season. If you have missed the likes of Goodes, Viney or Wines I don't think you need to wait another week to get them in. This means you can have a llok at the upper end of the scale next week and if for example Ryder or Roughead stink it up again you have two trades to sort them out knowing you have the best possible rookies.

• Rick says:

But it does give you the corrective option whilst prices are high/low. Me, I've traded Roghy for Kennedy. Seeing Bailey and Hale at Hawthorn means Roughy will predominantly play fwd. I doubt he will hit his scores of last year. JJK is 299, so I make 250k in round 2, which would be 150k in round 3

• The benchmark says:

Its not trading after round 1 its trading before round 2 when teams are named. With the added trades this year i want all players scoring point before the price jump. My team is not stuffed and is happily is the top 2% and i will be making a stategic 2 trade week, one being lecras. From memory last years winner traded twice in the last 7ish rounds. And one of them a sideways trade. And this was with 10 trades less. So all trading was done early. However there is no right and wrong way to go about it.

3. @MRB37 says:

Great stuff Mick. I can't believe people are already trading out guys like Shuey, Danger and Fyfe after 1 round. There was a reason you picked these players, because you know they are fantastic and and will score well for you. Reckon you're getting way too ahead of yourself to be trading them out.

Thinking 2 trades for me, 1 of them being LeCras. After LeCras was injured I squirreled away some extra money (By downgrading Bennell to Maloney) to upgrade LeCras to Stevie J. Now that Stevie J is injured, i've taken a look at the pool of available players and i'm not all thrilled by the guys available to me up FWD in that $450-$500K range. So now i'm thinking of trading LeCras for someone in the same money range of LeCras (like Monfries, Kennedy etc) and using the extra money to change Ben Jacobs up to someone like Hamish Hartlett. Not guaranteed to do that trade this week, I've got cover for LeCras, so i'm thinking of giving it another week to see A. how Ben Jacobs fairs and B. who has another good performance between the $300+K forwards.

Apart from that, i'm fairly happy with nearly every other guy I have in my side and unless injuries occur i'll just be sitting back until it's time to cash in the cows.

• dannyboy says:

im in same boat, the only thing i wanna touch is the lecras trade i was thinking kennedy but i have cover also so great thinking on waiting a week to get the right guy, and i to have players like goddard, zorko, lucas, heppell, fyfe, who im sticking with until its proven that they bad choices.

• Top Hawk says:

Hi MRB37. I have Le Cras and am NOT trading him. Why? The injury occurred 2 weeks ago in the Derby,the injury is not "soft tissue", Le Cras has demonstrated fast injury recovery in the past, and his performance during the first 3 quarters was superb with 82 DT points. As far as I am concerned, he will miss the next 2-3 rounds, and then, (if all goes to script) will resume his career. Point being, the guy after round 5 will increase in value and I would not be surprised that others will trade him "back in". Whats the point of that? As far as I am concerned I ain't blowing 2 trades for the same end result. Remember last year, when GAJ got injured early, people dumped him, only to trade him back in after a fast return from his knee complaint? Food for thought.

4. Jonnyboy says:

Jock,
    Thinking of trading Gaff out for Barlow or Cornes
    Or upgrading Currie with Goldstein and downgrading Gaff to Viney as had Currie on field and my bench of daw and rowe don't look to be playing enough to fill his gaps and kicking myself for making the last minute changes which caused this
    Not sure of two trades on the first round though…
    Any thoughts?

• Jonnyboy the fact that you will have a donut in your side by selecting three non playing rucks I would suggest you need to trade as your answer to the two questions below will most likely be yes.

Will this trade make my team earn more points?

Is this the best trade I can make for my team to earn the most points possible?

However one trade maybe your best option – Daw to Blicavs would provide you with a playing rookie ruck and give you another week to look at Gaff. If he stinks it up next week you can always downgrade to Viney and upgrade another player to super elite

• Rick says:

And if you had Rowe, why dont you have a DPP ruckman? I have JAcobs, Blitz, Currie and Rowe with Cox and previously Roghie. If none of my 3 rook rucks play then I swing in Cox. Blitz will get a few games and make some cash by Round 6

5. SCaddict says:

GAJ is owned by less than 50% of all coaches including last year's winner. If you don't have him then you need to get him in now as who knows what trades you will need to make next week.

Also if you missed some of the main cash cows rookies like Pittard, Goodes, Viney, Wines there aren't many good reasons to not trade them in immediately.

• @MRB37 says:

I think a lot of people will be ruing not picking up GAJ in their initial teams. Not only do you now have to spend trades bringing him into your side, but his first round score has put his round 2 BE at 54, which means he's almost guaranteed to go up $15,000 to $20,000.

• SCaddict says:

Yes it's truly frightening what price heights he could reach. Now even $800K doesn't appear to be beyond the realm of possibility. But hopefully my Swannies can curtail his influence this weekend although part of me would like to see him go off again.

• Jarod says:

SC What do you think about Monfries for LeCras. I am leaning on JJK but I do like Monfries with the good early draw.

6. Tom says:

Jock what do you think on a trade from zorko to rockcliff

• Tom what is your answer to the following questions:

Will a Zorko to Rockcliff trade make my team earn more points?

Is this the best trade I can make for my team to earn the most points possible?

If you answer yes to both then you should make the trade. However this may also be like the Dustin Martin senario in the above article. If Zorko is the weakest part of your team right now then you must have one hell of a side. I suspect the answer to that second question is no, and thus this is not a viable trade option just yet.

Hope that helps Tom

• boostboy76 says:

Sideways trade.

I have Zorko the Great – he'll come good and will average about the same as Rockliff over the course of the season.

• Rick says:

Zorko the magnificent! Agree that it's far too early for sideways trade – you simply burn a treade for no tangible benefit, looking to use your time machine and have R1 scores replicated in R2.

I have both :)

• Drew says:

zorko is a gun, no point trading him, it would be a waste, stick with him for now, I have both of them too!!!

7. James says:

thoughts on Sipposs

8. dan says:

i dont know what to do
    i have tentativley traded duffield for birchell and scott selwood for jobe watson but that leaves dwyer or mcaffer to cover for lecras
    other options would be trading someone like campbell heath in for a terlich or vlastuin and lecras for a kennedy or monfries =which options do you think would add more value?
    apart from thos couple of players i dont have too many concerns about my team i ended up ranked 5128, if i had gaz as captain and viney on the field i would have been 62nd which is a little bit frustrating

dan

• Jake says:

Terlich will surely start for Melbourne after their pathetic perfromance sunday

• Dan great to hear from you mate :D

however I am horrified by the first two trades you have proposed. Ask yourself,

1.Will Duffield to Birchell and Selwood to Watson trades make my team earn more points?

2.Are these the best trades I can make for my team to earn the most points possible?

The simple answer must be no, if not to the first question then surley to the second. Terlich will get games so i'd keep him, might even be named this week. The fact that you are ranked so high the only trade I would consider is LaCras and even then waiting another week because you are ranked so high might not be the worst option.

LaCras to Kennedy is what I would do personally ?? Then i'd be looking to make sure I had "vines and wines" combo in my team.

• Rick says:

The frenchman is only out fro 3 weeks – I'd keep him if you had coverage. JJK will make you cash, but you might end up burning 2 trades for 90-100k gain..

• The Old Dylan says:

Surely he will be out for longer than 3, it takes longer than that to heal even a small fracture

• SCaddict says:

But how sure are you of that? Originally Nic Nat was only going to miss a game of two and now the Eagles are perhaps talking a return mid season. You'd hate to be hanging on to Lecca for 4 of 5 weeks or longer whilst others are cashing in JJK for Buddy or other similar scenario.

Perhaps you will end up being right but it's a helluva risk to take and if you don't get on JJK or another value mid pricer this week or next you may have missed the boat.

• Dools says:

The glass is Half full Boys OR it is half empty Listen to Uncle Jock’s POD Cast again CHILLAX it was one 1RND and the Frog will be back IMO sooner rather then later save trade until after R 2 then if you must move

• Rooboy says:

Must be hard Dan, being ranked 5128 instead of 62!!! Sure you really need advice in the ways of supercoach?? (Says someone who was quite chuffed to be in the top 20,000 until he read this post).

• Dools says:

wait a second ….That was sarcasm. LOL

• dan says:

probably mate the result was a lot of research 80% of it on this website, theres a bloody wealth of information on here its a credit to the guys that are running it

• @PeterHiggo says:

Hey, 5128th is my rank! … Will have to check … Did you get 2348?? Maybe we are the same?
      Spooky!

• Pj04 says:

Stop stealing my rank fellas!

• dan says:

ah bugger higgo just double checked im actualy 5148 with 2 points less than you, 2346, the race is on hey
        what is your team name mate? mine is "Gunners"

9. Brad says:

Hamish hartlett or Daniel Pearce ? Note I already have 3 port defenders ( Stevenson, pittard, heath )

• Pj004 says:

Pearce will BURRRNNNN!!!
      Hartlett.

• I have four port defenders, heath and stevenson on the pine so I don't see that as problem. Can I ask who you are trading out for one of these ??

• Brad says:

Trading jack watts out for harrlett or Pearce . And I may trade out roughhead for kreuzer or mumford! To gain extra cash to get wines next week.

• You might want to tweet the croughing one for advise on this one :p no he'll tell you Watts is "burn man" and fly kick you in the face for picking him.

I'd pick Harlett over Pearce but if you can, maybe sit on this one this week and try get wines in now. Not much will change with him.

• Brad says:

Watts out for Hartlett .
            And toumpas for wines.
            Seens as Port play GWS.

• SCaddict says:

I think they are both reasonable trades Brad even if they are both of the sideways variety.

I really wanted to fit Hartlett in my team but had to sacrifice him to keep enough cash available to bring in GAJ and Rocky. If he has another 100 plus game I'll probably trade him in before the prices go up as I can see him maintaining a value well over $500K for most of the season assuming those hammies hold up.

• Brad says:

Cheers mate, I needed those opinions. :) think ill wait for the team line ups to make sure there both playing which I'm sure they are. So ill buy them. But I never trade till I know who is defiantly playing. I have all the rookies from the word go …apart from (wines) till this week, so my team is gonna make a lot of money, with a lot of cash cows in my side, I have a big chance on up grading a lot of players mid season, can't wait to see how we'll I may do this year. I reckon I should easily average 2300, from next week onwards.

• dools says:

Mate depending on who …Hold all trades till next week.. ya you got 30 but to make finals yu need trading at 2 a week 46 So hold mate HOLD

10. Jonah says:

Gday Mick, great article would just like some help… In my midfeild I have 4 rookies … Kommer and O’meara on feild … And viney and Matt Jones on bench … Unsure of if I should trade Jones for wines(because I have 115k) and which 2 to play on the feild??? Pleaseee help !!

• If this is your only concern mate I would hold off for this week. If Wines does something similar next week then I would look to get him in. For next week i'd start O'meara and Viney on the field.

hope that helps

11. James says:

Do you guys realise that if you have watts in your defence and if you want to trade out lecras you can trade lecras out for a defender and move watts in the forward line

12. Pj04 says:

Not really too fussed, but who should I start OMeara or Viney? Thinking O'Meara, any thoughts?

• Rick says:

Viney looked the goods straight up. It's a toss of the coin almost, with Viney just ahead

• SCaddict says:

Probably Viney as O'Meara will be up against one of the best defensive midfields in the Swans next that shut down young Toby Greene last weekend. Of course it's a guess at best as O'Meara could easily outscore Viney but that's what I'll be doing.

Their main purpose is to generate you heaps of cash so as you say it's certainly not worth fretting over.

13. THESALTSHAKERS says:

Good post Mick, I think the importance of the post was – get the rookies you MUST have in this week – give yourself another week to look at your Watts, Franklins, Rougheads etc then make a decision pre bubble.

Any thoughts on Franklin? Obviously had good NAB cup, has some amazing scores, but is it too much of a risk if he goes sub 70 again to hold onto him? I understand the will it give me more pts argument – but what about trading for someone going up, vs his potential loss? Currently ranked 4402 –

• Mr thesaltshakers,

My view on Franklin hasn't changed much from round one. This man posted scores of 77, 73, 72, 89, 89 and missed 6 games last season. So a few low scores and games missed is to be expected. Now that you have rolled the dice I'd say its probably best to hold onto him. He will still end up averaging between 100 and 110 this season with some big scores to push him back up. Now that you've already copped a low score you might as well keep him to ensure you get his big ones.

14. @PeterHiggo says:

Given we were able to scrape though with 24 trades, one must consider a pinch hit trade IFF, as Mick has outlined, it is of the overall point gain to your team. I am very close to trading …. Not once, but twice. LeCras is a part of this manoeuvre and I already have the locks as discussed in this week's podcast(VINEY, WINES, GOODES, ABLETT, …). This will take me to 28 trades and give me an advantage over all of those that trade in these locks. If there is any sort of point gain there it will be worth it and I will move up from my current rank(5128th) – a key motivator. BUT, I am only a 50/50 to trade at this stage …. More research reqd.
    I very much associate with the guy in the video clip at this stage!
    Thanks Mick.

Kind Regards,

Peter Higginbotham

• Agreed Peter Higginbotham,
      I believe my ruck stocks are weak so I too may well use a trade this week. Ryder to Goldstien, so it frees me up to use two corrective trades next week.
      One of which maybe Kane Mitchell to Kommer if Kane gets slapped with the vest again this week. Feel stupid for selecting him because I knew this would happen but when Crouch wasn't named I went to Mitchell.
      The other may or may not happen depending on how a lot of players go this weekend, but at least i'll have the option.
      That will leave me with 27 trades for the rest of the year with a very set looking team from the get go, that is probably 7 more trades than I need.

• dools says:

Oh Mick Not Ryder please Not Ryder LOL
        Now you owe me a Guinness buddy…Strong Back Line Mid and Rucs, '
        Fwds are always fluid have the Frog No Trade for me. Waiting and watching boys waiting and watching

15. Dave says:

Got LeCras, and about 50k spare. Can’t decide whether to trade him up to Walker, and thus using all my spare cash, or downgrade. Main problem is J Russell in the back line needs fixing. Already have goodes, terlich, pittard and Stevenson, so I might need the cash for an upgrade . Any suggestions?

• Good day dave,

I'd say wait a week on both. Then if both Kennedy and Suban go bang again this weekend, id go LeCras to Kennedy and Russell to Suban

But would recommend you see two weeks scores from both in this case.

• Dave says:

Cheers mate. Was looking at suban, great score but about double what he scored last year so I was concerned it was just a one-off. If he can pull something similar again this week I’ll be all over him.

16. Tbone says:

Tbone says:

April 3, 2013 at 6:50 pm

• Really hard call to make but if you are looking for a second option i'd say the trade is good. However because I can't see the rest of your team you will have to judge if these trades justify that second all important trade question:

• Chris says:

Hard one! I wouldn't trade out Franklin based on one round purely because he has the potential to score rediculous scores but will he do that with the ongoing contract deals.. Might pay off..

• SCaddict says:

It's a trade worth considering but it's one I'd probably defer until after two rounds have been played to give yourself another good look at Buddy, Mummy, Longer, JJK and where Berger is at with his footy.

You'd hate Buddy to drop 150 next week against the injury depleted Eagles or Mummy injure himself or get suspended again. Not saying that is likely to happen but why take the risk as prices don't change for another week.

So you are probably best served fixing up any non performing rookies this week or just holding your trades until next week.

• Tbone says:

It is a hard call and I’d hate for buddy to get 10 and score 180! But he’s so hit and miss and he’s so prone to suspension the way he plays not to mention his free kicks against cost you, I really needed to upgrade my rucks and if Mumford can stay injury free he’s the best option. Plus the spare 120k spare helps. Cheers for the input fellas

17. Mark Dempsey says:

A pretty rough round 1 to be honest. Alot of disappointing scores for Zorko, Duffield, Roughead, Goddard, Heppell and Robinson.
    However I am not even considering trading these boys because what is the point of choosing your team and then ditching players after round 1?
    Most importantly for me is to see if Crouch, Vlastuin and Terlich get named this week (who I all kept) Pleased with the output of Wines, Pittard, O'Meara and Viney however if one of the above rookies isn't named I will bring Kommer straight in for them

• Mark, agree 100%

Out of that bunch i'd say Vlastuin is the most unlikey to play and if/when he does will most likely get the vest. Wait for teams but i'd go Vlastuin to Kommer without a second thought.

18. Burls says:

So I have Watts in my fwd line, having bought into the ridiculous notion that he would pull is finger out this year and fulfill his potential. Apart from needing a lobotomy, should I turf him now for Kennedy or Monfreis and use the extra cash to upgrade Hill from Freo to Maloney? Too knee jerk? Hill looks vest ridden and Watts just looked terrible.

• Chris says:

Hahaha can't believe you'd get watts? He is a spud, and so expensive.. I'm a dees supporter and trust me he's going nowhere! Get him out for anyone

• Too knee jerk for me.

Have you got all the lock rookies. If not i'd be trading them in this week and see how both Watts and Hill fair in round 2. If they are still terrible/subbed then make those trades.

• SCaddict says:

I think you mean Hill from the Hawks but I'm actually hanging on to him. They would not be starting him on the wing to have him come off after half time each week as that would make no sense for the club. The lad just needs to learn to pace himself and I'm sure he will and no doubt the coaching staff would've had some gentle words with him about this already.

The Hawks looked a significantly better side when he was up and running in the first half. I was thinking you bewdie here comes 120 plus points!

Not sure it would be worth upgrading him to Moloney but if you don't have Wines, O'Meara or Viney then yes you could consider trading him for one of those cash cows if you have continuing concerns.

19. Bolter says:

Mick, do you think either of these trades are a good option. I really want to upgrade lecras to rocky but just dont have quite enough cash.

1) Out: Lecca, K.Lucas
    In: Rocky, Kommer

2) Out: Lecras, Bennell
    In: Rockliff, Mundy

Really stuck on this one mate and i would appreciate your advice.

20. Bill says:

Hey Mick,

I'm going to trade out K, Mitchel for O, Wines
    And I was thinking of trading out N, Vlastuin… is this a good idea?
    if so, who do i trade him out for… S, Colquhon, C, Heath, S, Docherty or J, Frost? – these are the only players i can afford

• I'd be trading out Vlastuin as I really don't see his chances for a game improving in the short term and when he does he is likely to get the vest.

Of those options I really can't say I like any of them but i'd probably go with C Heath as I believe his job security is probably the best.

• SCaddict says:

I know I'm not Mick but I'll offer up one opinion. Yes I would bring in Wines without hesitation. Quadzilla is truly a star in the making and his JS appears to be all but assured. Whilst I think Mitchell well get plenty of opportunities during the season his JS may be iffy once a few players on the Port injury list return over the next few weeks.

If Vlastuin isn't named for Rd 2 then I'd also make a move there probably for Heath assuming he's named again. Frost looks quite a player but there are so many Pies A graders to come back soon that reckon both his spot in the team and Dwyer's must surely have major question marks over them.

21. Chris says:

Le cars out but who in?

Monfries? Kennedy?

• the best way to be sure is too watch both next week. If you are really serious you should watch the games and make a judgement on who is likely to score more and not just look at what whey score in points. Remember Port have a soft early draw so that will help a lot of players score well early. Might not see them scores in round 5 and 6.

22. Too knee jerk for me.

23. Tim says:

Shuey to wines with 400k in the kitty, thoughts fellas?

• Tim do you answer yes to both these questions ??

Will this trade make my team earn more points?

Is this the best trade I can make for my team to earn the most points possible?

If your answer is yes then trade away, if your answer is no this is not an option. I would recommend you find a way to get wines in though.

• SCaddict says:

Yes hit that trade button buddy! You can't miss out on Quadzilla and if Shuey is the most appropriate dude to go in your estimation to enable this to happen then just do it. I'm sure you'll find the spare cash will come in more than handy over the next few rounds too.

• Catzilla says:

Shuey is a ducking spud, umps seem as though they're not getting fooled into paying frees as much this year so his price may stagnate…

24. Deanbartel says:

saving my trades for next week…

Decided to run with a 3rd on field rookie….so going to trade 2 of Shuey/Bennell/Dangerfield (whichever 2 score poorest which I think will be Shuey and Benell) ——> Ablett AND Crouch (if he performs this round).

So it's one downgrade and one upgrade also allowing me to bank 150-250k. Thoughts?

• Justin says:

one of the worst decisions in trading would be to trade out shuey and bennell then feeling the need to get them back in later in the season, it is the classic trade wasting problem. I made the same mistake last year trading scotland and pavlich out due to early season performance and wanting them back later and lost a stack of points during that time

Hi Dean

You really need to get GAJ in NOW in my view. You may be unfortunate and have an injury or two next week that could seriously muck up these plans and you may have to choose between Gaz or donuts in the first week of league action.

Anyway that's my course of action this week OUT Danger, Lecca IN GAJ, Rocky.

• Deanbartel says:

Injuries are not a worry as every player on my bench scored (bar Terlich and Currie, although Terlich will play this week I'm sure). I have coverage across all lines at least for one more week.

I have 2 options:

1. downgrade de boer to kennedy/siposs and upgrade danger to ablett THIS WEEK

2. corrective trade de boer to Martin or Chapman (or downgrade him) THIS WEEK, and then NEXT WEEK upgrade one of danger/bennell/shuey to Ablett and downgrade another one of them to Crouch or Hill, after I get a good look @ who's in the best form out of bennell, dfield and shuey.

Looking @ it this way @SCAddict, I feel option 2 is the more logical one? Do you disagree?

• SCaddict says:

My own personal preference is to get in GAJ now so you don't have to worry about it next week. But option 2 has merit too so if you feel more comfortable with that then I suggest you go that way.

After all I'm just offering an opinion which could prove wrong. Best of luck in which plan you choose!

25. Kev says:

Made a shocking decision to take a punt on Gunston. Not only did he return 35, he was virtually unsighted, didn't attack the footy and needs to go.

Super impressed with vickery's attack on the footy Thursday night, pulled down 9 grabs. Versus siposs' 84% d.e from 19 possessions, 96SC score in humid questions.

So to borrow off tooserious, thumbs up vickery. Thumbs down for siposs

• Justin says:

Vickery could be a nice choice if you already have kennedy, trent cotchin picked him in his SC side, he's hinting us something!!!!

26. Rhys says:

Was thinking, I know it’s too early to trade, but looking ahead I need 200k to upgrade Rowe to Kennedy or, Rowe to luenberger next week, that may take 3 trades in total..
    Worth koby Stevens down to crouch or Anderson, then another player to free up another 100k to get Kennedy or luenberger..
    Basically, 3 trades in 2 weeks to have a pretty set team worth it?
    Ruck stocks are thin, but cox I’m fwd line are the reasons for this!

27. Tommy says:

Rich out but then a choice of cotchin deledio or Joel selwood. Thoughts???

• SCaddict says:

No bad choices really and you could make an argument for any of these guys so it really comes down to personal preference. I'm a Cotch man and will be looking to bring him in mid season.

I also have Rich but I'm prepared to give him another go as anyone can have a bad game. However if I trade him it will likely be for one of either Mundy, Barlow or Hartlett as I can't afford another elite at this stage as I already have GAJ, Swan, Pendles and JPK.

28. Heytman says:

Thoughts on Vickery? I've got LeCras so I'm thinking either trade him to Vickery or JJK. Thoughts?

29. dools says:

Tbone, Stop read the article again please wait until thursday nite then if you must . Do ! IMO Bad bad move who are your Rucs? How bad is it in there? I need more Info IOT help?

30. Dwaino says:

Wish there was a bloody straight answer on the Lecras issue. Have $56k spare in the kitty and I can’t touch it because that’s to switch Longer to Leuy when he’s back. Seems like the general consensus is to trade him to Kennedy. Macaffer and Byrnes were my benched players last week so I can cover Lecras, is it better to sit him for one week and see if there is a better option? Kennedy will understandably earn a bit of coin due to his BE but using the “Will this trade make my team earn more points? Is this the best trade I can make for my team to earn the most points possible?” I’m not 100% confident this is the right choice just yet.

Just to quickly have my 2c on a different topic, re: Vlastuin, as a Tigers man I can’t see him getting a good gig any time soon. Still an outside chance in the next week or two (might replace Ellis who was a bit average on Thursday, or Nahas in the vest), but Grimes and Foley will be pushing blokes out in 4-6 weeks as it is anyway. Got Vlastuin in my team too but might just hold him for one more week (have cover) to find the best rookie lock.

31. jimbotraralgon says:

Trade trade bang bang gotta trade.

I am thinking of danger to pendles. Pendles will average more over the year and danger will drop in price unless he has two absolute monster scores beyond his expected ceiling of 150 – 160.

I am happy to re-acquire him down the track. Have given myself a couple of these type of trades throughout the year where I will sell and reacquire where I think there will be a major price difference.

But yes I will sleep on it.

Cheers

• trade trade bang bang gotta trade

sleep on it jimbotraralgon and hopefully you will reconsider. I think all those fumes down in the valley are effecting your judgement :p

• jimbotraralgon says:

Thanks fella.

I wont trade. I will defer my right to do something stupid till later in the week. Have a look at the sides and invoke my stupidity on Friday.

cheers

• G unit says:

I pulled the trigger on him mate, bang. Ablett straight in, Bang. Get him cheaper is a sound theory, or maybe someone else will show more promise in 5 weeks?

32. Josh says:

Hey guys, who is a good trade for lecras? budget 385,000

• SCaddict says:

JJK, Monfries and Siposs are the guys I like most at that price point.

Puopolo is another I'm closely monitoring and if he gets played in the midfield again and racks up another 100 plus game he will become quite appealing too especially if Roughy, Zorko or Karny in my team dish up another shocker. A lot of ifs would have to come true though.

I actually already snagged Puopolo as a free agent this week in my draft league to replace Betts before a rival coach wised up to him.

33. Linc says:

UNIQUE
    For a POD I selected Whitfield and not wanting a Prem ruck chose Longer. Considering downgrading Whitfield to Kommer, only solid mid option as I have all other top rookies, except for Crouch.
    Downgrade + Bank + Longer = $464 for a ruck substitute. Who?? Luenberger? All possible locks are over $500,000.
    Or Longer to Currie ( have Blicavs) and upgrade Whitfield to Moloney? However hey may need to be upgraded later, hence another trade.
    Please help!

• @PeterHiggo says:

Hmmm…. Interesting. If you must trade, trade twice!
      I would prefer Crouch over Kommer, can you squeeze in Goldstein?? would be a solid POD ruck option.
      BUT .. Sleep on it. Burning two trades is worthy of deep soul searching backed up with solid statistical research.
      Good luck!

34. crowboys says:

will mitch clark play this week? and thoughts on C.Pederson.

• crowboys says:

i;m trading whitfield down to wines, answer is yes to both questions

• crowboys says:

pederson and clark are really the only two spots in my side, in which i'm not sure about

• Chris says:

Risky because the ball doesn't get down to the dees forward line often, despite Clarke being a good player I'd probably go with someone else at a similiar price as he is pretty expensive from a different team

35. Too Hottie says:

Understand the two points of out scoring players but what about difference in potential price rises ie. Toumpas for Kommer or Matt Jones? Or Currie for Blicavs???
    Is the two trades worthy of making money? That’s my conundrum!

• SCaddict says:

I really think you need to have Blicavs in there especially if he plays again and Currie isn't named. It could be mid season before Currie gets a look in if Goldy keeps performing well.

I don't really have an opinion on the other 3 guys you mentioned so maybe someone else can offer a view there.

36. @bridgman35 says:

Here's mine, Goddard down to Gibbs so I can afford to bring in Wines for Mitchell (10k short), it feels stupid to use 2 trades in the first round but I feel like the $ saved both in the money and points about to be gained with the latter two and the price drop about to happen to Goddard could make it worth it.

• @bridgman35 says:

Alternatively just go Stevens to Wines. Although Stevens seems like he is going to be of more value than a vested Mitchell

• @PeterHiggo says:

Refrain from trading Goddard is my instinctive reply …. An 86 or so with minimal game impact has me thinking he will be almost as potent as Gibbs. Maybe those two will go 1,2 in terms of defenders this year.
        Stevens to wines …. Also prickly. Wait a week for mine,

• dan says:

stevens got a bandaid on, wonder if he'll be named this week dead certainty for a vest if he is

• @bridgman35 says:

Thanks Higgo, it's hard to keep that itchy trigger finger off the trade button, but I'll leave trading my ass off until next week. Still had a handy 2216 with Rich, Danger, Zorko, Goddard and Cox all under performing. Need to find a way to bring in Gibbs in in the next few weeks, will be left behind without him.

• @bridgman35 says:

The new day has given me a new idea, and with you advice of not trading Goddard, I believe a smarter one.
          Sub cox into the fwd line for Roughy, and turn Roughy into Griffin, free's up the $ for Mitchell to Wines, AND Duffield/Hanley (depending on who out performs who) into Gibbs next week. Only down side is I lose the DDP swing, I feel like I'm covered with Blicavs on the bench though in terms of injury. Griffin can become Nic Nat at the tail end of the season.

• SCaddict says:

This is a better plan mate. I'm giving Roughy another go but getting in Wines is a priority for you as well as bringing in Gibbs next week so I reckon make the move now.

37. G unit says:

Higgo, my abacus told me to leave out Mitchell for Rampe on the fact that he was cheaper and a starter last week. It failed to mention Wines potential for big scores. Likely going to switch to the more expensive (angus) cash cow this week. Thoughts?

• @PeterHiggo says:

Rampe to Wines is an essential trade … Can't see Rampe ramping it up to 3 games. Sydney will bring back "A Team" in Rd. 3 … Notorious for running with un-changing, senior squad. Hit the button G Unit!

38. Lukey says:

Hey guys,

Thinking of trading out Ryder for Mumford = $70K leftover

Any thoughts?

• SCaddict says:

Definitely a trade to consider next week I reckon. You should give Paddy another week to see whether he can beat up on the Deeplorables. If he doesn't come through then by all means ditch him for someone else.

Mummy had a day out as GWS had no match up for him when he went forward. But don't expect him to regularly score over 120. He's also a perennial injury and suspension risk so I would proceed with caution. I think I can remember Jock commenting on a podcast how he burned him last year.

• @bridgman35 says:

Bunyip Bulldog Mumford is going to have a cracking year, a sprained ankle only kept him out of the NAB he started firing up towards the end of last year and has a solid fitness base to work from over the summer, despite a night or two out at the local sporty. He was a bloody Lock after he played the final NAB round.
        Saying that, SCaddict is right about Paddy, probably have a massive game next week against pee hearted Jamar, and the Dee's.

39. Sean says:

Keep Daniel Rich?

• SCaddict says:

He's certainly on notice in my team and if he has another sub 80 point game this week he will probably be making way for either Mundy, Barlow, Hartlett or Moloney if they produce elite output again.

40. dan says:

i think we might all have stars in our eyes when it comes to wines look out for a 65 this weekend

• SCaddict says:

I'd be more than ok with a 65. If he averaged 80 or so over the next 6 weeks that would be awesome!

SHOW ME THE MONEY BABY! :)

41. Pj04 says:

Swan, Watson, Cotchin or Swallow. Go

• The Old Dylan says:

I’d probably take them in that order, although Watson could be a good POD…

42. Carol Reaby says:

I am thinking about trading out LeCras and Shannon Byrne. I am thinking of trading out Byrnes and substituting Sam Dwyer who I have on the midfield bench thereby trading in a midfielder (Brad Crouch) if selected and then trading Lecras for Matthew Wright. I have asked myself both questions and am pretty sure the answer is yes to both questions. Matthew Wright is going to score more points than LeCras (obviously). I retain Sam Dwyer who I think shows a lot of promise and I get Brad Crouch for Shannon Byrnes (which may or may not pay off) but I can't get Wright without the Byrnes for Crouch trade.

• The Old Dylan says:

I like it, but will you keep your swingset? Or does that not matter to you? I don’t have any swingers in the mid

• Carol Reaby says:

I liked having the swingset but I figure it is early days and by round 10 I hope to have mid/fwd and a mid/def in my midfield. At the moment I have all mids but one of them is bound to be injured or suspended and then I will bring in one of my fwd/mids or def/mids. Hopefully by then I will have uptraded some of my rookies. That is the plan at any rate lol.

43. Grant says:

I’m thinking of trading out Kane Lucas for Wines. I know that the sensible thing to do would be to wait a week but unfortunately I have Ryder, Watts and Roughead. If all 3 of them spud it up again this week ill want to trade at least 2 out next week. Should I trade Wines in this week so I can make at least two corrective trades next week?

44. scotty"THA FARCUES" says:

wanting and have traded lecrawww(can reverse as we know)( it seems a yes to both questons) for mayne and lukey brown for pittard(was a grand short for the mayne lecrawww trade so needed to make the 2nd trade to generate a few bucks)NO WAY THERES NO WAY PICKING JOSH KENNEDY LOST COUPLE THOUSAND ON THE MUG LAST SEASON AND STILL NOT OVER IT (obviously) what u blokes reckon went through it and seems like my best option but any help opinion would be killa !! love ya work boyz keep it up(by the way i`m a trade junkie am working on my problem my shrink says i`m slowly gettin over it after this week am holding off till u blokes give me the go ahead!!)haha

• scotty says:

changed my mind decided on mccaffer for rowe to get crouchings ruck swing thing happening and lecras out for mayne!!thanks for ya help!!(mongrels)

45. Jonah says:

Hi guys last week I made the most stupidist trade and got in casboult for Varcoe for some stupid reason… Anyway this week looking to trade out casboult for a player in the 280-415 range… Any ideas… Jjk ,monfries and sipposs are the main options… Any other great players in that price bracket?

• SCaddict says:

Puopolo is a smokie I'm looking at closely. Clarko played him in the midfield for much of the game which saw him register 104pts. If this happens again I reckon he becomes quite a attractive proposition but definitely need another week to assess this before contemplating such a trade.

46. Cold Ass Honky says:

Scored 2358, so maybe im over-analysing… But thinking of downgrading Watts to Campbell Heath (already have stevenson and pittard though) and upgrading Longer to Maric (whilst saving $21.6k) or Longer to Sauce Jacobs (saving 82k).

Worth doing? Not hugely keen on trading early, but regretting Jack Watts to the extreme (dees supporter, my optimism must have gotten in the way) and Longer looks in danger with the return of Leuenberger imminent..

Points wise, I believe this will help my team… My projections have Heath averaging 65 ish, and Maric averaging 110, as opposed to Watts averaging 85-90, and Longer averaging 65-70 with low JS…

Thoughts appreciated, cheers

• Cold Ass Honky says:

That being said, if i go with Jacobs over Ivan, i could bring Wines in for Matt Jones or Kommer next week with the spare cash

• Deanbartel says:

Personally I'd sit on Watts for one more week. he's copping a shit load of criticism and is just as likely to turn around and bang out a 120 this week..

• genius says:

you r full of s**t

47. hayden says:

i am now ranked 4,402 but i would be the top 5 if i had Viney on the ground, pittard on the ground and kennedy instead of varcoe.
    Anyway Jonah i think get J.J.K save some cash

48. Tom says:

Have to trade out Atley for someone? Want to downgrade so I can upgade one of my mids to Ablett (Maybe Fyfe)
    Who's the best option?

• Cold Ass Honky says:

If you feel you must trade, downgrade him to whoever you don't have out of Goodes, Heath, Pittard, Stevenson etc.

I don't personally have Fyfe, but do you think he's worth trading out at that price? What other mids do you have?

• Tom says:

My Mids consist of:
        Pendles, JPK, Dangerfield, Deledio, Fyfe, Wines, Mitchell, Crouch, Viney.

Downgrading Atley to Heath is a good idea?

• Cold Ass Honky says:

I think so. Heath should average about 65 or so with decent JS.. Ablett should average 30+ more than Nat Fyfe, in addition to the extra captains points, so it should be a solid net gain. I've got the group of Ablett, Pendles, JPK, Dangerfield, Deledio too. Soild

49. Mizza says:

Thinking of subbing cox into foward line and trading watts to j.griffin
    Thoughts?

• Kev says:

Like it mizza, I can see griff as a 560-580k ruck by the time Sandi returns

• Billy says:

I watched Griffin play twice late last year and said I could never have him in my S/C team.
      Look at someone else, maybe Kruezer or Jacobs. Or wait one more week to see if Griffin
      scores as well again. I don't trust him.

50. Monfries or Josh J Kennedy ??? Who’s better and why ???

51. Eugene says:

I am thinking of trading out Vlastuin for another def and the only rookies I have is Goodes, Stevenson and Terlich.
    Pittard maybe or someone else?
    Thanks!

52. Kade says:

What do i do with kane lucas? Looked primed in the pre season, such a dissapointing effort after they way he played in the nab gf

• SCaddict says:

Give him another chance for sure. He still earned well above his BE. There were players double or triple his value that scored the same or worse.

If he has another quiet one against the Pies then you could consider downgrading him to one of the other lock rookies or perhaps someone like B.Hill or K.Stevens if they produce decent scores this weekend.

53. Mac Gav says:

Ihave Robinson knowing he is goi g to drop in price and also not expecting much from this weekend you think downgrade to jjk to free up some cash to upgrade hannerbury?

54. Josh says:

Thinking of making some trades but can't decide which ones. If anyone has any ideas please help me out.
    1. OUT: McVeigh and Vlastuin
    IN: Wines and Hartlett
    MONEY: 34 000

2. OUT: Ryder and Lucas
    IN: Mumford/Griffin/Goldstein and Wines
    MONEY: 128 000

Wines is the only good rookie I don't have as I've got O'meara, Viney, Mitchell, Kommer, Goodes, Stevenson and Pittard. Vlastuin was a let down and I need Wines for a good cash cow.
    On the Lecras debate I think I'll wait till next round to trade but I'm not sure who for: Thinking JJK or Sipposs. Or if I make enough money from another trade maybe Chris Mayne.
    THIS IS URGENT!!!

• SCaddict says:

Josh, I reckon both options are respectable. I prefer option 1 because I'm expecting Hartlett to have a superb season and Vlastuin's JS even if he is named this week is still quite questionable with players like Petterd and Knights also waiting in the wings for their opportunity at Tigerland. You should also probably give Paddy another chance to redeem himself against the Deeplorables this weekend.

But if you do go option 2 I recommend you pick Griffin as Sandi won't be back for a long long time and Rosco has said he would probably play both guys in most games anyway. Goldy has Currie breathing down his neck so one or two false steps and he could be back in the twos.

Mummy whilst capable of producing huge scores is a perennial injury and suspension risk.

55. Matteus says:

thinking to go with josh Thomas over kane lucas (job security alright, considering that beams is out injured for the next few weeks). They reckon hes a GUN down at the pies, similar skills to beams, only reason he hasn't played yet is because of injury. THEN vickery over lecras, giving me 199k to upgrade Elliot to rockliff next round, using 3 trades to get a great team. any thoughts?

56. crunch says:

hey jocko love your work chiefo
    was just wondering what you thought about this potential gamechanger?
    greene and jetta for wines and rockliff? make it happen?
    thought the greene machine would ramp up his output from last season, same with jetta. his grand final run seduced me!

57. Ranga says:

My supercoach team is that ordinary after round 1 that I have ditched supercoach and entered Centrebets AFL Fantasy league. I was suprised to see that not many people have entered so the chances of winning are far greater. Not to mention it has a massive prizepool $150,000 grand and regular weekly prizes. Check it out and register a team it’s FREE to play… http://bit.ly/centrebetafl

58. Callum says:

Is it worth trading out bennel if i can get in JP kennedy instead? Havent found any answers elsewhere need some help on this one.

Hi Callum

Are you able to post your entire team? It really depends on who else you have in your team. Obviously the trading priorities this round are replacing Lecca if you have him and ensuring you have all the lock rookies.

You should probably give Bennell one more go before ditching him. JPK was one of the first chosen in my team so of course I reckon he's worth getting in there but you may be able to make better use of your valuable trades elsewhere.

• Callum says:

Yeah sure:

DEF: Goddard, heppel, Gibbs , Goodes, Pittard, Stevenson, Colquohon, Terlich

MID: Ablett, Pendlebury, Viney , Moloney, Fyfe, Bennel, O'meara, Dangerfield, Mitchell , Crouch

Ruck: Cox, Jacobs,Blicavs, Currie

FWD: Rockliff, Zorko, Karnezis, Roughead,, LeCras, Dwyer, Neade, Macaffer

Getting rid of most likely: Mitchell, LeCras, Currie and possibly Bennel

• Callum says:

I've now swapped LeCras for J Kennedy and Mitchell for wines. $85,300 left next week changing currie for rowe probably. But not sure what to do with the cash?

• SCaddict says:

Yes I believe these are two good moves you have made here. You will have solved your LeCras problem and Wines is a must have so you have certainly improved your team this week in my view.

I reckon give Bennell one more go and if he disappoints again you will have a wealth of options to go with next week especially with the extra $85K you have left in the kitty.

59. @help says:

thoughts on siposs??

60. Presty says:

i was tossing between zorko and rockliff, i went with my heart not my brain cause i bloody love that little zorko last year and im loyal, however rockliff 10 grand cheaper wtf was i thinking.

so would it be wrong to trade zorks for rocky now?

• SCaddict says:

Wouldn't recommend it as a first up trade. If Zorko stinks it up again and Rocky has another huge game and you have no other viable way to get Rocky in then yes it's something to consider next week I reckon.

• i think rocky will be number one forward this year but I also think zorks will be top 6 so if you could find a way to get rocks in and keep zorks i'd be doing that

61. Zimmer says:

Hey guys,

Thinking about this trade: Bennell > Wines; Vlastuin > Hartlett.

Might hold off for another week, but reckon I need to get Wines in and Vlastuin out. Never quite comfortable with Bennell, Wines could potentially score just as well and Hartlett looks good to shore up my backline.
    In theory, adds points and value. What do you think?

• SCaddict says:

Yes a good trade to consider even this week especially if Valstuin isn't named again. Then it would give you up to two corrective trades next week as who knows what next round will bring before all the prices change.

62. @emhoy says:

Really concerned about the Hannebery pick ahead of Parker. I thought Hannebery was going to play in the middle :(. Should I trade him now to Parker or wait another week.

• I have Hannebury as well but not too concerned. Give him another week and see how he is going. He has had a wonderful pre-season so hopefully he'll build form and get plenty of run through the middle

63. Callum says:

Should i keep Currie? And will he and colquohon play much?

• depends who else you have in your ruck ?? Colquohon won't play any time soon, i'm be looking to get him out

• Callum says:

I have cox and Jacobs and blicavs and upfront roughead, if I traded out colquohon who could I trade in? I already have Goodes, Terlich stevenson, pittard. Also I don’t have Rowe, I could get him in for macaffer if he has a bad game.

• Campell Heath looks like he has cemented his spot in Port's best 22. Will play more games than Colquohon, thats for sure.

With that ruck set I wouldn't waste a trade in the Ruck. Rowe will play very few games this year. Only in the team due to injuries and will most likely be first man out when some of those come back. Not for me.

64. Tim says:

should I trade Ryder to Goldstein this week or wait 1 more week cause Ryder is playing melbourne

65. Tim i'm in the same boat as yourself – I will trade this week if Daw is not named again – last week Goldstein looked great with the ruck roll all to himself – If Daw is named then I will want to see how he goes with the shared roll before I select him.

• Tim says:

Yeh it is so confusing and hard to decide, I have roughy also and I am not happy with bailey being in the side cause that means Roughy will be playing 90% full forward and that means points only if he gets goals and roughy won’t always gets 3-5 goals every game. But with Ryder he is 2nd ruck and centre half forward that means some goals, also he pushes up the ground for more marks and more disposals than roughy at full forward.
      Cheers

66. Eugene says:

So I pretty much sorted out my rookies and it looks all good.
    Only concern now for me is Roughie and Watts. I reckon I will hold onto Watts for one more round and see how it goes.
    How about Roughy? Now that Bailey has been named as well, very concerning for me…
    Thoughts?

67. David says:

If you already had Goodes, Pittard, Stevenson,Brown,Wines, Viney, Jones,Dwyer,Neade and didn't have Kamikaze, Dangerfield, ZorkoArmstrong,Atley,Jacobs. You shouldn't be trading.
    Dangerflop, Zorko & Kamikaze will cost $120k in price drop round 3 no matter how much they score in the next 2 rounds; Jones brown & stevenson will make you a $100K rnd3 no matter how much they score in the next two weeks.
    Sure be a fool and don't trade, $250K is nuthin.

68. Tom says:

So the best option would be to:
    1) Trade Dangerfield out for someone who will make cash
    2) Trade Wines for Dangerfield when their prices are more close

69. Nick says:

i think this is a good option for me.

Hannebry out for wines
    Mcaffer out for berger (who goes to ruck and cox goes to the fwd line)
    The reason im doing this is because hannebry is to inconsistent for mine, i dont have wines and berger is back and should score decent. i think this defintiey means more points for my team and will make my fwd line stronger. the only question is: do i trade out mccaffer or dwyer? i have both. Dwyer is starting at fwd on the weekend and caffs is on the extended bench. dywer scored decent when he came on as a sub.

• Nick,
      Not this week – wait and see how Hannebury goes this week .. I selected him as a breakout hopeful and 85 in his first match was a good score. If he stinks it up this week then get him out for wines.
      Wait and see how Luenburger goes. Remember he didn't play last week so we have until round 4 before his price will change.
      Start Dwyer on the field this week. He will score 80+ if he avoids getting subbed out (which I think he will).

Best of luck this week

70. dan says:

i dont know what to docrapping myself with sippos in the team im not convinced

71. Luke says:

Hey Jock!
    Great advice! Just wondering if I should go ahead and trade out Sam Jacobs for Shane Mumford. Mumford did score higher than Jacobs in round 1, and is much cheaper. I will be make plenty of money if I go on with the trade, but I do want your advice on it first.
    Cheers

• dan says:

no bad trade its not going to increase your point output, jacobs scored 102 and you want to trade him out?? madness

72. team changa says:

traded lecra moved jenkins into forward line and put in leuenberger.. lecra – berger plus 67k bonus. GOOD TRADE

73. BIGBOY says:

I have Jack Watts. Should I trade him or wait?