2013 Supercoach Rookie Cheat Sheet v2

Filed in Rookie cheat sheet, Supercoach Cheat Sheets, Supercoach rookies by on February 3, 2013 • views: 1237

Supercoach 2013 cheat sheet

NOW REPLACED WITH NEW VERSION CLICK HERE

Hello there my beloved community!

As you can imagine this is a very busy time of year for Peter Higginbotham, The Crouching One, Vince Gambino, Mr Crimmins and myself. We have been travelling between pre season training, meeting with our club insiders, and checking in with the players themselves and have come up with the second version of the famous Jock Reynolds Fantasy Football Community Cheat sheet:

Rookie Cheat Sheet version 2

Now this should download what they call a P D F document. If you have trouble on your computers try right clicking and doing a “save target as” to try and get it onto your computer.

Some big inclusions this week, have a good old gander and let the discussion begin in the comments section below!

The Father of Fantasy,

Jock Reynolds

Tags: , , , ,

1. Tim says:

Very nice jock also do you think Kane Mitchell will get a game and put in the senior list
    Also do you think jake stringer will play too

• @MRB37 says:

I've heard his name mentioned about by some Port fans. Not sure if he's guaranteed a RD1 spot, but it does sound like they want to give him some games.

2. @MRB37 says:

Good stuff, Jock.

Having troubles with my rookie forwards since they all look like they're not guaranteed spots every week. Looking like there is a lot of midfield talent however, which could make a 5 premium – 5 rookie approach a big cash generator.

• Marchello says:

Im not sold on the rookie forwards either. I'll be relying on more midpricers to sure up my forward line keeping my two rookie forwards on the bench

• jimbotraralgon says:

Hi MR.

the 5/5 strategy seems to be most likely to generate cash and points.

the other strategy popular seems to be the 4/1/5 where the coach takes a mid player typically ball, moloney or Gray

• dools says:

Hi MRB37, Just got back on line mate, I now have 7 Prems Mids burt I sacrificed defence, my Fwds are by no means locks but to get what I wanted in Midfield something had to give…Just found out that Bock is not even running yet so teams change again….40 days to go and I fiddle and Rome has not even been built never mind burn…

3. meanieoh says:

Completely disagree on Colquhoun; he's only just turned 18 in December and weighs 72kgs soaking wet.
    1 or 2 games max, if any at all this year – avoid.

4. john says:

Jock, crouching one and higgo my big question is why there is no talk of gws and gold coast rookies apart from the jaguar? I would have thought that rookies who are likely to get lots of game time would most likely still be in those teams compared to other more mature teams in the competition.

• jimbotraralgon says:

I dont know if that is quite true mate.

plenty of chat about Whitfield.

just looks like this year the bargains are located at Port, Bulldogs and Melbourne particularly.

cheers.

• Spifflicator says:

Agree Jimbo, Whitfield will certainly play but he’s expensive. GWS will play many/most of their rookies at some stage, and I suspect that they will make ideal downgrade targets around rounds 6-10 as they hit the bubble.

NAB cup will give us a better idea of who might get a start in rnd 1, and who will be on the radar for later in the season.

5. Parallel Andy says:

Missed a few dual positions there:
    COLQUHON – MID
    STAKER – FWD
    ROWE – FWD

6. Marchello says:

Jock,
    Whats the downlow on Toumpas?? Price aside, will he play much? will he be capable of producing 80+ or 90+ scores

• jimbotraralgon says:

If we knew that, we would all have him in by now ;-)

Nah, seriously he is a reasonable change round 1, training well.

The vest substitute strategy will be very interesting, particularly Port, WCE, Coll and the bulldogs.

Whether they vest the rookie player or the older returning from LTI.

7. Nate says:

Hey Jock,

I notice you’re not talking much about Lachie Whitfield. Surely he’s a lock….isnt he???

• jimbotraralgon says:

too dear Nate. Just better options cheaper .

think similar upper ceiling but $70,000 cheaper. K Mitchell.

Cheers.

8. jimbotraralgon says:

I wonder if we will all fall into line at the start of the season with 'these are the best 2 bench players for round 1.'?

Or whether opinions will still be as vast and as varied as they are now?

9. Doc says:

Jock
    Terlich doesn't have DPP status & Mayes is Fwd/Mid

• jimbotraralgon says:

either way they will both be in my side round 1.

• dools says:

Doc, Do not get all bent up about DDPs you either like / want the player DPP should not come into it…zIf you do this you will find the team you want to feild so much easier, Post it ….then tweek if thats what you want..Hope this helps, Trust your Judgement mate

10. 1968vet says:

Kane Mitchell is on the Port Adelaide rookie list.

11. Liddlejnr says:

Any thoughts on dean cox? I’m undecided, with nic nat out for the first two months he seems like a logical pick as he is still the premier ruck man in the comp! Is his age a worry? Or will he stamp himself as no 1 again with nic nat on the sidelines? Feed back would be good cheers!!!

• jimbotraralgon says:

cox is expected to be number 1 (just watch for fatigue in the second half of the year)

sandi could go close at number 2 IF he stays fit….big IF

mummy, goldstein and McIntosh seem to provide better value this year.

cheers

12. thejayman says:

Hi, great debut article by Teflon Gambino on 2013 AFL Fantasy rookies.
    With this in mind, if Brett Goodes does breakthrough & manages to play fairly regularly this season, what would be the average score, (generally speaking), that we could expect him to attain during 2013?
    Thanks in advance for any helpful replies.

13. Jimmy says:

How about O'Rourke and Plowman surely they should be considered??

• jimbotraralgon says:

they could be but there are a couple of concerns I have with them.

They are very expensive compared to other rookies.

They are from the GWS and will be subject to the sheedy rotation process.

Its a no on both for me.
      Cheers

14. Thegillpickers says:

Whats your thoughts on Jesse Lonergan

• jimbotraralgon says:

i like him but he is really awkward price.

he is meant to be a ready to play round 1 type kid.

will be on the watchlist for NAB.

Ideally if you can get the extra $40k, stevens is a better option.

cheers

15. jimbotraralgon says:

Hey Jock.

Heard a disturbing rumour that Tommy Lee kind of stunk it up in an intraclub game….

Whats your take on this? I must admit that he is sitting in F8 in my side due to the pumping up of his types by your good self.

Interested in your thoughts on where this kid is up to?

cheers

16. Kate schroeder says:

What do you know about Henry Schade Jock?

17. Big John says:

love your work on these cheat sheets jock & co, whens the next updated version coming out?

18. Meet says: