Gday there folks – ripping evening of footy last night and some significant Supercoach and AFL Fantasy form indicators to discuss;
- Majak Daw (NM, ruck, $115,900 SC) will be an excitement machine of the future if he can keep his loose cannon tendancies in check. Needs to be considered for your 3rd of 4th ruck positions. Collected 9 possessions and a goal from his 2 hit outs but more impressive was the fact that he has MATCHWINNER and BUMS ON SEATS written all over him for North Melbourne. Have a squizz at last nights video below, then another from 2011.. he does this whenever he bloody wants. There is a question mark over his attitude but we’ll see how this pans out
- Daniel Currie (ruck, $109,500) was not to be outdone in the ruck at North and he looked a reasonable 3rd or 4th ruck prospect as well. He had just 65% game time in their second game of the evening but collected 14 hit outs and some nice touches. Pumped the ball inside 50 a few times. Where Majak will be flashy Daniel will be reliable. How does North handle this? Todd Goldstein (who was rubbish last night) must have the #1 ruck position locked in. Daniel is a quality ruckman. But Majak needs to ply his trade at the highest level.
- Shaun Atley (NM, def, $380,400) has featured prominently in the mid priced cheat sheet and in Mr Crimmins’ write ups this season. As expected he ran through the midfield and is developing into a quality footballer. Collected 9 kicks and 1 handball against the Demons in game 1. Faded slightly against Richmond but solidifies his claims for a position in all of our back lines.
- Jack Watts (MELB, def/fwd, $460,100 SC) looked magnificent drifting around half back. Reading the ball sensationally, looks ready to justify his #1 draft selection. My utmost respects re: his choice of facial hair. The beard needs to stay. In my team at the moment. Topped the scoring for Melbourne against Richmond with 43 AFL Fantasy points. Age wise fits the profile of a player about to reach his peak.
- Jimmy Toumpas (MELB, mid, $184,500 SC) was signed for four years by Melbourne during the week which is strange for a new draftee. After watching him move around the park I would have signed him for 10. 8 possessions, 3 of them contested and a sausage roll against Richmond last night and collected 41 AFL Fantasy points (2nd for Melbourne behind Watts)
- Brandon Ellis (RICH, def, $300,100 SC) impressed me all night and looks to have developed in the off season. Many would baulk at a second year player but I see potential for a step up in output from Brandon this season. On my watch list after last night
- Chris Newman (RICH, def, $412,000 SC) looks in bloody goon nick. The Crouching One has been banging on about him all pre season. Does not have the captaincy looming over him this season and looked bloody dangerous pumping the ball forward last night. An option down back despite his advanced years.
- Nick Vlastuin (RICH, mid, $159,500 SC) collected an equal richmond game high 9 possessions in richmond’s second hit out looks a player of the future. Unlikely to select him in my team with that inflated price tag and the other cheaper offerings but well worth a thought.
Plenty more we can bang on about here… over to my beloved community, what caught your eye last night?