Supercoach Team Reveal : Teflon’s Pimps

Filed in Game Strategy, Supercoach, Vince Gambino AFL Fantasy God by on March 15, 2013 • views: 1732

Vince Gambino's Supercoach Team

This season I went in with a real “Guns & Rookies” mindset. However a few midpriced players found their way into Teflon’s Pimps.

After closely following the Mick The Mad Irishman’s team selection strategies I have great confidence in my guns and rookies.

Defenders

As you can see, I’ve only gone with one mid-priced player in my backline and it’s Ben Jacobs from North Melbourne. The mail we’ve been getting from the community is that Port were desperate to hang onto Jacobs but his future is now at Arden St. Solid in NAB Cup and I’m hoping for him to be a POD for my side. I’ve got good faith in my four rookies in Terlich, Stevenson, Goodes and Vlastuin. In particular I like young Stevenson from Port – starved of opportunities at WCE but WILL play for Port. My premiums – Goddard, Gibbs and Heppell – are in most of your teams.

Vince Gambino Defenders

Midfielders

It’s make or break time for Teflon’s Pimps in the middle of the park. I’ve gone with 5 genuine premiums in the middle. Out of those five premiums, the one player I am pinging my hopes on most is Patty Dangerfield. Mark my words ladies and gentleman, the Danger is set for a big year. In terms of my rookies, I made the tough call in choosing Mitchell over Wines. Koby Stevens is a player I told youse all about a long time ago and who can resist O’Meara, Crouch and Viney?

Vince Gambino midfield

Rucks

I’ll tell youse all what, I spent weeks and weeks tossing and turning in my sleep when it came to choosing my rucks. In the end I’ve gone with the Rough Head, Currie, Rowe and Witts. Majak was strongly considered but ultimately left out. Witts and Rowe both got the nod over him because pre-season games suggest that they’ll get more game time than Majak Daw. Currie is a STAR and will play. Roughie’s versatility won me over and with the ability to play virtually anywhere on the park I’m looking forward to plenty of big scores from him.

Vince Gambino Rucks

Forwards

I also had major dilemmas when it came to picking my forwards. I’ve ended up slightly moving away from the guns & rookies strategy and throwing in a few mid-pricers namely Shannon Byrnes, Travis Varcoe and Mark Lecras. This is because I don’t believe there are enough premium forwards on offer this year which is also why I’ve slotted big Coxy in there as a DPP. Shannon Byrnes just got the nod over Patty Karnezis in the end. The two Brissie boys in Rockliff and Zorko are set for huge years (watch the Lions fly up the ladder, by the way). Macaffer an absolute LOCK at $128,000 and I’ve got good faith in little Jake Neade.

Vince Gambino Forwards

Bear in mind this might change before Round 1 but it’s locked in at the moment. So then, what do youse all think of Teflon’s Pimps? Let us know what you think and I’m more than happy to counter your arguments!

1. SharkBait says:

Defenders: Goddard, Gibbs, Duffield, Heppell, Vlastiun, Goodes, Stevenson, Terlich

Midfielders: Ablett, Pendlebury, Murphy, Swallow, Bennell, Fyfe, Mitchell, Crouch, O'Meara, Viney

Rucks: Jacobs, Currie, Rowe, Grimely

Forwards: Roughead, Rockliff, Cloke, LeCras, Varcoe, Macaffer, Kerridge, Lee
    only got 7,800 left

thought would be great on this

2. JailBait says:

Best defender from 400-450k?

3. choppers says:

Hmmmm! Mitchell over Wines. Can't agree with that one sorry.Wines will play and will rack 'em up. Mitchell has to be elevated first and then it's possible he may get the "run with" role, although he is 45K cheaper. I also prefer Karnezis over Byrnes, but that's just me.
    Cheers

4. Simmo3 says:

Not a bad side. Like Murphy at 600k. Unsure on Mitchell and Stevens over wines. What were the reasons behind that?

• Yo Simmo, appreciate the feedback. It's a matter of opinion for me. I've liked Stevens for a while and believe him and Mitchell are just a little bit more ready for AFL than Wines is. May well be proved wrong though. All the best to ya man

5. Skippa says:

Loving it fully sick Vince! Only worry would be the rucks I reckon, I reckon the Hawks laugh big Max Bailey and will want to get him back in the side this year. If this is the case rough will spend plenty of time forward and would expect his output to drop by 10sc points! Risky with currie as R2 also, can't see him getting the nod ahead of goldy just yet. If he does though you are laughing all the way to the bank! Great side though! Looking the goods!

• Shaker says:

No risk with Currie as R2 – he will play with Goldy – doesn't matter if he isn't number 1. If for any reason Currie doesn't play , can swing Cox into Ruck for Rowe in Forward line and put Rowe on the bench.

No brainer.

• Skippa, you're too kind dude. I'm fairly confident Currie will play with Goldy at this stage (dont forget how poor Goldy was towards back end of last season). And as Shaker said I can swing Coxy into the ruck if Currie doesn't play for some reason! Good luck to ya

• SCaddict says:

Would respectfully disagree on your ruck views Skippa. Reckon Vince has the bases covered there. If and when Currie doesn't play he can always swing Big Cox in there and have Macaffer come in off the bench to cover his forward line.

Bailey is still on the outer for mine as the Roughead Hale combo works so well for them and Bailey really is limited resting forward compared to the other two guys. Leuey as a R2 is probably more risky coming back from a achilles and young Smith is still unproven and finding his feet in the AFL.

Unless you want to go in with two premium rucks which is probably on the extravagant side for most with all the resources needed elsewhere. So what Vince has chosen is about as best you can do with the ruck situation we are confronted with this year.

6. Matt says:

Really looking at Atley from North – Any opinion?

• Skippa says:

certainly potential for a break out. don't mind harbrow from gc. about 30k more though.

• kodesz says:

Hasn't shown enough for me, just dont think he has the ability to rack up enough of the pill.

7. Stoney says:

Out of these 5 rookie mids which one should I leave out
    Omera, J.Lonegen, Viney, Crouch, K.Mitchell
    Thanks :)

8. James says:

Pretty sure you stole my side Vincent! Very similar except for the Fwds

9. beau says:

All your midfield premiums have the same bye round, come on jock pick up your game

• Brick says:

To be fair you trade before then and there is also the the tank round strategy. Eat heaps of donuts in 1 round and pick the 4 points in the other 2.

Worked for me last year.

• SCaddict says:

Not really a major concern this year with the new bye scoring rules. Perhaps he still loses that round but he'll be exceptionally strong in the other byes so may win 2/3 rounds there.

By far the most important thing is picking the players you think will perform well for the money and those 5 elites look fantastic to me.

10. jimbotraralgon says:

Hi Vince.

funny you have put your side up today with that structure. I have been playing with the same logic and approach. Generally GnR with a sprinkling of some mids. 4 or 5 mid price players are about right I am thinking.

Whilst I don't agree with the actual mids you have selected, their volume and location in the side is spot on. It seems pretty clear to me now with the darth of rookies in the forward line with any sort of job security, midprice madness in F4, 5 and 6 seems the only logical thing to do.

However, I am looking pretty vunerable in the ruck (even with Cox supply the back up in case of emergency).

As POD, my mids are Ellis, Zac Smith, Varcoe, Karny and Robbie Gray/Monfries (they are apparently playing SAFL this week for a half as a fitness test with view of round 1 to 3). we will know more after Saturday.

cheers

11. The Spaking says:

only one ruck will score

12. Dabman says:

Do you think Crouch will play? I'm sceptical he will get the nod so early. kerridge & mcintyre played blinders in SANFL all last year and are still also struggling for the nod?

• Marc says:

Crouch should play, has only been improving through the NAB cup. Reckon he’ll get 14-16 games for the year.

McIntyre is still on the rookie list I believe and probably once again only gets upgraded if Callinan goes down with an injury. Kerridge was fairly average in the NAB, Crouch easily outplayed him.

• Jess says:

Sanderson has said on a few occasions that he would have played him last season if allowed. He rates him highly – will play a lot.

• Hey Dabman, I'm very confident Crouch will play. As Jess said, Sando rates him really highly and a year in the SANFL has done wonders to his body. Ready.

• Dabman says:

Cheers for that, have him in my team, just wasnt sure if good form would result in the nod for the young gun!

13. JustSayin says:

"Youse" isn't a word sorry. How is this guns and rookies with 5 mid-priced players? Will score well early, unsure about it's upgrade ability.

14. Kano says:

Hey Teflon how much coin left?

15. BPP says:

Just a question, having 5 genuine elites, doesn't that minimise the chance of having a young premium take the next step to that elite level this year?

16. Marc says:

Nearly identical backs (I have Birchall instead of Goddard) and forward (I have Walker instead of Zorko) between my team and yours.

17. Jade says:

Struggling in the ruck department, could find yourself lacking scoring there

18. James says:

great side, love the mixture of premiums with rookies, that side will get solid points Teflon, keep the good work up pal!

19. Sean says:

Yeah hasn’t taken a punt any where really, stock standard team, won’t differ from the average sc player, pretty average

20. Gary c says:

Agree with a few of the comments above your rucks only have 1 certain scorer, pretty dodgy

21. Kano says:

Beau is right. All 5 premo has same bye.

22. Mick says:

Great side. Thoughts on Joshy Kennedy from West Coast? Cheap as chips and playing in a side that should make top 4. Booted 5 last week and looked the goods.

• Pedro says:

I'm looking at Kennedy too. Had him last year but ditched him just before he got injured. I've got LeCras at the moment but am seriously considering trading for Kennedy. Would give me an extra 70k to spend.

• Thanks Micky! Don't worry man, Kennedy was only just nudged out of my side. I've opted for Lecras instead on the basis that generally speaking key forwards struggle to churn out consistent fantasy scores, and he seems to struggle with injuries too.

• Kev says:

I've gone the other way with the view that JJK has more coin to make than LeCras. JJK could quite easily become a 450k forward if he can stay on the park up until the bye

23. Steve says:

Honestly, team looks pretty weak on the whole. No DPP option in the midfield, rucks very weak and only 45,000k left in the bank means some work down the line with trades to sort a ruck line that will inevitably let you down.
    Within weeks you'll be having to swing Cox in the ruck to stabilise and you'll be looking to trade out Rowe in a hurry and bring another cheap forward.
    Byrnes and Varcoe? Both a risk but add both those risks together and it looks like a recipe for failure!

24. Pedro says:

Going into my 2nd SC season, want to avoid 2nd season blues….

DEF: Goddard B, Gibbs B, Duffield P, Atley S, Vlastuin N, Stevenson L, Goodes B, Terlich D

MID: Ablett G, Pendlebury S, Watson J, Dangerfield P, Bennel H, Wines O, Crouch B, O'Meara J, Mitchell K, Viney J

RUCK: Smith Z, Leuenberger M, Rowe S, Currie D

FOR: Franklin L, Zorko D, Rockliff T, LeCras M, Varcoe T, Macaffer B, Morton M, Daniher J

Am still tossing up between Bennel and Shuey in MID, Smith and Jacobs in RUCK, and not sure about Atley (maybe Duigan) and Morton. ANY HELPFUL HINTS OR TIPS?

• Steve says:

Too cheap on your ruck line IMO. Leuenberger still injury ??'s. Atley over Duigan and Morton I think you have that right but consider Murdoch from Geelong at 74k cheaper and I think will end up with a higher average than any of those you mentioned.
      Question as to why Morton in forward line at 208k? Better options IMO than him (Kerridge @115K + DPP).
      Swap Morton for Kerridge and Atley for Murdoch and then trade Leuenberger for Mumford or Bellchambers and you'll be looking more solid.

• Pedro says:

Cheers mate. Morton was a 'tired' selection' after too many back-and-forths. Was a bit sceptical of my rucks. Was contemplating Cox for Franklin so I could swap him for Rowe if needed, but was also trying to squeeze in Jacobs somehow. Also looking for some PODs, don't really have any unique players IMO.

• Pedro says:

Plus the lack off DPPs in MID is getting to me. I have 3 in the FOR but no one to swap with so they're pointless. Might need to give it a rest for the day and come back with some fresh ideas.

• Steve says:

Possibly remove Watson or Bennell and move Zorko or Rockliff to the middle to add a DPP in the middle and then put in another premium into the forward line?

• Eagle says:

THey are not pointless Pedro. They can still be moved to different lines when trading.

• Steve says:

Might be an option with Cox. I've currently left out Franklin, I still think he'll drop a bit before he rises. Will consider him later in the season after (hopefully) he drops and some rookies make some more cash.
          IMO, people talking Jacobs as a "POD" is not making sense as I think after NAB his name has been hashed to death. He'll do OK but he'll be in plenty of sides.

• JJFYZZ says:

Thoughts on Ryder?

• Steve says:

He's given me some big scores in past years mate but he's burnt me too. Holding off until seeing how Hird really utilises him this year.

• JJFYZZ says:

Thanks Steve,

Yer he's burnt me too but I like the way he's travelling this year and Hirdy seems to be a believer.

I've got the coin so I can pretty much put anyone I like in R1.

Never got on Maric last year but may this year. I've got Roughy in there ATM but that may change.

• I know I'm copping a lot for my rucks, but ditch Z Smith man. Probably can Leuenberger too after recent injury news. Daniher will most likely start of in the reserves. Go with Bennell over Shuey. I'm much more keen on Jacobs than Atley. Nice little smokey in Mitch Morton though…good luck!

• Steve says:

Vince, any reason you know of that might stop big Z Smith shaking second year blues? I haven't penciled him personally but looked OK in NAB for price…curious as to your opinion?
        I agree with Bennell over Shuey, Bennell ready to push 110 IMO.
        Have to disagree on Morton though, doubt much he'll even get a run soon with a few of those types ready to return for the Swans. Had more of a chance with no Rohan but he's their preferred in that kind of role. I see Morton squeezed out sooner rather than later.

• Steve says:

Also agree Vince that Daniher won't play first up in the 1's. He'll be watched for a downgrade later.

• Kev says:

Mitch Morton? Really? The same Mitch Morton who not only is a total crab, but played 4 games last year, subbed vested in 3 of them and only played the other one because he was a late inclusion?

I'd rather take a Kerridge at 115k, even he doesn't play you're gonna save 90k over picking Morton

25. gareth says:

what you think of my team?

Def:
    Goddard,Gibbs,Duffield,Vlastuin,Goodes,Stevenson,Tealich,Docherty
    Mid:
    Ablett,Swan,Kennedy,Dangfield,Fyfe,Mitchell,O'meara,Crouch,Viney,Kerrfdge
    Ruck:
    Jacobs,Currie,Rowe,Daw
    Fwd:
    Franklin,Cox,Zorko,Rockcliff,Stevie J,Mccaffer,Neade,Lee

cheers

• I like that a lot gareth! If I was you stay away from Lee though. Pretty hard to argue with other than that though however I fancy Heppell over the Duffman

26. Hey there man! If you have a look at the top of the article you'll see that I mentioned in bold letters that a "few midpriced players found their way into Teflon's Pimps." As for the "youse", I apologise – years and years of hanging out with some interesting characters has me hooked on the word. All the best.

27. SCaddict says:

That's an imposing midfield you have assembled there Vince that has me envious!

I hope I don't have to come up against too many teams like yours in the early rounds because I could foresee losses coming my way with all the midfield rookies I have against all those superb elites you have.

Really like your selection of LeCras. I've been banging on about him probably a bit too much myself but nice to see you are a believer too.

Jacobs is certainly a unique selection in your backline and not much discussed here. Did you tussle much with other options like Russell or Ellis for similar coin or were you sweet on Jacobs from the get go?

• Thanks man, yep it's all guns blazing for me in the middle. Great to see you've got faith in Lecras like me. Look I'd be lying if I said Jacobs was one of the first picked players in my side, I had in my side when he was a Port player so always watched him closely. Genuine potential who gets the nod over Atley for me. Ellis I briefly toyed with but can't rule out second year blues for him – may well be a good pick up though. Russell's always been a no from me, not enbough job security for my liking. Best of luck to ya!!

28. Smithy says:

Lower or Stevens and 200k

29. BubbaNo1 says:

GODDARD GIBBS HEPPELL RUSSELL VLASTUIN GOODES (STEVENSON TERLICH)

ABLETT SWAN PENDLEBURY WATSON DANGERFIELD MOLONEY MITCHELL K O'MEARA (CROUCH VINEY)

LOBBE LONGER (CURRIE ROWE)

COX ZORKO ROCKLIFF ROBINSON MACAFFER NEADE(KERSTEN LEE)

ANY THOUGHTS GUYS???? I KNOW THE RUCK IS WEAK…..BUT YOU HAVE TO BE WEAK SOMEWHERE WITH ONLY 10MILLION TO PLAY WITH…..BOTH THO ARE THE NO.1 RUCKS AT THEIR CLUBS AT THE MOMENT SO SHOULD AT LEAST GET A GAME AND 60-70 POINTS….AND WILL COP THE FIRST UPGRADE WHEN THE CASH STARTS TO ROLL IN.

30. Tony says:

Spots available in SC league 453772 Jocks Jokers if anyone interested

31. Frosty says:

Been tossing up Currie as R2, and 5 premium mids. think you've convinced me to take the punt.

32. Dom says:

This is my team:

DEFENDERS: B.Goddard, B.Gibbs, P.Duffield, D.Heppell, B.Goodes, N.Vlastuin (S.Docherty/S.Colquhoun(E))

MIDFIELD: G.Ablett (C), S.Pendlebury(VC), P.Dangerfield, S.Sidebottom, N.Fyfe, O.Wines, K.Mitchell, B.Crouch (J.Viney/J.O'Meara(E))

RUCK: S.Jacobs , D.Currie. (S.Rowe(E)/J.Witts)

FORWARD: L.Franklin, M.Pavlich, T.Rockliff, M.Robinson, A.Cornelius, B.Macaffer. (S.Dwyer/J.Neade(E))

$56,300 left… Need to fix up, it doesn't look fantastic to me

• Togg says:

should look at maybe having cox or roughead over buddy (for now) to get the fwd/ruck swing. you're at least banking 18k. i just feel that perhaps your fwd line is a tad too strong price wise. some of them could be downgraded. id turn pavlich into matty wright or even take a punt on dusty, and that means sidebottom can become a prem. currie starting is a very tempting risk and i think if he gets at least 70 people will be very happy!

33. kodesz says:

Settled on this team for now. Unlikely to change much before round 1.

DEF: Goddard, Gibbs, Heppell, Duffield, Vlaustin, Goodes (Stevenson, Terlich)

MID: Ablett, Pendlebury, Dangerfield, Deledio, Shuey, Stevens, Mitchell, O'meara (Viney, Crouch)

RUC: Jacobs, Currie (Witts, Rowe)

FWD: Cox, Rockliff, Johnson, Lecras, Karnezis, Dennis-Lane (Macaffer, Neade)

only $15k in the bank. Probably would like more but im pretty happy with my team and not to worried about that yet.
    Thoughts and advice would be appreciated! cheers!

34. Batch says:

Hey Coaches,
    I need some feed back on my team! I like many others have been procrastinating, alot! My line up has changed so many times. Just want to know if I am in the ballpark on premo/rookie ratio or mids or what ever. Not sure about buddy should I spend less and bulk the mid or an extras premo def…???
    DEF
    Goddard, Gibbs, Duff, Atley, Vlaustin, Goodes(Stevenson & Terlich)
    MID
    Ablett, Cotchin, Shuey, Rockliff, Heppell, Wines, Mitchell, O'meara(Crouch, Viney)
    RUCKS
    Ryder, Currie(Lewie, Rowe)
    FWD
    Buddy, Cox, Bartel, Dusty, Kennedy, Macaffer(Stringer, Kerridge)

Also thoughts on Jonathon Patton would be good!!!
    Cheers

• Dom says:

Patton has potential but is stick with what you've got for the moment.
      Not sure about cox, getting too old for me and atley didn't show enough for me, would go for B.Jacobs instead. Otherwise, looking good

35. Eagle says:

Youse have one to many premiums in the mid.
    You will forfeit more points by having those week rucks and forwards than you gain having the extra premium. IMOOC

36. Phil says:

Thoughts on B Longer anyone? With Luey injured he will have the ruck all to himself, could be a decent prospect..

• SCaddict says:

The whole situation around Leuey, Longer and Martin is a little cloudy right now so it's hard to know who will be playing in the first half of the season. Will be watching Longer and Martin very closely tonight to see how they go on a big stage.

37. jacko says:

Wow, your rucks are such a risk, could be left with only 1 playing, cant place such a large reliance on players who are not seasoned sc campaigners, lift vice

38. Phil says:

Here's my team, please rate it.

Backs: Gibbs, Reilly, Hanley, Goodes,Stevenson Terlich (Docherty, Colquhuon)

Mids: Ablett, Watson, JPK, Deledio, Swallow, Wines, Mitchell, Omeara, (Viney, Crouch)

Rucks: Jacobs, Currie, (Rowe, Daw)

Forwards, Cox, Zorko, Rockliff, Johnson, Martin, Harper, (Macaffer, Lee)

• Dom says:

Not bad. I don't know why everybody has locked in Cox! I think that he is getting a bit old and much surely drop in value a bit!
      I think you should free up some money, drop one of your backline rookies and get a premium or mid-priced player instead

39. matt f says:

No supercoach game breakers, no real risks, pretty boring team, didnt offer much, not going to win it with that!

40. Dom says:

This is my team:

RUCK: S.Jacobs , D.Currie. (S.Rowe(E)/J.Witts)

$56,300 left… Need to fix up, it doesn't look fantastic to me

41. PortJared04 says:

Page dedicated to sharing info and research for Supercoach 2013! Will post info, injuries and any knowledge for the year of Supercoach ahead!
    Please like and feel free to message or post for any suggestions or queries.

42. Tim says:

Hey community which combo is better I can’t choose myself

1. Moloney, Wines & Karnezis with $50,000 in the bank

2. Bennell, Crouch & Macaffer with $93,000 in the bank

Please help I just can’t decide

43. Pete says:

Great team Vince – interested in thoughts on:

– Roughead vs Ryder vs Jacobs as R1…will Franklin steal too much of Roughies' thunder? Will Ryder and Jacobs improve much from last year?
    – Heppell vs Duffield at R3…is Duffield worth the extra coin but loss of DPP?
    – Ben Jacobs vs Ellis at D4 – Ellis seems to have improved based on NAB stats (especially his efficiency)
    – Moloney in the midfield, or too awkwardly priced?
    – Karnezis vs LeCras at F4? Karnezis starts out $100K cheaper…
    – Judd / Dal Santo / Montagna in midfield at mid-$500K…previous Elite Mids that could return to $600+? Montagna has been good in NAB…

• kodesz says:

Jacobs over roughead and ryder. Jacobs set for a big year i believe.

I have both duffield and heppell so i think they'lll both provide consistent output.

Ben jacobs over ellis. Ellis may suffer from second year blues!

I like moloney, but wont be going with any midpricers around his price.

Karnezis will make more money but lecras may provide premium output. I currently have both.

I like montagna out of the last three mate.

• Petey! Appreciate that, ok here goes:

-Although I've gone with Roughie, expect big things from Sauce Jacobs this year. I'm sticking by Rough (more versatile player and DPP) but Jacobs will give him a run for his money I tell ya.

-Think Duffield's a bit overrated man. Only my opinion but stick with Heppell.

-Ellis is a good young kid. Talent. Only chose Jacobs over him due to my fear of second year blues!!

-Moloney very interesting. I would've chosen him but I stuck by the guns and rookies approach in the middle. As you said, awkwardely priced plus I'm already sold on Rocky and Zorko. Moloney will go OK with you choose him though.

-Up to you that one, man. I'm sticking by the Frenchman and I'm happy to pay extra $$ for him but there's been overwhelming support for Karnezis recently. I'm just not sure he's that good though.

-That'd be risky going with those 3, dude. May prove to be a good POD but it's important to not get too carried away with NAB form

All the best!

44. Ben says:

Hey would appreciate anyone to rate it
    Who should i trade i have 40K left over

DEF; Goddard, Gibbs, Birchall, Heppell, Vlastuin, Goodes (Stevenson, Terlich)

MID: Pendulbury, Cotchin, Watson, Kennedy, Moloney, Wines, Crouch, Omeara
    (Viney, Mitchell)

RUCK: Jacobs, Leunberger (Currie, Rowe)

FORW: Franklin, Rockliff, Cox, Broughton, Varcoe, Macaffer (Dwyer, Neade)

By the way nice team Vince could you please look at mine

• kodesz says:

Not convinced on broughton this year mate. Maybe try someone like watts or lecras instead? No Ablett!! must have him! Leuenberger is most likely out for the first couple. Otherwise like it mate

• Ben says:

im waiting for ablett to drop
        agree with you though for broughton
        are you sure about leuenberger

• Hi Benny, like the look of your team mate. Leunberger I was keen on but now not so sure. Hearing that he may miss round 1 and we know he has a poor track record with injuries. Problem with SC this year is that there is no decent mid priced ruckmen available! Broughton a no from me, the hype around him got out of control – see my previous article as to why I won't be getting him. Like your mids and backs a lot – will be interesting to see how Moloney goes; could be a steal for you. Rest of it looks good to me man.

Good luck to ya!

• Ben says:

thanks for your comments this is my new team
        Who should i trade i have 100K left over

DEF; Goddard, Gibbs, Birchall, Heppell, Vlaustin, Goodes (Stevenson, Terlich)

MID: Ablett, Pendulbury, Cotchin, Kennedy, Moloney, Wines, Crouch, Omeara
        (Viney, Mitchell)

RUCK: Jacobs, Currie (Witts, Rowe)

FORW: Roughead, Rockliff, Cox, Zorko, Varcoe, Macaffer (Dwyer, Neade)

45. Vdargiivic says:

fyfe or bennell?

46. BubbaNo1 says:

loose Broughton Varcoe Luenberge Birchallr…..get longer Russell Zorko Kennedy

47. matt says:

Not really an exciting team, just seem to following the trend vince

48. Ben says:

Hey would appreciate anyone to rate it
    Who should i trade i have 100K left over

DEF; Goddard, Gibbs, Birchall, Heppell, Vlaustin, Goodes (Stevenson, Terlich)

MID: Ablett, Pendulbury, Cotchin, Kennedy, Moloney, Wines, Crouch, Omeara
    (Viney, Mitchell)

RUCK: Jacobs, Currie (Witts, Rowe)

FORW: Roughead, Rockliff, Cox, Zorko, Varcoe, Macaffer (Dwyer, Neade)

49. Dom says:

This is my team:

DEFENDERS: B.Goddard, P.Duffield, H.Hartlett, D.Heppell, B.Goodes, N.Vlastuin (S.Docherty/S.Colquhoun(E))

RUCK: S.Jacobs , B.Longer (S.Rowe/D.Currie(E))

FORWARD: L.Franklin, T.Rockliff, D.Thomas, J.Watts, A.Cornelius, B.Macaffer. (S.Dwyer/J.Neade(E))

50. Jeff says:

Ok, those who know their supercoach shit… first time player, long time watcher here.. could you rate my team??

Backs:
    Goddard – Gibbs – Hartlet – Heppel – Newman – Vlastin – (B Goodes, W Hams)

Mids:
    Abblet – Dangerfield – Cotchin – Barlow – Hannebery – Magner – Wines – Crouch – (O Meara, Viney)

Rucks:
    Maric – S Rowe – (Witts, Currie)

Forwards:
    Zorko – J Riewoldt – Martin – Kennedy – Patton – Macaffer – (Neade, Lee)

Cheers in advance for any help..

• Togg says:

currie probably a better option to START for ruck than rowe. assuming you keep with the set and forget R1 and rookie approach. Someone has to go up back. very expensive defense when you have the likes of the port defenders. terlich, docherty, better options than hams.
      i have hannebery in mine and imo will have a great year, worth the punt! if you trade out maybe hartlett to benny jacobs or even atley then theres 100k and you really should be using that to upgrade magner.
      he did his job for us last year but awkward price and heaps better options around that price (moloney) and surely you must have swan or pendles, beams if you're a risk man but one or the other with collingwood mid.
      patton im thinking should be shannon byrnes or varcoe.

51. Jimmy says:

Would it be worth havin 3 Gold Coast Players in your midfield Ablett, bennell and o'meara

• Jimmy says:

Also is Leuenberger injured?

• Togg says:

if you think all 3 will be there come bye time then no. i imagine once jaeger has his first price drop he'd be gone. which should be well before the byes

• SCaddict says:

I don't subscribe to the view that you can have too many players from one team so long as you are picking the players you truly believe represent the best value and not choosing from the heart.

With the new bye scoring rules the top 18 player scores are taken irrespective of position so it matters even less than it used to.

Also consider that by time you reach Rd 11 most coaches will have burnt between 12 to 20 trades so your team composition will probably look markedly different to what it was to Rd 1. However you try to balance things there is likely to be a fair bit of luck in the byes you can't eliminate mainly dependent on your opponent's team composition at the time.

Also as most of us are involved in multiple leagues you can't really plan for one particular opponent anyway.

So I just think you are placing an unnecessary restriction on yourself by limiting yourself to X number of players from team Y and perhaps over thinking things a little.

I currently have 5 Lions players (including 3 in my FWD line) and maybe 6 when it's all said and done and can assure you I won't be losing one wink of sleep over it!

52. Tom says:

Did you take H.Shaw into consideration over Heppell? Shaw is a good price and in my opinion should easily score more than heppell.

• Togg says:

pretty obvious statement there tom. but with heppell being 90k less and a dpp. on top of being more midfield based (apparently). then id bank the 90 and live with it. besides, heath shaw has some personal issue every year where he'll miss 4-5

53. johnny says:

what you think of heppell in the mid instead of defence ?

54. dannyboy says:

Hey Vince you to dont have any midfield swing players. Are you going to worry about it at all through the season or do you just think its not that important?

• Hey Danny man, I'm not too concerned by not having any midfield swing players. What I am concerned with is that my 5 mid premiums have the bye in the same round. I might be looking to straight swap a few of my mid premiums before then. Liking Bennell

55. Tom says:

Is having Goddard, Gibbs, Duffield AND Heppell in DEF too heavy?

• SCaddict says:

Not at all. In fact most coaches will be going in with 4 premium backs, many with exactly those 4 guys you named such as Mr Crimmins.

I'm currently going Goddard, Gibbs, Hartlett and Heppell myself although still considering Hanley, Duffield, Birchall and Taylor for my D3.

• Phil says:

No I'm doing very similar it will avoid sideways trades as I think that group of defenders along with maybe Birchall will be in the top ranked defenders and then when it comes upgrade time we can concern ourselves with the mids and the suprise breakouts.

56. Jacob says:

Have to pick 2 out of these defenders, who's the better two options?

Duffield
    Birchall
    Heppell
    Hanley
    Hartlett
    Shaw
    ??????/

• Lochie says:

Maybe Birchall, because he is a little bit of a POD. Don't think so about Hartlett because with Port Supercoach Gold this year in the rookie department you don't have to load up on their prems. Without knowing the rest of your team I would go with Birchall and Duff man, in my opinion.
      Hope it helped!

57. Tom says:

I have $479k in the bank for my FWD 3 position, who is the best option for this??

58. Ben says:

Kane Lucas in the middle a good option?? Would be my M6

59. Togg says:

Alright peeps. my team (for now)

Def: Goddard, Gibbs, Heppell, Armstrong, Vlastuin, Goodes (Terlich, Stevensen)

Mid: GAJ, Pendles, Deledio, Shuey, Zorko, Hannebery, Lucas, Stevens (Crouch, O'meara)

Ruck: Cox, Longer (Currie, Rowe)

Fwd: Roughie, Wright, Dusty, Kennedy, Karnezis, macaffer (Kerridge, neade)

thoughts appreciated :)

• McFog says:

Terrible, you'll average about 1,800 a week

• Lochie says:

Way too many mid prices mate. Try and look for some rookies in the forward line (which I know is hard) and then upgrade some mid prices to prems. Don't get Kennedy, while he may have an injury free season he wouldn't be prem material.
      He would just get you 70-80 maybe 90 points a week which you don't want.Don't know about Hannebery either, a POD maybe but won't improve that much throughout this year. And definetely get rid of Armstrong!

Any way, just my thoughts…

• Togg says:

armstrong was averaging 90 odd dt points in nab. purely form based. and yes i can agree with you with kennedy but my only option to upgrade him is to downgrade lucas and stevens to mitchell etc. who do you suggest bringing in/getting rid of etc. and what rookies? macaffers starting, kerridge and neade seem more likely than most.

• Lochie says:

I would personally go Lucas—>Wines or K.Mitchell
          Then that would free up money to get Varcoe in your forward line. If you also downgraded Armstrong to Docherty or someone of the like then that would free up more money to possibly get another prem in your fwd line and then another rookie. Keep the rookies you already have in your fwd line, they are probably this years best ones. And also get rid of Hannebery. There are too many good midfield rookies to pass on to get mid pricers in the middle. This would free more money up. Just some thoughts. Have a play with it and see what you get.

60. Wazz says:

Alrighty Guys, any suggestions will be strongly considered.

Team

DEF: Goddard, Gibbs, Duff Man, Hanley, Vlastuin, Goodes, (Stevenson, Terlich)

MID: GAJ, Pendles, Danger, Gaff, Mundy, Stevens, Crouch, O'Mera, (Mitchell, Viney)

RUC: Roughead, Zac Smith (Currie, Moller)

FWD: Buddy, Zorko, Rockcliff, LeCras, Karnezis, Macaffer, (Neade, Rowe)

Hanley or Heppell?

Roughie or Sammy Jacobs?

Cheers Guys

• Lochie says:

Good team Wazz, I'd get Jacobs. Just feeling that with Buddy in your forward line the 2 players( Roughie and Buddy) contradict themselves ( 1 will have a blinder while the other won't).

I would choose Hanley but that was only because I saw him play last night, so it would just be opinion based

61. Captain Moonlight says:

Although everyone out here is trying to make the best possible team I believe the way to go is cash in the bank. Look at players who can increase in value , apart from the premiums like GAJ etc but have 300, to $500,00 in the bank to take advantage of the up and comers. It's a long season & cash is king.

• Tom says:

Stupid theory mate, can't have a good team with 500k in the bank R1

• dannyboy says:

Agreed tom cash in the bank is going to waste. cash is made from picking players on the rise(rookies). when they generate cash you spend it right away on the players that will score you the most points, which is what its all about.

62. Jarod says:

Hey Jock Daniel Rich as M5 option. Dream Team price $439 000. Same as Bennel. Anyone get back to me even Jock please.

63. Mike says:

boys, got cox in ruck but trying to decide between roughie or ryder in the fwd line as a dpp… Any thoughts?

64. Captain Moonlight says:

Sorry Tommy thats how the big boys do it, you have to look a bit harder but the rewards are worth it, turning mid pricers into premiums

• kochi says:

I agree with tom. How in the world can you have a good team with 500k in the bank? Absolutely stupid theory. If this theory is so good then what ranking did you come last year?

65. clarko says:

Pretty average, no real shocks, give us something vince…boring

66. matty kent says:

poor ruck department, dont like it at all

67. Jarod says:

Hey Guys I am thinking about having Moloney and Lucas in my side thoughts?

68. kochi says:

My new team

I play dream team not supercoach

Back: goddard gibbs heppell dufffield vlastuin goodes Bench: terlich stevenson

Mid: ablett swan cotchin kennedy fyfe wines omeara viney Bench: mitchell crouch

Ruck: jacobs currie Bench: luenberger (only on the bench because he is injured) rowe

Fwd: franklin cox rockliff lecras karnezis macaffer Bench: kerridge dwyer

Leftover salary $5,100

Is it worth trading duffield for pittard and luenberger for daw and then kerridge to martin? (This will put macaffer on the bench because I am not sure if he will get enough points.)
    Or duffield to pittard and wines to moloney plus another upgrade?
    (Please tell me what upgrade it would be)

69. Jake says:

I've played with my team so much I can't remember who I've left out! I've traded up to include Ablett, but I fear he is really a cash burden given my pool so far. Here goes!

DEF: Goddard, Gibbs, Birchall, Atley, Vlastuin, Goodes, Stevenson, Terlich

MID: G.A, Kennedy, Dangermouse, Murphy, Shuey, Rockliff, Mitchell, O'Meara, Stevens, Crouch,

RUC: Roughy, Currie, Rowe, Witts

FWD: Buddy, Zorko, LeCras, Karnezis, Byrnes, Macaffer, Dwyer, Neade.

Thoughts on that Vince?

70. Jarod says:

Hey guys Cotchin or Deledio?

Please answer back.