NEWS: Brent Staker and Hamish McIntosh

Filed in AFL Supercoach poll, Supercoach by on February 12, 2013 • views: 834

AFL Supercoach 2013 tips guru Jock Reynolds

EARLY FANTASY INJURY BLOW

Just when you thought you had your team looking set folks…

News is in that Brent Staker has gone under the knife for a knee and will miss the next six weeks. Brent is one of the most heavily locked in players of pre season 2013. I can tell you right now that there will be fantasy coaches from all corners bailed up on their computers this evening looking for a suitable AFL Supercoach and/or AFL Fantasy replacement.

The other news is that big Cat Hamish McIntosh has also bunged his knee and his pre season is up the creek. The BIG Fantasy story here is the fact that young Nathan Vardy must now look a much more likely prospect as a mid priced ruckman being the next ruckman in line at sleepy hollow.

Old Jock is here for you folks. The Jock Reynolds Fantasy Footy Community is here to help you through these times of turmoil in all of our lives. If you’re looking for a replacement for Staker and/or Big Hame have a gander at the latest mid priced cheat sheet which was released last weekend…

Over to my beloved community with a poll:

How will you replace Brent Staker?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Tags: ,

1. Brick says:

I like to think outside the box mate and I'm going for Sierakowski from nth. No dpp though so I'm now giving creedence to a broughton/watts swing set. What's that? Watts you say? Yes I do. Last 4 seasons average 26,53,75,85 – he's building a hill old boy.

2. @MRB37 says:

Had some $ left, so I quickly swapped him out for Shannon Brynes. Still might trade him back in as a bench player to replace a rookie though.

3. Brick says:

Have to see what the dees line up is first and how the play. Byrnes might only be a bit part player, even if he's on the field!

4. James says:

Hi Jock,

I have Staker in my backline so who is someone I can replace him with? I also have $29,000 cash left over.

Thanks

5. Shimma says:

There goes my DEF/FWD swing set… interested in Vardy now though

6. Ally says:

I need a dpp to replace staker .. Any ideas

7. @pjm866 says:

was looking at tom williams from western bulldogs….
    any thoughts anyone

8. Les says:

You would be silly to keep him because, 6 weeks whats that round 1 or 2, with the new amount of trades if he performs in his first 3 rounds you could always snatch hum up for someone else who has struggled. Biggest killer for me is Big Mac. Lucky i had big cox in the fwd line though.

9. jimbotraralgon says:

What a kick in the staker. Any chance round one?

Introducing vlads to my backline.

So is Berger to r1 and vardy to r2 viable?

Cheers

10. Nick says:

Replacing him with Tim Sumner. Remember hearing that he was set for rd 1 this year as GC were very impressed with him.

11. jimbotraralgon says:

can anyone put up a case in keeping Staker (could be back round 2?)

can't see it myself but as everyone is jumping off, could it be one of those brave moves to hold tight?

Or to stupid to consider?

(just trying to put up an alternative view)

cheers

12. rexinator says:

what are peoples thoughts on s gilbert from the saints to replace staker.

with goddard out he prob will be rotated through the midfield from the backline and get more possessions…

please tell me your thoughts..

• jockreynolds says:

Gday there rexinator.. I like how you're thinking mate.. where there's a vacuum there must be a player that comes in to fill it up. Bloody like your thinking and very unique suggestion. If you are looking at a left field St Kilda option I'd prefer you have a sneaky gander at Jarryn Geary, not real sold on Gilbert ya know?

13. rexinator says:

hi jock old mate hope all is well..

geary hey, I have not looked at him yet, I will watch his movement through the nab cup.. I cant wait for the nab cup, very excited indeed.

14. RobCorrigan75 says:

Need a fwd replacement for staker – already have Varcoe, Byrnes, macaffer, & lee. There seems to be a real shortage of decent cheap fwds, hopefully someone pops up in the Nab cup.

15. BMO says:

Hey Jock, I'm paranoid u guys didn't receive my rego for the Premier League. Can ya help a brother out, inbox is empty.

16. Lukey says:

Looks like Bock is out as well for first couple rounds as well.

17. Dools says:

Staker was in def line of the KrakeKats I will more then likely change him out to WBD Goodes or worst case senario hold him

18. jimbotraralgon says:

bock, staker and gray…..all look like they wont make the round 1 start line.

This, my friends, is why Jock has been warning us so often about the player returning from LTI.

Who's next? Ball, LeCras, Embley, varcoe, mccaffer, kennedy?

almost a certainty that one of these boys will have a further setback.

cheers.

19. Jimmy says:

need some help looking for a more expensive for middle – thinking of wines, koby stevens, vlaustin, taylor garner and even troy menzel. Would love suggestions thanks.

20. Danger88 says:

Someone help a brother out! Who’s some good forward rookie options that are round 1 certain???

21. Darren says:

Missing the next 6 weeks? That means 1/2 weeks H/A.Has to be kept surely.

22. Buddy love says:

Stop wasting your time with rejects, they rarely deliver. Would you eat a fish that John west rejected? The only way to win this is to go premiums and 100k rookies I.e. Horsley, McDonald, D.Swallow, Bugg, J.Cameron, A.Kennedy. D.Shiel, D.Smith.

23. Jeremy says:

Do you think Andy Otten is much chance of getting picked for the Crows? He might be a decent mid-priced defender option.

24. Brick says:

It's between him and Jenkins though,so it's wait see material (yet again…..)

25. Wonderful blog! I found it while browsing on Yahoo News.
    Do you have any tips on how to get listed in Yahoo News?
    I’ve been trying for a while but I never seem to get there!
    Many thanks