2013 Supercoach Mid Priced Cheat Sheet v2

Filed in midpriced cheat sheet, Supercoach, Supercoach Cheat Sheets, Supercoach midprice by on February 10, 2013 • views: 1309

Supercoach mid priced cheat sheet

NOW SUPERCEDED BY VERSION 3

The NAB Cup kicks off this Friday with Collingwood, Essendon and the Dogs. YOU LITTLE RIPPER!

I for one will be there armed with by best set of binoculars, notepad and pen. The NAB is all about keeping a keen eye on those players that you have identified so far in the pre season as well as keeping an eye out for any fresh meat that might give you the edge in Supercoach and AFL Fantasy.

Also – read Jock Reynolds Community leader Vince Gambino’s mid priced player write up from Thursday? Well worth a very serious read.

Thought it fitting that I provide my beloved community with version 2 of the 2013 mid priced cheat sheet. And for Christ’s sake… do not miss the podcast every Sunday night. The Jock Reynolds Fantasy Footy Community Podcast has taken scores of fantasy strugglers into the upper echelonia of the AFL Fantasy Footy elite.

Click here for your 2013 AFL Fantasy mid priced player cheat sheet v2

More resources to help you get your team together:

Tags: , , , , ,

1. zane says:

deffenetly got the binoculars out and ready for when atley runs around,, cant wait for the pod cast tonight,,, one big question, how confident are we with goddard now all this essendon hoopla we all know how well he plays when a club is in turmile. Good calling guys

• Greg says:

Interesting point zane. Let's not get ahead of ourselves on the outcome of the investigation, but as you say JB has not handled pressure situations well in the past. I can't imagine it's a pleasant working environment at windy hill at the moment. How will that effect him.?
      Next question.. If my gut feel eventuates and history repeats…. Shaw or Waters?

2. Clayton says:

Jock, I love you mate, but this man-love you have with Broughton has to STOP. The man will burn you, and it wont be pretty…

• jockreynolds says:

Gday there mate – yes – he burnt the bejesus out of us – but the mail from The Coast is very positive mate. I'll give the kid another run this season

• Marc says:

I’m giving Broughton another go this year. Still got plenty of potential and his struggles last year seemed more caused by the positions he was played, rather than something on his part.

• Benno says:

New team, New coach, No Ross. Im going to give him another go this year. Will watch in the NAB for any signs of him playing a similar role to last year. But if not he's a lock for mine.

• Kev says:

I named my black book after Broughton for a reason. I can't bring myself to have him in my team. Gone with atley as my mid priced option at the moment

• jimbotraralgon says:

Broughton will be a yes from me.

Cheeers

3. Marc says:

Taking a punt on Monfries over LeCras at this stage. Could be some nice scores if he gets some game time in the middle, and with Ports average midfield, I don’t see why he wouldn’t. General rule for mine is stay away from Port players as they have been one of worst SC scoring sides the past few seasons, but there will be exceptions and I think they’ll improve overall this year.

4. Benno says:

Another great cheat sheet jock. At this stage not really going with many mid priced players. Only Broughton and Leuenberger in mine (Fyfe aswell if you count him as a 'midpriced' mid). Going strong guns and rookies side mostly. But I am interested in a real bargain when it comes along, will keep an eye out in the NAB and if anyone really impresses, might just find a way to squeeze them into my side.

5. Dylan says:

Hi Jock just want to get your thoughts on Josh Caddy from Geelong? Would he be a good selection as a mid price midfielder this year? Thanks.

• jockreynolds says:

Gday there Dylan – fantastic question mate. I believe that he might just be 1 to 2 seasons away from being that break out candidate. Expect him to outscore his price tag, but not by all that much

6. jimbotraralgon says:

top write up fella.

I started with a 5-0-5, then to a 4-1-5 now find myself with a 3-3-4.

I dont know what I am doing ;-)

cheers

• Benno says:

I know what you mean jimbo, changed my midfield set up atleast 100 times so far. At the moment running with 5 ultra premiums, 1 who I think may become one (Fyfe), and 4 rookies. Will probably change another 100 times until the season, but I'm liking were it is now.

• jimbotraralgon says:

yep benno.

I'm sitting here looking at the side knowing full well that I will turn it back to a 4-1-5.

The problem is I can't decide if I want Moloney in there at M6 or not.

cheers

• Tim says:

What is your midfield Jimbo??

• jimbotraralgon says:

Got two school of thoughts. Can you guys advise?

4-1-5 = Gaz, Pendlebury, cotchin, Swan, Shuey, K Stevens, k mitchell, viney, crouch, O’Meara

3-3-4 = Gaz, Pendles, Cotchin, Shuey, Mundy, Moloney, K Mitchell, Viney, crouch, O’Meara

Really the difference is Swan and Stevens Vs Mundy and Moloney.

• jockreynolds says:

It is a bloody interesting time of the year Jimbo! I can tell you that even my team is changing shape on a day to day basis mate!

7. Jimmy says:

Should I trade atley. If so Jacobs, russell, bock just cant decide? Confsed now that this cheat sheet came out. Also confused with my midfield – Ablett, Pendles, Cotchin, Murphy Shuey or moloney, Koby stevens, omeara, crouch, viney, mayes

8. Brick says:

Brock McClean anyone?

• jockreynolds says:

Interesting mate…. discuss him in tonight's podcast: http://www.jockreynolds.com.au/2013/02/10/jock-re… Not the worst selection going around this season in my opinion

• Hey Jock, i'm curious to know if my team is of a stable structure. My strategy being 2-2-2, 4-1-3, 1-1 & 2-2-2. Plus rookies filling up my bench in all zones. This is my third year of playing Supercoach, and all signs point to a breakout year haha.

DEF:
        BJ, Gibbs, D.Pearce, G.Broughton (Your influence), J.Russell, Vlastuin.
        SUBS; Terlich, Colquhoun.

MIDS:
        Gablett, Spendles, Cotch, Murph, Moloney, B.Crouch, Jaeger Bomb, Viney.
        SUBS; Kerridge, Ollie Wines.

RUCKS:
        Goldy, Luenburger.
        SUBS; Majji Daw, D. Curren. (Too many kangas i realise)

FWDS:
        Pavlich, Rockliff, Robinson, Martin, Varcoe, Sammy mayes.
        SUBS; T.Lee, T.Membrey.

Any input would be much appreciated. Cheers mate.

~P.S~
        Absolutely love the cheat sheets mate.

9. Brick says:

I've got a few more for you Jock to run the rule over.

Cunnington (3out out of the last 4 games last year +100)

LUKE HODGE (big letters for the potential big scores, over the hill maybe…)

Sam Frost GWS def. – under 300k played 3 games last year 92,59,72 – I'm taking the punt if he looks like a round 1 starter.

Andrew Krakour – dead set under priced this year. average 80+ easily, more time in the mid too???

Orange Gorringe – my dark horse. Talk of him pumped up for a big 2013 and spending time up front.

Gorringe, i hope, will be the new giles. LOCK HIM IN!

• jimbotraralgon says:

hodge will be a very dangerous choice, will be eased back in…..wont play straight away.

when he does will be green vest and then move up to the rest vest……consider around the bye perhaps if all goes well.

Krakour wasnt on the radar but after last weekend is now on the watchlist. just can't see whose spot he would take with Varcoe locked at M5.

Gorringe – well the second line of the article could be a warning sign? "With a host of leg injuries ruining his first two AFL seasons,"

nice to see some point of difference.

cheers

• Brick says:

That's what I try to do.
        I disagree that Hodge will be eased back in, the did that at the tail end of last season and he played the finals too. Unless he's suffered an injury pre season he's dead set on the field and captain of the hawks too. I just question his aging leg output, can consistently bang out tons again???

10. Brick says:

And look at that, the herald sun reporting my top tip Cunnington is looking the goods.
    (Pat's self on back only to realize the fickle nature of pre-season…..)

11. Tom says:

What's everyone's thoughts on the following 3 mid priced players that I have in my team:

Def: Shaun Atley
    Mid: Danyle Pearce
    Fwd: Kieran Harper

This is for Supercoach AND Dreamteam so anyone's thoughts would be really helpful :)

• Brick says:

Lots of ppl I know going for Atley, not sure why, but it's widespread enthusiasm for a breakout season. Pearce,not for me. Harper – NO idea.

• Tom says:

Then who should I put instead of Pearce in the mid?
        Right now my midfield is:

Ablett, Swan, Cotchin, Swallow, Pearce, Moloney, Crouch, O'Meara, Viney, Colquhoun. With 100k left over

What should i do to improve this?

• Brick says:

I'm going no Ablett this season (for the start anyway) using the extra 100k to upgrade other mid to have something that looks like this thus far…
          Swan,Kennedy,Dangerfield,Murphy – the rest, well it's trade secrets my friend!

• dools says:

Which Pearse Mate? Clancee or the New guy to Port? I f its C pearse HOLD on to him if its d pearse Pt Adl trade now get onto Cunnington Nth Melb…Swallow could go to mate He has a hard time with Tag and Fwrd pressure by Def.

12. Bryton says:

Thoughts on Zaharakis? I've put him in for now. Midfield is Swan, JP Kennedy, Fyfe, Zaharakis, O'Meara, Crouch, Viney

13. stormy says:

just a quick question for the community do you think we will see Shaun Atley rotate through the midfield this year .

• I think Ates will definitely push up in the middle, on many occasions we have seen the run and carry of Ates on the wings. Got some pace, and all round footy smarts. I'd say he'll be a bonified dual position player in 2014.

14. @perksy79 says:

ok jock love to know your thoughts on J.Patton surely the big lad will get out on the park this yr

• Brick says:

I'll tell you this much, wait and see! To much risk for early selection when you've got guaranteed cash cows up fwd like – maccaffer,krakour,lecras,kennedy,varcoe and even Kerridge I reckon. No harm done in waiting till rd 3.

15. Hey Jock, i'm curious to know if my team is of a stable structure. My strategy being 2-2-2, 4-1-3, 1-1 & 2-2-2. Plus rookies filling up my bench in all zones. This is my third year of playing Supercoach, and all signs point to a breakout year haha.

DEF:
    BJ, Gibbs, D.Pearce, G.Broughton (Your influence), J.Russell, Vlastuin.
    SUBS; Terlich, Colquhoun.

MIDS:
    Gablett, Spendles, Cotch, Murph, Moloney, B.Crouch, Jaeger Bomb, Viney.
    SUBS; Kerridge, Ollie Wines.

RUCKS:
    Goldy, Luenburger.
    SUBS; Majji Daw, D. Curren. (Too many kangas i realise)

FWDS:
    Pavlich, Rockliff, Robinson, Martin, Varcoe, Sammy mayes.
    SUBS; T.Lee, T.Membrey.

Any input would be much appreciated. Cheers mate.

~~P.S~~
    Absolutely love the cheat sheets mate.

• Also have 35,800 in the bank.

• Brick says:

I reckon I'm alone here,but Jaeger bomb will not be the cash cow everyone is saying he will be. Mail I received is he's still prone to making mistakes and might not crack it for rd 1. Wait and see I say. Maybe go for that kane mitchell fella. ALso I'd play Kerridge in FWD line. I should I say – I am.

• Oh really? There's a heap of hype about the Jaeger Bomb, i was worried he probably wouldn't get a whole lot of game time..

So put Kerridge in FWD and chuck Mitchy in the guts?

On a side note do you think my team is stacked alright?

• Brick says:

To be honest I'm going something like
            Goddard or heppel – broughton – rookies for the rest of the backs.
            4 ultra prem mids and 2 prem 1 risky mid and 3 rookie mids
            Berger and 3 rookies in the ruck
            And buddy, plus the injury return guys. like kraks maccaff le cras.
            No fwd line rooks (kerriddge exception)
            and the blanks you see, I change every 4 hours!

IMO Kerridge is good either fwd or mid. But I'm leaning towards fwd so I can move into the mid when i trade out a midfield cash cow.

• I know what you mean, i'm finding myself changing my squad every 4-5 hours. So you're swapping out BJ for D.Hepps? Hopefully he has a breakthrough. I'm still skeptical about my Midfield. Scared the floor will drop from underneath, and my squad comes crashing and burning haha.

16. Brick says:

Yes about Heppell although I think BG will outscore him more often than not. I'm going heavy in the mid (like most ppl) and I should also say I'm playing BIG COX in the fwd line with buddy. I feel I'm close with %80-90 locked in for my team, but it's those fringe guys that are the problem. Cunnington,caddy,fyfe,hodge all a chance of doing something great this year.

17. Russ says:

Hey guys, anyone like Josh Jenkins as a cheap forward lock and backup ruckman?
    I thought he wasn't bad in the NAB cup game, not a bad season last year either.

18. Mark says:

Hi Guys, With so many of the rookies being mid only, im stacking my back line from the start. Means ill only have 1 upgrade to make in defence.
    Also means I only have 3 ultra prems in the mids, 1 mid pricer (Maloney) and rooks. Anybody else going this way? I usually go for a nice spread, but I just dont see the cows in defense this year? Thoughts?

19. Riley says:

How do youreckon Josh caddy will go? I have gothimin my mid?

20. Kingdidly says:

hey fellas I'm almost 95% on my team for this year opinions and adjustments would be appreciated.
    Def: Gibbs, Suckling, Broughton, Newman, Pittard, Goodes (Stevenson and Terlich)
    Mid: S Thompson, JP Kennedy, S Mitchell, S Selwood, Carazzo, Fyfe, K Mitchell, Viney (O'Meara, Neade)
    Ruck: Maric, Ryder (Currie, Witts)
    Fwd: Rockliff, Robinson, Siposs, Jenkins, J Kennedy, Varcoe (Daniher, Lee)