Crouch OUT Kommer IN??

Filed in The Jock Drawer by on March 21, 2013 • views: 2675

supercoach crouch vs KommerCrouch v Kommer

Even a seasoned veteran of fantasy footy such as myself was staggered to hear the young Brad Crouch has not been named for round 1.

To soil the underpant of our round 1 midfield rookie plans even further – Nick Kommer has been named to debut for Essendon when they take on the Crows at AAMI park Friday night and looks a very tempting swap for Crouch.

Mark my words. Not a season goes by when the fantasy footy gods don’t chuck a few of these curve balls at as at the last minute. I love it. It’s these very situations that sort the wheat from the chaff. The men from the boys. The fantasy pretenders from the true fantasy elite.

First thing we need to do is remove the emotion from this equation. Crouch is out. Kommer is in. Kommer will score points round 1. Crouch will not. For many this may appear to be a very easy decision to make – and I suspect that the most popular trade in the lead up to lockout will be CROUCH OUT. KOMMER IN.

But hold your horses community. Let’s pull this thing apart and compare what we’re dealing with here;

Nick Kommer

Essendon, Mid, $109,500

• He averaged around 50 in his 4 NAB hit outs – I’d expect him to output 60’s in the real deal.
  • Selected at pick 73 in the 2012 Draft.
  • He’s a mature age 22 year old which is a positive.
  • Played the whole NAB Cup and was very pretty impressive.
  • Comes across from the WAFL where he played 27 games averaging 16 possessions a game. Suggestions are that he was red hot late in the season for East Perth which is where he really got the attention of recruiters.
  • Pressure may come from Winderlich who may return from injury soon and Jetta who didn’t make round 1, however Hirdy did come out and say that Essendon has 43 of 44 fit players available so this must be a good thing for Nick’s job security.

Brad Crouch

Adelaide, Mid, $115,900

• Averaged 55 through the NAB, with less game time than Kommer.
  • Selected at pick 2 in the 2011 mini draft
  • He has been described as a clearance beast.
  • Had to cool his young heels in the SANFL for season 2012 becasue he was too young.
  • He averaged 20 touches and 5 clearances a game in the SANFL.
  • Sanderson has suggested a few times that he would have played senior footy for the Crows in 2012 if the rules allowed it.
  • There are a lot of grumpy Crows around the interwebs tonight struggling to understand how blokes like Brodie Martin, Matthew Jeanch and Andy Otten have snagged a round 1 berth before him.
  • He’s named first emergency.
This is an interesting discussion folks. For mine Crouch is the better player and I’m sure he’ll score more and gain more value than Kommer during the course of the season. Kommer certainly seems a valid selection based on his NAB form.. but is part of a solid WAFL season and a good NAB cup warrant him a place in our teams ahead of young gun Crouch??
A closer call than many are suggestion.
My call? Crouch stays in.

What’s yours?

1. John C says:

Jock me old mate was just pondering the Crouch to Kommer question and happened to hit the website and see this but even more tricky to explain is the Sam Newman like snap of the Father of Fantasy that has appeared on the site. Had a little bit of work done lately eh Jock???

2. Pete says:

Crouch is out

My concern previously was time in the Adelaide mid field, vest man this year IMO

3. Lukey says:

You need to take emotion out of it
    – Couch is not playing and this gives an insight that he is on fringe of team. This means he’ll be in & out all year. You need all your players playing and earning you bucks. Ditch him for now, maybe he becomes a trade down target later on.

– Kommer is not good enough scoring wise. They are playing him in the forward pocket, expect 40’s and 50’s. at least he’s playing, but scores aren’t good enough for mine.

My suggestion would be to look elsewhere – maybe Matthew Jones from Melbourne. Or Kane Mitchell should he be elevated next week.

4. Luckystiff says:

I had Lycett in my team all of Febuary up until last week. With Crouch not playing I’ve moved Varcoe to his spot & brought back Scott. My feeling is that even if Brad breaks into the Adelaide team he’s a good chance for the vest. He may become a regular before the years out but this is SC man! Your either quick or your dead.

5. dan says:

this supercoach stuff is doing my head in i dont need this stress in my life haha

6. Michael says:

Crouch out for the moment for me, Kommer will get a decent run by the sounds of it, hopefully enough to grab some extra cash and then bring young Crouch in. Remember the extra trades will allow you to take advantage of some of these “cash grab” situations and perhaps not hold onto a non playing rookie for half a season like previous seasons!

7. dan says:

lets hope adelaide have a late withdrawel

8. G-unit says:

1. he might be a late in 2. If it asnt for the extra trades I may keep him but I have never in previous seasons always had 30 players starting (other than maybe ruck 4)
    and have finished top 300 and 450 respetively last 2 years

• Felsty says:

Are you saying you have had all your players playing in your side or not?

• G-unit says:

yeh had all players playing rd 1 other than ruck 4. my thinking is to have neither plenty other options ill jump on crouch on the bubble and make money from rd 1 with another rook

9. billericay says:

Jock I’m assuming you and Sando would have discussed Adelaids’s team structure over a few cold ones in the bungalow earlier in the week. Very disappointed he hasn’t taken your advice, but surely Crouch has to be out of our teams now. Question is who replaces him?

10. Mick The Mad Irishman says:

Not considering either now Jock. Crouch was always going to be a bench player so not too concerned. If anything I hope he doesn’t get a gig until round 4 now – perfect first downgrade.

11. Luke says:

Thoughts on Kane Lucas and paddy Ryder?

12. joel says:

swapping crouch for a non playing rookie ( the first two games) may give u more flexibilty next week ( when we find out who else is playing..kommer must be respected by the bombers staff to get a gig (on ground by the way) though….when do we see higginbothams team?????

13. meanie of me says:

Crouch stays in for mine.

One of the cardinal rules is not to go chopping and changing a well thought out side at the last minute.

If it’s the week leading up to the first bubble (rd 4) and still no Crouch then I’ll revisit the question.

• Felsty says:

Smartest thing anyone has commented so far!

• Sam says:

Agreed!

• G-unit says:

SOund advice my worry has always been how this kid will fit into an already strong mid field, him not being selected for me just stamps that for me, coz when he does play he will be a sub candidate and pocket player.
          Hope for your sake it works out.

• jarrad says:

I was of the opinion the well thought out side was exclusive of the ROOKIES. Rookies always get shuffled around when teams are announced. Taking Crouch out now means you dont have to waste a trade doing it next week or 3 weeks from now if hes still not getting a gig. If Kommer was named on the I/C id stay with Crouch but the guys named on the field, thats a pure swap for mine.

• Wazza says:

Ahh yes but what if Kommer only plays the first game? you still have to burn that trade.
        All rookies are a gamble.
        It has happened before where a rookie was named in round 1 and everyone has jumped on, only for the kid to never play again that season.

I’m not saying 1 approach is better than the other, just that we should all bare in mind the Rookie risk.
        I think it comes down to which one you think will be a bigger cash cow on the season

• G-unit says:

30 trades rather take the risk…also….not picking crouch rd 1 dosnt mean you have to jump on kommer plenty of other options next week

14. Popey99 says:

MARK. MY. WORDS. Crouch WILL play Rd.2 and WILL be a top 5 mid rookie in 2013.

15. repsac says:

Crouch out but not Comma in. One of the melb cheapies will be a better option. Evans perhaps subject to selection

16. Adam says:

Use Crouch for the captain loophole.

• Daz says:

No good – you can’t put the C on a player from a team that’s already played.

• Wazza says:

Daz is right, you need to use the VC on someone who plays early so you can put the C on a non-playing player if the VC racks up a huge score

17. Andrew says:

Anyone keen for another league? SC: 634816

18. Joseph says:

Lower out kommer in??

19. Dale says:

Will Spangher play for the hawks?

20. Dale says:

….Hawthorn rookies seem to be off the radar.

• SCaddict says:

Yes I’ve got a close eye on both Spangher and Hill. With a few injury concerns I think there’s a reasonable chance that one or both may play Rd 1.

So it will probably depend on how many of players like Lake, Hodgey, Cyril and Gibbo play.

21. les says:

If you ask me its silly to keep him and heres why.
    Keep brad crouch now even if he plays rd 2 onwards his first price increase will be at rd 4.
    Take someone else who is going to play rd 1,2,3 their first price increase will be rd3. Therefore you can trade them in when they increase about 60k and cash them in for brad crouch just before his price rise.

• Wazza says:

Need more cash than that from a cash cow.
      No guarantee the rookie you replace him with is gonna play rnd 1,2 & 3

• Lee says:

and lose a pointless trade before leagues even begin round 1, for 60k? any rookie that jumps 60k first week is worth holding on to, why trade them so early?

22. Dale says:

However, playing round 1 doesn’t mean 2 or 3 as well. Been stung before waiting half the year for Paine to play game three!!

23. Campbo says:

Pittard or Stevenson down back??

24. Lee says:

Any thoughts on this team lads?
    Forward line has been my biggest headache.. cyril ravioli is a likely omittee but then again, so are 90% of them

B: Goddard Gibbs Duffield Heppell
    Goodes Pittard

(Stevenson Terlich)

C: Ablett Pendles Watson Swallow
    Sloan Mayes O’Meara Viney

(Crouch Mitchell)

R: Jacobs Leunberger

(Rowe Currie)

F: Zorko Riolo Martin LewJetta
    Karnezis Macaffer

(TomLee Redpath)

• Smittzzy says:

Looks good to me mate, however those forward rookies showed little to nothing and probably won’t get much game time. i’d take Neade or Dwyer OR Swap in Blicavs to your ruck for opening rounds and put rowe down forward.

• Smittzzy says:

Also Rioli is injured. Watch out

• Lee says:

cheers mate, ive got blicavs now in ruck and neade+rowe up forward . thinking of petrie for ravioli

• Paul says:

Agreed. Apart from those FWD rookies a strong side. Even when Cyril is in he spends too much time on the sideline getting massaged. For that sort of coin I’d be leaning towards a Tom Rockliff or maybe Chappy?

25. Adam says:

Can’t decide between Jack Riewoldt or Taylor Walker

• wombat says:

Best choice would be to remain undecided on both and take Lewis,Bartell, Chapman or even the Kamikaze Kid. All will score more Jack or Taylor IMO

26. Spinnerau1 says:

Afternoon guys,

I have been vigourously following most of the post here over the last few week, and all thw while trying to tweek and fine tune my team. So many ins and outs over the last few weeks!! Anyways….heres my team,

DEF: Goddard Shaw Duffield Heppel Vlastuin Goodes (Trelich Frost)

MID: Ablett Swan Pendlebury Dangerfield Murphy Mitchell Crouch Viney (O’Meara Kommer)

RUCK: Roughead Currie (Rowe Moller)

FOR: Cox Zorko Rockliff Lecras Varcoe Macaffer (Neade Lee)

$47600 in the bank

I feel weak in the ruck!!!

Thoughts would be appreciated…..Im only interested in winning my league (but lests be honest, there is a small part of everyones brain thats always looking at the overall win!!)

• Spinnerau1 says:

Damn i really should proof read before submitting!!

• Stevo says:

your ruck is very weak, I would replace either heppel or duffield with a rookie like brown (adelaide) or stevenson (pt adelaide) and upgrade one of your rookie rucks, probably Moller to a Goldstein or Bellchambers.

Thats just my 2c

• wombat says:

Murphy, are you sure? I reckon a bit of his heart fell off when Danger crunched him last year, and he didn’t have an appetite for the contest in the NAB. Gibbs will score more this year IMO.

27. Andrew says:

Gday jock community
    would appreciate some last minute tips before tonights lockout on my team

D: Goddard, Gibbs, Heppell, Goodes, Pittard, Terlich (Stevenson, Docherty)
    M: Ablett, Dangerfield, Selwood. J, Shuey, Mundy, Hannebery, Wines, Omeara (Viney, Crouch)
    R: Jacobs, Bellchambers (Blicavs, Currie)
    F: Cox, Zorko, Wright, Lecras, Karnezis, Macaffer (Kerridge, Neade)

Tossing up between Bellchambers and Zach Smith, if i get Smith it allows me to upgrade a fwd rookie to mid pricer in varcoe or harper.

Any opinions appreciated

28. jimbotraralgon says:

Last chance….jock reynolds supercoach league 687035

1. If you have ALREADY REGISTERED for the Herald Sun Nissan SuperCoach Competition, simply click the following link (you may need to login):
    (Once logged in, simply confirm your invitation and you’ll be automatically added. Private Groups are a separate feature to the five head-to head leagues of 18, in which you may continue to participate as usual).

2. If you have NOT YET REGISTERED, simply click on the link below and fill in the registration form as usual:
    (On successful registration, you’ll automatically be added to this Group. Simply look for the “GROUP” tab in the nav of your Leagues page).

29. jimbotraralgon says:

no higgo team posted? hmmmm…..a little disappointing mate.

good luck all

cheers

30. Adam says:

best forward under 500k?

31. Westy says:

No Kommer, period!

32. Frank says:

Crouch is first emergency. Porpoise was in Hospital only 2 weeks ago and the rumours are he will be a late withdrawal. Smoke and Mirrors in Rd 1 as per usual. Hold your nerve and don’t trade out Crouch!!

33. James says:

Hey Jock,

Fyfe or Shuey?

34. Matty says:

Please help community!

Should I go Griffin and Jake Stringer OR Leuey and Lecras? Cheers

35. Sully says:

what do you think of my tem

Defence

Cox, Jacobs
    (currie, Blicavs)

forwards
    Roughead (hawtorn), bartel, rockliff,
    kennedy (wce), karnezis, macaffer,
    (neade, rowe)

pretty happy with my team not sure about my forwards trying to decide between karnezis and varcoe

36. Chris says:

Thoughts on vardey?

37. Ben says:

Hey community
    Would appreciate comments or
    THUMBS UP please

DEF: Goddard, Gibbs, Heppell, Vlaustin, Goodes, Terlich
    (Stevenson, Colquhoun)

MID: Ablett, Pendlebury, Kennedy, Dangerfield, Fyfe, Moloney, Mitchell, Crouch
    (O’meara, Viney)

RUCK: Roughead, Jacobs (Currie, Rowe)

FORW: Cox, T.Walker, Rockliff, Varcoe, Karnezis Macaffer
    (Neade, Dwyer)

I agree with Jock about money making backline and stable ruck duo. I have a heavy loaded midfield for early high scores but i feel i can still make money as well. Went with Tex and Walker because they should have big starts with no Nic Nat and Tippet. Josh Kennedy should have a blinding start to the year with a really easy draw making me choose him over cotchin. Moloney for me was a no brainer now with job sercurity and its looks like he is back to his best.

Cheers Guys

38. Tim says:

I have Kommer and Crouch on the bench, aside my premius I have viney, Mitchel (PTA) and Omerea from GC… Any rookies I must have for round 1? cheers guys.

39. heydon says:

stay with crouch i agree but after watching kommer, he could win you some cheap points

40. choppers says:

I have Crouch on the bench and he's not going anywhere except onto the field. And that might come sooner rather than later after the Crows woeful midfield performance last night.

41. uditha says:

could be my first trade come round 3 if kommer keeps doing what he did last night.

42. Dovacheski says:

An interesting trade management decision. I went for Kommer in given round three trade can be Kommer out with hopefully a 20k or more increase for Crouch who is at original price and in game two about to increase. You end up with Crouch and some cash.

43. cakeater says:

thats ive u dont have 2 do anything else that week i guess

44. Shimma says:

Anyone else tempted by Griffin? Real nice averages, even though he doesnt play a full season.

45. Shimma says:

Should I go with Gorringe (on the field) and Bartel/Stevie J
    OR Griffin and Stringer (on the field)

46. steve says:

griffen and stringer

47. naturally like your web-site however you need to
    check the spelling on several of your posts. Many of them are rife with spelling
    issues and I to find it very troublesome to tell the reality
    nevertheless I will certainly come again again.

48. I really like what you guys are up too. This type of clever work and exposure!
    Keep up the awesome works guys I’ve incorporated you guys to my blogroll.

49. Litt implique que beaucoup de dames c habitu propres sac main longchamp Dior sa seule possibilit d’avoir leurs petits modules en cherchant adorables et Les d mentionn ci-dessus r que la bl peut la bonne breach pour reprendre l’feature jeune des yeux. Fourre-tout brod est disponible en versions exquises et des couleurs vibrantes et aussi avoir un diction peculiar. OK, maintenant laissez-nous discuter quelques exercices simples machine a que nous pouvons faire pour aider minimiser l’apparence de la partie sup des cuisses grandes, aussi connu sous le nom de sacoches. Vous pouvez envisager d’utiliser un sac de la r si vous l’utilisez pour une event informelle. quel ils sont et de circulation, il est courant pour les pi d’argent ind de poss beaucoup de d les soucis n en ce qui concerne un poignet pouch est que va garantie. Couture irr pauvres est vraiment une main morte s hors de la fausse. Il pourrait difficile pour les entreprises dont la age de d mouvement pour cr cette stamping stable. Le sac de Abigail est un moyen fantastique d’inclure certains figure pour votre soir Les couleurs sont essentiellement mod pour obtenir une grande brillance et le splendor. Vous ne pouvez vraiment cr une education avec le sac main parfait.

50. Greetings! Veryy helpful advice in this particular article!
    It is thhe little changes whoch will make the most important changes.Thanks a lot for
    sharing!

Also visit my web page … halle bodycon bandage Dress in Navy

51. Verу good article. I am gooiոg through many oof thes issueѕ
    as well..

Feel free to surf to myy weeЬ blog: Boca Raton Discount CPA supplies

52. I leave a comment each time I like a post on a blog
    or I have something too contribute to the conversation.
    It iis a result of the fire communicated in the post I browsed.
    And after this post Crouch OUT Kommer IN?? | Jock Reynolds.
    I was actually excited ehough to drop a commenta
    response ;) I actuazlly do have a couple of questions
    for yoou if it’s allright. Could it bbe nly mme or do a
    few of the responses come across as if they are written by brain dead individuals?
    :-P And, if you are posting at other places, I would like to follow
    you. Would you make a list all of all your communnal sites like your linkedin profile, Facebook page or twitter
    feed?

Look at my webpage – get medical records

53. I do not know if it’s just me or if perhaps everybody
    else experiencing problems with your website. It appears as if some of the text on your posts are
    running off the screen. Caan someone else please comment
    and leet me know if this is happening to
    them too? This may be a issue with my browser because I’ve had this happen before.
    Many thanks

My web site – eye exercise improve Vision

54. Encօre un poste clairemkent аttractif

55. web page says:

Јe remarque toսt de suite qque vous maîtrisez
    très bien cce thème

56. Coleman says:

Remarkable things here. I am very glad to look your post.
    Thanks so much and I am looking ahead to touch you.
    Will you kindly drop me a mail?

57. Vous publiez toujours des posts fascinants

58. Je prends la peine de poster ce petit com dans le but de congratuler l’administrateur