Your mob – winning or losing?

Filed in My Supercoach Team, Supercoach by on March 24, 2013 • views: 1339

Your Supercoach MobIf you’ve got a few selection concerns folks take comfort in the fact that you are definitely not a lone ranger.

It has been a bugger of a weekend for most of us. Many of us looked on in horror while Dangerfield struggled on Friday night. We groaned last night as Luke Shuey incurred the wrath of Crowley. Our heads were in our hands by the time poor old Mark LeCras was helped from the field with a busted arm.

Dyson Heppell was looking bloody magnificent before his output went south in the second half. Goddard, as expected, was not quite the same free roaming Wildebeast he looked in the NAB. Ryder looked as if he didn’t like getting wet. Cox looked his age.

But we take the ups with the downs in the beautiful game don’t we? Nick Kommer looked good in the wet. Mundy and Barlow were sensational. Kennedy looked as good as he ever has in the first half and fit as a trout. Watson The Jobe made many of wonder why he wasn’t more seriously considered this season. Jon Griffin turned out one of the best ruck performances you will see this season.Smokies Nick Suban and Danyle Pearce delighted the crazy folk that selected them in their starting teams.

You don’t reach dizzying heights in fantasy footy without a bit of pluck and a fair old dose of rat cunning folks. If you’ve got wounds stop licking the bastards. Get to work and figure out how you’ll turn your misfortunes around…. I’m already jotting down a few premiums who might be verrrry juicy around round 5..

How did your mob go? And where to from here? Look forward to the discussion folks

Jock

Tags: , , , , ,

1. Blues Clues says:

695 after 8 players, captain hasn't played… Is that alright?

2. adam parr says:

465 AFTER 6 WORST START EVER

3. Popey99 says:

LOSING BIG TIME. Horrible weekend… Can't talk about it…

Stick it out with Danger and Shuey? Or jump off? At the moment will keep Danger and lose the shoe for Mundy.

• Luckystiff says:

Danger will come good. Those who have him will jump on when he's cheep. If you get rid of him they will all take the ride back up without you.

• kri says:

you shouldnt jump off shuey, he wont be tagged by crowley each week

4. Matty says:

437 after 7. Worst start possible -.-

• Luckystiff says:

Last years winner was 60kish after round 2 last year. Chin up till at least roubd 3 hahahaaha

5. Carol Reaby says:

568 with 6 players and captain hasn't played. Not too bad but not good either.

6. kochi says:

6 played on 516. I was burnt by danger, goddard and heppell

7. Togg says:

669/7 griffin and mundy have made up some difference from the ordinary scores of heppell and goddard..

8. Scotty Hilts says:

680 & 6 used, Shuey poor but worth keeping, Mundy & Cox excellent in my opinion .

9. daniel says:

610- 7 played. accidentaly put danger captain not vice :((

10. Sam says:

536 from 6. Danger was disappointing but Josh J Kennedy was very good. pretty bad start.

11. Noah says:

444 from 5, all premiums. I have Dangerfield, Heppell, Goddard and Cox. Mundy has been my saviour so far this week.

12. Ethan says:

479 for 5.

Jacobs, Goddard, Shuey, Mundy, Kennedy

13. Gouch says:

Regretting taking a chance on Baguley.

• Dyno Mite says:

Not saying it was a terrible call. but when you take risks and they don't come off you can be left lookng a bit sorry. Trade him out this round…

14. James says:

Jock, who do you suggest for Lecras? I was thinking Josh Kennedy or Michael Walters. Walters looked very good last night.

I decided to go with Fyfe over Mundy and Barlow and of course they both score more. Keep Fyfe or trade for Mundy or Barlow?

Cheers

15. Hareball says:

775 after 8

16. Smithy says:

637 from 7 no captain

17. elM says:

6 played; 462 points
    goddard, heppell, bellchambers, duffiend, fyfe, shuey

all 6 have scored less than their BE

18. Mdawgga says:

ATM I have a plan…
    At the end of round 2 I will get the best scorer of Fyfe/Mundy/ Barlow for the worst scorer of Pendles/Dangerfield/Murphy. Then I will have 200k plus with which I will use to get franklin!
    I'm 391 after 5 :(

19. Eddie says:

301 from possibly for of my best, Goddard, Danger, Shuey and Cox, expected better!

20. Adam says:

425 from 5 meh

21. Brett says:

596 from six, will take scooters bad score, and happy fyfe still got 96 on him. Stoked w suban, but now too many will look at him. Had griffen too, happy w that, had this penciled in as a bad week for him

22. Terry says:

6 played – 569 pts. Not too bad.

23. Rick says:

Everyone settle down as most have Heppell, Goddard and possibly Danger, so we're all in the same boat. All under par, as was Big Cox for me. Changed my fwd structure that many times with Kennedy in and out, but alas he is out. If Brisbane smash it next week, I'll be celebrating.

• Goochie says:

Decide against stacking the Brissy players for exactly that reason, not sure how many times they will actually "smash it" this year

24. Kev says:

5/579 – solid but not spectacular. Jobe had VC, keep his 121 community or whack the C on gaz?

Was sucked into dempsey last year, started like a house on fire then was nothing. Griff will drop once sandi returns, barlow won't be 500k for long! Had dan pearce as a smokie for ages! Dropped him last week. Spewin!

25. Cold Pies says:

Feeling pretty good…424 from 4 and a 70 from kommer on bench
    goddard,watson,mundy and lecras
    altho lecras is def trade this week ill his 90 odd up till then happily

26. gghfhf says:

ARRRGGHHH DANGERFIELD

27. Legend123 says:

713 from 7. Looking good and really happy. Have Goddard, mundy, fyfe, Jacobs, griffin, cox and lecras captain hasn’t played and not sure what to do with lecras. I need help.

28. Jamie says:

Do we feel Shuey just couldn't handle the tag, or is he not going to be as great as we all thought? Mundy for Shuey maybe?

• pdid says:

Shuey was held to something like 11d's last time Crowley shut him down. He's just not used to that tag.

• Goochie says:

He might have a tough time, not good enough yet to beat a tag but good enough to attract one

29. Bill says:

Watson as Vice Captain (with nice big score), with Ablett as Captain, do I put Ablett on the bench as sub??? Please advise

• pdid says:

put a sub player on the ground as captain that isn't playing. and name an emergency on the bench that is playing ( to cover your fake captains score )

• SCaddict says:

As you are really only going for the highest season/weekly points (i.e. the cash) at Rd 1 you may as well have Jobe as your default Capt as a POD. As pdid says you would place a sub on the ground who's not playing such as perhaps a Rowe or Neade rather than Gaz.

If it was Rd 3 and you were gunning for a league win it would be a tough call but you would probably need to make Gaz your capt as 121 that Jobe scored is below Gaz's average from last season of 137.

30. Sidetrader says:

Start of the real stuff gives true indication of where some blokes are at.
    With Thompson not being as effective as usual Danger is going to get tagged more often than not. Just hurts that I swapped him in for Jobe a few days ago.
    Goddard is going to take some time to warm into his new role and Heppell is still a young fella havin a crack in the guts.
    Cox looked lost and with no NicNat or Lynch for that chop out reckon he was feeling it.
    Mundy and Barlow were both great and Fyfe went missing. Pearce had one out of the bag and will bring misery for the remainder of the season.
    Feel for the frenchman was on fire until that broken arm but happy I stuck with Kennedy.
    Must resist the urge to side trade but a danger to watson looks more than likely.

31. marcus kika says:

561 with six played {dangerfeild, fyfe, duffeild, waters, cox, kennedy}

is this good????

32. srfoot says:

924/10 vc stanton had pav will he bounce back or have we seen the best of him_

• marcus kika says:

i think pavs best is past him
      better options are tom rockliff, dayne zorko, or jaryed roughhead

• Goochie says:

Pav will be an awesome buy around the bye rounds and will finish strong. Glad I dont have him now though

• SCaddict says:

At nearly $600K he's far too pricey for my liking. Now has split webbing and potential MRP trouble to deal with. If he drops below $500K and can prove he can stay healthy I might show some interest but not until then.

33. yourmate says:

481 from 6.. Jacobs, Danger, Cox, Shuey, Lecras, Heppel.. was expecting about 600 with them.. worst start.

34. @emhoy says:

529 from 6 Danger, Goddard, Heppell, Cox, JJ Kennedy and Jacobs. So not to bad avoided Ryder so happy about that. Swapped Shuey for Danger and Ryder for Jacbos before lockout so can't complain really.

35. simmo3 says:

if danger has another shocker next week thinking of a trade to barlow. cheap as chips if he gets back to his 2011 form and looked great last night

• @MRB37 says:

Danger will maybe cop a tag from Raines next week? He's still learning to deal with that sort of attention, so he might have another average game. Also having to deal with the ridiculous new sliding rule has seemed to trouble him a bit.

36. Michael says:

488 from 6, Heppell & Shuey unders, had Kommers starting so OK with score so far. Far too early to panic folks, 2 games into 200 game season!!

37. JPM says:

646 from 7. Traded WATERS OUT FOR DUFFIELD last minute. So bad, kicking myself. Mundy great, fyfe and heppell need to use the ball better but rather that than them not being able to find the footy. Cox played bad but still managed 96. Needs to increase that output for him to stay in my team at that price after Naitanui gets back

38. @emhoy says:

Is this silly, what about trading Danger out for Mundy make $150,000. This will give me about $300,000 on bench. Then look at brining danger back in when his price has gone down. I want to use 2 trades round 3 for rookie corrective trades. We do have 30 trades this year so I was always happy to burn some first few rounds.

39. BubbaNo1 says:

When Embley was named sub I moved my team around and brought in S Hill and Mayne…..120 points each…..Oh YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!….

• BubbaNo1 says:

pretty good PODS too I reckon…not seen any sides with Hill and Mayne…..will use them as stepping stones to Premos early on ….Hopefully can keep putting out at 90-110 for a little while longer…:-)

• pdid says:

Sure bro

40. marcus kika says:

561 with six played {dangerfeild, fyfe, duffeild, waters, cox, kennedy}

is this good????

41. BubbaNo1 says:

Juggled team around and Swapped Embley for S Hill and Mayne at the last minute….120SC points each and I'm a happy chappy

42. Bruce says:

Guys playing centrebet league as well – join my league 846448

43. Benno says:

I'm on 593 had Goddard, Heppell, Griffin, Mundy, Fyfe, Cox play so far. An average score but seem to be travelling slightly better then some at the moment.

Swapped Luke Shuey and Zac Smith out early yesterday morning for Mundy and Griffin, very pleased with that trade. Only early days but Mundy and Griffin both looked the goods. Heppell and Fyfe showed some good signs, I have no doubt that there scores will go up in the coming weeks. Goddard and Cox went alright, both played pretty average and ended up with half decent scores. And lastly still haven't used my VC loophole yet, looking to try it out in JPK against the young giants.

44. Dave Rudders says:

388/5 not great but way to early to be even slightly worried..Plenty of heavy hitters to come…should still get 2700 or so ;-)

45. Danger88 says:

289 from 3, fyfe, suban and heppell.

Most blokes with 7 played and a score of 700 would have burnt most their premiums…

46. Shimma says:

So many people going crazy after TWO games! Dont even consider who you're gonna trade out (except injured players) at least until the round's over. I would hope theres a reason you picked a certain player, so stay faithful that he can live up to your expectations.

• EvilUmpire says:

whilst i mainly agree Ryder has burnt me for the last time. As crouching would say he not good man he burn man!

47. Shaneoo88 says:

I was stunned but happy nobody was talking about Watson, and I think he will be a good pod. I predict Ablett, Pendlebury and Watson to be the highest mid scorers. Keep an eye on Ben Howlett, I know it is only one game but he could be the beneficiary from Goddards inclusion .

• Goochie says:

I never considered NOT having Watson, reigning Brownlow medalist for a reason suckers!

• @MRB37 says:

Watson was always an upgrade target for me. Just really wanted to have Ablett, Pendlebury and Kennedy to begin with.

• boostboy76 says:

Fair point, because most teams only tend to tag one or two players, so they'll almost always tag Watson and Goddard, or possibly Stanton because he's such an outside player and so easy to shutdown. This leaves Howlett free, unless he starts to hurt opposing teams so much he starts getting tagged himself.

48. Riley says:

The first 6 players you mentioned, I have all of them -_- (Dangerfield, Shuey, LeCras, Goddard, Heppell, Ryder)

• Goochie says:

Thats unlucky as all hell, only round one mate, they'll come good. I had all of them in and out could have very easily been in the same predicament, but only danger and goddard to worry about

49. Jeremy says:

644 from 7.
    Had Tex, Danger, Heppell, Goddard for a disappointing first game; had Mundy, Cox and Kennedy for a much better second game

50. Mick says:

I am getting rid of Danerfield………….that was his 2nd shocker in a row. He has returned to the form of 2011. Watson in.

• Paul says:

I wouldn't jump off just yet see how he goes next game. Apparently he was a little sick with flu and had tag and Adelaide as a whole played bad. They will get there arses kicked this week and hopefully come out fireing against Brisbane.

• SCattery says:

You are kidding me!!! Danger had the flu all week and was lucky to play!! they played at full forward for half the game so hocking didnt even have to do much. Fine jump off him if you want, more for me.

• Goochie says:

LOL, I hope everyone jumps off him, Danger POD hahaha, its two games in and the sky is falling hahaha

• @emhoy says:

Armfield tagged him in preseason and he struggle bit of a concern. Brisbane next so I guess Raines will tag him as well.

51. WazzaX says:

Rookie/Beginners league supercoach code # 938839 …3 spots left

52. NICK says:

556 after 87still got my cap to play in dream team and sc 840 after 8 with my cap and still got a LOT OF HIGH SCOREING PLAYERS LEFT

53. NICK says:

THATS AFTER 7

54. wil says:

3 for 245 captain hasn't played

55. Papaneri says:

Last minute decision whether to go for baguley, Murdoch or suban as my mid price backman…nek minnit baguley after his solid pre-season! Spewin, do I jump on the suban bandwagon straight away or wait a bit??? Had lecras & last minute took Kennedy over him so it’s all in luck I suppose!

56. Eagle Boi says:

699 with 8 and captain used. Nt sure what to do with lecras – I still have some cash so he might be traded with Hawkins. The last few games he had last year were crackers. Going to be a hard year this capper!!

57. Sohil says:

451 with 5 :( burnt by Goddard, Heppell. Not great – Cox, Jenkins

58. Yappa's Allstars says:

420/5, not happy at all. Jacobs, Goddard, Heppell, Dangerfield and Cox. Kommer on the bench.

59. Jon says:

624SC points out of 7 players. Jenkins, Masten & JJK were my star players on the weekend. Cox was a bit ordinary I age is catching up with him. Duffield was a bit rusty hopefully he plays a bit better in the next couple of round.

Goddard as I expected was OK. Fefy travelled well very impressed, will lock him for the whole season.

60. SCattery says:

My big winners so far is my ruck division! jacobs and jon griffin!
    Dangerfield was sick all week, lucky to play. Not dissappointed with him. Heppell annoyed me after half time and lecras is a big loss! Very interesting start to 2013!

61. Jimbotraralgon says:

bloody shocking weekend. 464 from 6.

expecting 600.

very humbling. spent 4 months thinking that I know what every player will do this year only to made a fool in 2 days. :-)

spent 3 months on the side and I’m behind a bloke at work who did his side Friday afternoon.

very humbling indeed.

still what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger.

• Matt says:

Only first week Jimbo, you will surpass him as the year goes on and you're right it is very humbling.

62. Bomber says:

547 from 6
    Jobe Watson
    Goddard
    Heppel
    Cox
    Lecras
    And duffield

Not too good but not as bad as what I’ve been hearing from other people

63. Mac says:

5 Prems down for 455 (Goddard, Duffield, Jacobs, Tex and Cox) – Disappointing but still 8 prems and Karnezis to go.

64. Luke says:

Shuey for Barlow anyone?

• boostboy76 says:

I wouldn't jump off just yet. I think Shuey will come good. At least give him another game before making a "rage trade"

65. Ram-Rod says:

A lot of you are whinging and you did fairly well!

For me?

Heppell – 73
    Dangerfield 63
    Shuey – 58
    Cox – 98

= 288/4

Very poor start =(

66. SCaddict says:

Not worried by Big Coxy at all. He had a quiet game by his standards (as did many Eagles) but still scored 96. He had 10 games last year below 100 including a 68 and a 76 against Freo so chill folks!

Rapt by JJK's form who was taking contested grabs all over the park but yes LeCras is a bummer. Looking so fit and playing so well that he may have been pushing an average near a 100 this season. :(

67. Cezza says:

519 from 6 (Jacobs, Goddard, Dangerfield, Griffin, Cox, and Shuey. Lucky, as i traded Dan currie out for griffin literally 2 minutes before lockout :D now currie is on the bench with Blicavs.

Also had Kommer on the bench (scored 70)

Dangerfield and shuey were really the only ones letting me down, although i expected more from Cox.

• boostboy76 says:

Realistically, Currie was never go to be a starting ruck, so lucky you brought in Griffen.

• Cezza says:

yeah, that's true…although I have Blicavs on my bench in the hope that he gets plenty og game time until H-Mac and the others get back from injury!

68. Matty says:

442 for 5 played. Had Mundy which I'm wrapped about, and Danger, Goddard, Cox, and Bellchambers. Happy with most except for big Bellychambers as I was tossing between him and Griffin. What do you guys reckon, trade up slightly to Griffin before he goes up or stick fat with Bellchambers?

69. Matty says:

Mundy was my value premium, but I also have Rich in my side. Tossing up between Rich and Boak as my breakout player. Thoughts? Which one?

70. Shimma says:

Threw in Griffin last minute, other than that, terrible

71. Goochie says:

Watson Danger Cox Goddard L.Brown(inj)

410 from 5, 3 ultra premiums, Goddard and an injury pffft

72. DPP says:

629 from 7
    Goddard, Ryder, Fyfe, Mundy, Duffield, Lecras, Cox

73. homous says:

Depending on what Ablett does, 2k will be a decent score this week

• Dave Rudders says:

Agreed…Likely 2100-2200 will be more than satisfactory…looking back at notes I took all of last year it was similar to this year…so absolutely no need to be worried. Sure some newbie coach will win $1000 with a score of 2400+ and never be heard of again….it's an old cliche but it's a marathon not a sprint…By the look of things most competitive Coaches will have a less than a stellar beginning..Keep the faith in your team…Crazy thoughts like sideways trading Dangerfield are BIG mistakes…don't fall for them everyone.

74. Alan says:

Crazy thought. Drop ablett for JPK, keep 100k in the bank and see what happens after 3 rounds. Abletts price will only drop and with less than 35% having him it could be a safe option. I will then pick him up for cheaper. What to do, what to do? I feel like I should just be focused on growing value and with ablett right now his price will just drop.

• Mac says:

Yes, his price will drop, but he'll be the number 1 midfielder at the end of the year and you'll miss out on that for a few rounds. Why not just start with who you think will end the season as the top players in that position. And you're forgetting something, Ablett has the ability to make that break-even.

• boostboy76 says:

I have heard the "Ablett will only drop in price" dilemma before, but he never really seems to?

75. Hoss says:

683/7. Went Kennedy over Lecras, Didnt go Shuey and Watson over Dangerfield. only bad thing didnt keep Mundy

76. tension says:

On the plus side; had Griffin and Mundy – great win by Freo.
    On the negative; very early injuries to Pav and the Frenchman, could mean early trades.

Anyone know how many weeks their injuries will be?

77. @MRB37 says:

6 played for 586. All big ticketed players with Walker, Jacobs, Mundy, Cox, Duffield and LeCras. I was going through a bit of a last minute panic swap between Fyfe, Shuey and Mundy. I ended up changing Fyfe to Mundy, so for 1 week at least that has payed off.

I'm actually quite pleased with Walker and Jacobs scores since the Crows were smashed all over the field and they still managed to not put up a donkey turd of a score individually.

78. @MRB37 says:

Did Shuey have Crowley on him? That guy towels up a fair few midfielders. I know Scott Thompson usually has shockers against Fremantle cause of that guy.

• SCattery says:

yes crowley completely shut down the shuperman! not the first time this has happened either, last time he did the same and shuey could only manage 11 disposals.

79. Dom says:

Keep Dangerfield or switch for Watson?

80. Tom says:

I'm only going for my league win, so i'm not too fussed on my 607/7 start to this round.
    The plan that i'm going for is that I don't trade anyone until the start of Round 3. This way I will know exactly who I should trade because they would have played two games. You can't judge people off their first round.
    Example: I have Lecras in my FWD, so will have to trade him out, but I'm not sure who to, but I would have a better understanding when everyone's had two games. JJK must have a shocker next week!

Is this a good plan?
    Thumbs up = Yes
    Thumbs Down = No

• Mac says:

I reckon you're right, we shouldn't be planning our seasons based on round 1, but to answer to your question, Yes, as long as you have someone to cover Lecras.

• boostboy76 says:

….unless there is an underpriced player who comes flying out of the bloacks in the first two rounds, i.e. JJ Kennedy, etc.

Trading after round two, but before the round 3 price changes might allow you to jump on an undervalued player and generate some quick cash.

81. tension says:

653 from 7 played. No capt or vc.

I must pay tribute to Mundy, Griffin and Waters who manned the barricades. Don't know why everyone was steering clear of Waters, he is reliable.

Crowley was killing it last night @MRB37, serial pest for gun midfielders.

Frenchman looks like 4-6 weeks, not sure I can wait that long unfortunately. How about you? Looked like he was in decent form.

• boostboy76 says:

I too fell for the trap of ignoring Waters. Think everyone will have him in their side soon if he keeps scoring like that.

82. tension says:

Fancy joining another SC league? Spots to fill.
    Invite code: 341656

All welcome.

83. long Guu says:

Ouch! What I do know. The "gut" said go with Kommer over Crouch. And I did. Feeling great for 24 hours. The gut said Shuey has almost no experience with a hard tag.. I ignored the "gut"…. Learning to follow gut…

84. Gus says:

It’s not to late to enter centrebets AFL Fantasy League The AFL’s richest fantasy competition FREE to register and play – http://bit.ly/centrebetafl

85. Shane says:

448 from 5, no capt or vice. Heppel, Shuey, Jacobs, Mundy and LeCras. Heppel and shuey burned me, give them 1 more round to prove themselves. Jacobs and Mundy saved me but i will have to trade lecras.

86. les says:

I scored 641 from 6 all preseason i said no goddard and then.buckled in the last week. however mundy. kennedy and barlow were locks from.day 1. no captain playerd.

• boostboy76 says:

Good one on Barlow, Had him last two years, then went with Mundy this year, Starting to think I should have gone both!

87. Crunch says:

718 from 8, i'm content!

88. dools says:

Gentlemen, Gentlemen Chillax It is only Rnd 1 some winners and a few losers relax..2 games gone and you are all jumpin' ship. Remember why you got the players you did? cause you had Faith… ! 1 game does not make a season
    I on theother hand am very pleased with what I had inc Le Cras So for a first game(s) split round I'm near 900 from 9 dosen't sound great but if I throw in Dangermouse well see not too bad. but this yoyo stuff will pan out it always does thats why they call them Averages. Except for "Nameless one" may his SC Score refelt my feelings
    At the end of the day we saw 4 teams perform.Against each other 1 team needed to bury the drug scandle and 1 team where always in the box seat given the outs they had.. Shuey/ Fyfe/Cox/ etc anew day a new challenge
    I Love Footy. Do You?

89. tension says:

Yes dools perspective is in order especially this time of year. Good call.

Froggy Le Cras did well. Just a shame about the arm. I was looking forward to seeing him kick a bag – he was looking in god knick.

Great to have the footy back, save for ongoing peptide investigation. Seems as though Danks may have a lot to answer for.

90. Shawnied says:

643 from 7 no captain

91. EvilUmpire says:

1. Jacobs (102) 2. Dangerfield (63) 3. Goddard (86) 4. Kommer (70)
    5. Ryder (54) 6. Watson (121) 7. Cox (96) = 592 from 7 overall not too displeased by performance. Think most ppl have goddard anyway. Disappointed by dangerfield and ryder though. I understand dangerfield was unwell but think he can recover from his poor score. Ryder on the other hand I am unsure of. Ryder can play well but is unreliable I feel. Thinking of trading him but might see how he goes next week. Another dull performance and he will be gone. its not until round 3 that prices adjust anyway right?

92. Shawnied says:

Need 4 more for my league 374437

• boostboy76 says:

I've joined : ) Finished in the top 10,000 last year, so hope I can do enough to not let the league avg score drop!

93. Paul says:

Yeah player has to off played 3 games to get price adjustment, so you have time to check players out. Dont trade Danger he will bounce back i thought he did alright considering he was playing with the flu most people cant get out of bed when hit with flu, and hes playing toughest sport in the world sick,!!!

94. Sam says:

834 from 10.
    Dangerfield, Jacobs, Walker, Goddard, Heppell, Fyfe, Duffield, Cox, Shuey, LeCras

Only got 4 premiums left to play + Captain (GAJ)
    Jacobs is my highest scoring player at the moment with 102.

Not happy!

95. mattywheelahan says:

Actually pretty happy with mine players so far… Thought Ryder was going to score 100+ but nup. but not displeased by it. I have 437 from 5 with only one midfielder played which was Watson and got some pretty decent scoring midfielders to come…

96. dannyboy says:

Ok im one of the many who had lecras. Who do we trade him for? i was originally tossing up between him and varcoe for the spot. JJK had a great start and looks sure to rise but i feel he will average under 100. Broughton is also on my radar but his poor pre season form makes me hesitant. Who else should i be on the look out for? I reakon its better to narrow it down before i lock in my team this week so i have the funds to cater for my first trade next week.

• tension says:

I am thinking similar. Varcoe was in my side all off-season until Karnezsis took his spot so could go to him. JJK looked good. Keen to see if the brothers Menzel get a run. Need to think outside the square for last two/three fwd spots I think.

• Shocker says:

JJK. Easy choice, especially now that Lecras is out of the picture up forward – more ball coming his way…

• boostboy76 says:

If you are looking to replace Lecras with a similarly priced or cheaper FWD, then none of them are going to average 100+ a week.

I think JJ Kennedy is so far ahead as the bargain low priced forwards that it's ridiculous. He is easily going to average higher than ANY of the cheap forwards options currently available, i.e. Byrnes, Varcoe, Broughton, etc.

• Jimmy says:

For Lecras I'm thinking maybe siposs, does show great potential!

• dannyboy says:

My only concern about siposs is his fitness. he needs to be able to run out a full game to get enough of the pill to be worth while.

97. Jimmy says:

705 for 8 players. These players include Dangefield, shuey, cox, mundy, fyfe, goddard, heppell, Josh J Kennedy. What do you people think. Still have 6 premiums plus varcoe, byrnes as midpricers. 5 more rookies left (including macaffer), what do you guys rekon I will get?

98. Sam says:

LeCras for Kennedy?

99. Jimmy says:

Karnezis or Byrnes !!!!!!! URGENT HELPPPPPP!!!!!!!!

• boostboy76 says:

Definitely Karnezis for mine on current form, and break out potential.

• Shocker says:

Karnezis all the way

• Jimmy says:

Should I go Karnezis and Neade on the bench or Byrnes and Troy Menzel on the bench??? Why is Karnezis a good pick??? Job security?? Thanks for the help.

• @MRB37 says:

Picking Karnezis is based on NAB cup form as he averaged 96.8 points. Someone like Byrnes you're basically picking in the hopes he reaches the levels he was at in 09/10.

• Jimmy says:

What is his job security?

• SCaddict says:

Although not many players are guaranteed a place I reckon Karny's JS is pretty solid. One of the best performers in the NAB Cup and no reason to believe his fine form won't continue into the season proper.

100. davo says:

680 points with 8 players and shuey, cpt hasnt played yet

101. boostboy76 says:

I'm currently 615 from 7 (Captain not played yet)

Happy with Jacobs (102), Josh J Kennedy (109) and Mundy (126).

Not so happy with Heppell (73), and my two "Break-out year" contenders, Gaff (66) and De Boer (48!). Plus like most people, had Lecras, who I now have to trade out.

102. danny phillips says:

its round, dont be scared to hang on to players stop trying to jump week to week on the big scorers its a long season and already players dropping. hanging onto some players can and most likely will be a pod….

103. Richoman_12 says:

Any thoughts on menzel from the blues as a fwd bench option?

104. Fitzy says:

441 so far from 4 (Goddard only spud with Griffin, Pearce and Kennedy doing all the good work so far. Kommer on the bench

105. Ben says:

5 played for 542 points.. Pretty happy with the start. Goddard, Watson, Pearce, Cox & Kennedy. Swapped LeCras for Kennedy at the last moment. Happy I did but feel for LeCras..

106. BRAD says:

395 FOR 4 PLAYERS, I THINK IVE DONE ALRIGHT

107. Jon says:

Jenkins. 70

Goddard. 86

Duffield. 80

Fyfe. 96

Kennedy. 109

Cox. 96

Masten. 87

Round 1 (two games)

Not bad, but not good either.

Scoring 624 out of 7, with 5 premiums and 2 mid-price.

Masten has been impressive in pre-season and did OK in Round 1 he’s likely to increase his SC average and value, as expected the likes of Shuey, Preddis, Selwood & others will be tag.

Jenkins has gone under the radar, he’s been playing Back/Ruck/Fwd position even if he gets 15 odd disposals, he’s surely to make good SC points.

Kennedy so far so good never had a doubt he can score points. Now that Lecras is injured, he will be the main focus up front. Just hope he can stay in the park week in week out.

Cox I’ll hang on to him til Naitanui gets back.

Goddard was ordinary, not as good as he was in pre-season. It is early days, its only Round 1 we’ll see how he’ll go in the next few rounds.

Fyfe did just ok, will keep him as long he stays healthy.

Duffield same as Goddard, expected a bit more from him. Will keep a close watch in the next few rounds.

• @MRB37 says:

I reckon the 70-75 point range is your year average for Jenkins. He will occasionally score higher if he boots 2-3 goals, but i'd be happy with that score considering he didn't play that great.

108. LanceCalhoon says:

399 from 4: Goddard, Heppell, Cox and Barlow. Kommer on bench

I should be surly, except I'm just rapt with Barlow.

109. chandanrajdb says:

505/6 played…..Not sure good or bad……captain hasn't played yet (Gaz)

Goddard, Heppell, Danger, Fyfe, Cox, & LeCras…….and Kommer is currently on the bench selected as an emergency……….

Guys i need help in choosing my R2…..Mumford Vs Leuenberger……..

Any help would be appreciated……..

Raj

• SCaddict says:

Gee Raj I'm not sure I have much faith in either Mummy or Berger as they both present significant injury risk in my view.

But if forced I'd pick Mummy as Achilles injuries like Berger had can be tough to overcome and can often flare up again.

110. Eugene says:

626 from 7 players, captain yet to play…

Kennedy (109)
    Fyfe (96)
    Cox (96)
    Goddard (86)
    Priddis (86)
    Duffield (80)
    Heppell (73)

111. Paul says:

Lecras !!…..placed into side on the death knock. Tip, never listen to others, go with your gut. Your thoughts ? keep or trade out ?

• SCaddict says:

Not sure anyone could've predicted LeCras would go down with a broken arm so just rotten luck rather than poor advice.

Reckon with 30 trades you should burn one and trade him out. There are plenty of good mid priced forwards to swap him for, such as JJK, Varcoe, Karny, Siposs etc.

112. Rocksta says:

I have Cox,Heppell,Danger,Goddard and Shuey – absolutely shocking start ! I dont want to get trigger happy after 1 Round but am really concerned about Danger's and Shuey's abilities to play with Tags. They are both supossed to become their respective teams number 1 mid this year and thus will get all the attention. I will stick with Danger for the minute but will give Shuey another 2 rounds tops.

113. Ben says:

Ffye , walker, goddard Jock work out how bad that is!

114. Tiger says:

5/499 Goddard, Fyfe, Griffen, Watson, Duffield. With only 2 trades per round is it worth considering 2 trades after this round and next round to take advantage of as many underpriced players as possible….albeit it based on only 1 or 2 weeks of form? That means burning 6 trades by round 3?

• SCaddict says:

I'm a believer in burning trades early only if it will significantly improve your team. You still need to be judicious and not make knee jerk reactions or make trades for the sake of it. But I expect to have made at least 3 or 4 moves after 3 rounds.

115. heydon says:

Karnezis easy

116. heydon says:

a sold 159 ,2 played, Goddard heppel, got 7 to play this thursday M.Murphy, T Cotchin D Martin B Gibbs C Yarren M Kreuser N Vlaustin

117. Jordzter says:

526 from 5. I have not used my captain. Still got gazza. I have had Goddard, Watson, Jacobs, Lecras and mundy-three premiums and two mid priced i am pretty happy with the start

118. Josh says:

Not too bad – 6/474 (captain yet to play).

Pity Luke Brown got injured, otherwise might be at the five hundge mark – acceptable enough this early in the season…

119. Gus says:

Its not too late to win $150,000 in Centrebets #AFL fantasy league. Australias richest fantasy competition… http://bit.ly/centrebetafl

120. Jack says:

564 after 6 haven't had captain yet, Dangerfield a let down but impressed with Kennedy!

121. Reggie says:

Centrebets AFL FANTASY LEAGUE has bugger all people entered and with Australias biggest prizepool of $150,000 your crazy if you haven’t entered. Much easier to win than dreamteam or supercoach… Enter here… http://bit.ly/centrebetafl

122. fanglord13 says:

713/7 which I can be mostly happy with though I have a lot rookies still to play….

123. Matt says:

Hey jock not too relevant but I was just wondering what are your thoughts on Dylan Shiel?

124. dan says:

1845 for 17 only have pendles + 4 rookies left to play prety slow start with danger and co seem to have recovered somewhat though

125. BubbaNo1 says:

1775/15 captain played…..have Pendles Swan Roughead Mitchell k Macaffer Pittard and Blicavs to go….hoping for 2400 or high 2300’s…..should be a par score after last nights Abletting…..how are others going?