The ULTIMATE Supercoach & DT team building resource

Filed in Supercoach News, The Jock Drawer by on January 31, 2013 • views: 2727

The time has come folks!

I’ve been in this AFL Fantasy Footy caper for 37 years. You’d reckon the excitement of Supercoach and/or Dreamteam opening day would wear thin. Nup. Like a kid on bloody Christmas eve at this time of the year.

It has been a HUGE pre season at Jock Central. The biggest in our 2 years on the world wide internet. We thought it would be handy for you to have this page as a quick reference to help you with your team construction. We have been cranking out resources since late last year and now is the time to get stuck right into our studies. Remember. You can be born with as much Supercoach or AFL Fantasy talent as you like. The bloke willing to bust his guts on the hard yards will ALWAYS come up trumps in this caper.

Now.. as I say this time of year every year.. for God’s sake… don’t outsmart yourselves this season! The basics will always apply regardless of how many trades we have, how many bye rounds we need to endure and how many players swing between positions.

Let us know how your team is shaping up in the comments below.. but first here is an index of our preseason material to help you all out,

And always remember – Jock loves ya.

Podcasts:

• We’ve been crankin em out since mid December folks.. listen here on the site or subscribe on the iTunesThe Community Never Sleeps! The best resource you will find regarding team selection in 2013 by the length of the Flemington straight.

Rookies:

Premiums:

Mid Priced Players

Game Strategy:

Best of luck folks!! Now don’t be a stranger – drop us a line below and let us know how your team is lookin!

Jock

Tags: ,

1. rexinator says:

Great work Jock, love ya work mate….__I am not sure if I will be able to sleep tonight, very excited indeed.__Do u know of any leagues I can join, looking to win some cash. Cheers__Rex

• jockreynolds says:

great stuff Rex! I'll have a rest after some Bonox… but will be up at sparrows fart in the morning.. joined the Jock Premier League mate? Got till midnight – no $$ though

2. jimbotraralgon says:

great idea having all the resources in one post. good work guys.

would love to see the jock reynold, crouching tigers and higgo teams posted (and of course the new boys in the team).

As I have no life outside supercoach, here we go….

D/ Goddard, Gibbs, Duffield, Broughton, Staker, Pittard (Thurlow, Terlich)
    M/ Gaz, Pendles, Cotchin, Shuey, Fyfe, Ball, K Mitchell, O'Mearer (Crouch, Viney)
    R/ Mummy, Berger (Currie, Osbourn)
    F/ Roughy, Rocky, Dusty, Breust, Varcoe, Mayes (Kerridge, Lee)

Osbourn is an intention donut for the captain loophole.

• jockreynolds says:

I bloody like the look of this team Jimbo. A few I'd change here and there but this is a formidible outfit you have put together here. Ball I'm iffy on.. no Franklin is a lovely touch I like it… Duff man is growing on me as the year goes on… love it

• choppers says:

I like your team, Jimbo. Pretty solid. My team is very similar but with 8 changes(5 rookies and Shuey,Ball,Fyfe). Good luck!

3. Boydo says:

How’s this Jock

Goddard Gibbs Hartlett Thurlow Goodes Docherty Terlich Colquhoun

Gazza Swan Pendles JSelwood Cotchin Maloney Toumpas Crouch OMeara Viney

Mummy Berg Currie Witts

Cox Rocky Martin Bock Varcoe Byrnes T Lee Staker

Is it true Mundy is struggling with his ankles again? Love to hear from you about my team.

• jimbotraralgon says:

similar approach we both ahve Boydo.

I have the 5 prem, 1 midprice, 4 rookies midfield as well.

As you were looking at similar players, I would like you opinion on why you chose Moloney over Ball? and the Toumpas over Koby Stevens?

I was eyeing them both off but went Ball and Stevens. Wonder why you went the other way? and were there anyone else you looked at in those spots?.

• Boydo says:

Thanks for your response jimbo went Maloney based on free running role in Lions team preseason news has said he is training strongly I think he should score similar to 2011 with a higher avg than Ball also Jock has reported Ball is still not right and worried he might start slow. Toumpas is not really set could change to wines or Stevens. If Mundy is fully fit and there are enough back rookies picked round 1 may change squad structure completely Hartlet to bock bock to stringer Toumpas to Mundy.

4. Tim says:

Hey jock and the lads loving your stuff helped me out with my team and hoping you could have a quick glance and see how it’s going thanks

Here we go
    Def:Goddard, Duffman, Gibbs, Broughton, Colquhoun, Terlich, Stevenson, docherty

Mid:GAJ, Pendles, Cotchin, Murphy, mundy, moloney, Stevens, Viney, Crouch, O’meara

Ruck: Goldy, Berger, Currie, Rowe

Fwd: Franklin, Cox, Rockliff, Varcoe, Staker, lee, Kerridge, Murdoch

$67,200 left in the bank
    Might use it up to upgrade Murdoch to Mayes or keep for changes to come during the Nab

• TheBIGShot says:

Dunno TIm.. have you allowed enough growth for rookies in the mids? Surely they are gunna make the most $$$? Maybe drop one of your mid price mids and bolster the fwd line>? Or not.

like the look of Mayes….alot…..he is a lock for me at F6

5. Shane says:

I won’t post my final team but let me say what a huge help you have been old son. I will say that Im very excited about Atley down back along with my 5 Premium mids and Varcoe and my start up team has never been stronger and for that I have you to thank Jock. Can’t wait for Sunday night!

now now Shane…..

time to repay the community mate ;-)

now cmon, what have you learned from the magnificence of Jock? ;-)

6. Joey says:

well jock here goes
    excuse my humour

Goddard, Herchelle Gibbs, D Pearce, DuffMan, Pedersen, B Goodes, Terlich (colquhon, docherty)

GAJly, Cotchin, Nate "the knife" fyfe, Ziebell, Ball, Crouch (viney omeara)

Goldmember, BergerKing, (curry, witts(about him))

Rockliff, Broughton, Travis Varcooooo, Daniher, Le cras, knights, staker (tommy lee (jones), macaffer)

• TheBIGShot says:

Hey Joey. Lookin good, but be super cautious on those two balls (Zieball, Ball,) as neither might start round one. Keep an on those 2.

Also how many did you pick in the mids.. 10 this year.

good side mate.

but the jokes? dear dear me……..

how much money in the bank? team seems a little light for premiums.

• Joey says:

yeah i realised i had a lot of left over dough so i have made many changes

Goddard Pearce Duffman Gibbs Pedersen Docherty (terlich colquhon)

Swan Cotchin Selwood Rockliff Fyfe PLAYER X(sorry a secret), Mundy, O meara (crouch viney)

Goldfinger, BergerEdge (witts curry)

Cox broughton, 50 shades of robbie gray, varcoe, daniher staker (kerridge tomy lee)

• jimbotraralgon says:

joey. Robbie Gray is a very likely non starter round 1. the talk is more 4 weeks in.

and that's ok joey, I can guess that it Gaff based on the position in the list and the relative prices of Fyfe and Mundy. ;-)

cheers mate.

7. Jamma says:

Dangerfield or Jelwood? Help anyone

8. BMO says:

For those of us working ridiculous hours, SC is open :)

9. Shezza says:

DEF: Goddard Gibbs Hartlett Pittard Van Unen Saunders Docherty Terlich..
    MIDS: Ablett Swan Pendlebury Murphy O'Meara Kerridge Colquhoun Jones Viney Crouch
    RUCKS: Sandilands Luenberger Currie Grundy
    FWDS: Franklin Cox Zorko Rockliff Bartel Macaffer Staker Michie

• Dools says:

G’day Shezza, Intresting team posted. I know I 3 days late but just saw it so if someone else has posted forgive me

Hartlet injury prone upside can play big
      Pittard and Van the Man unlikely staters
      From a post I read yesterday? The days blurr..Colquun has no bulk / size to him
      Staker is no guarenteed starter but he is an emergancy
      Love the R1 and R2 also like Prem mids Nice playing ZFwd line heard a (unfounded)rumour that Macaffer is not good to go by Rnd 1

10. antlee says:

Team Sel(i've got)Wood

DEF- Goddard, Gibbs, Hartlett, Broughton, Goodes, Docherty (Colquhohn, Terlich)

MIDS – Ablett, Josh Kennedy, Cotchin, Judd, Mundy, J.Lonergan, Wines, Crouch (O'Meara, Viney)

RUCK- Goldstein, Leuenberger (Daw, Witts)

FORWARD – Cox, Rockliff, Bruest, Christensen, J.Kennedy, Varcoe (Staker, Lee)

$12,200 left, any thoughts??

League 950596 for a challenge, finished top 200 2 years ago

11. Jamma says:

Pav, ryder, or bartel?
    Money nor RUC versatility is an issue as ive already got nic nat in the fwd line.

• Benno says:

Nic Nat is expected to miss the first few rounds with injury, he wants to play but the club won't risk it. They said they want him 100% for the second half and won't rush him back.

12. Davo says:

I have the Berg-man in the ruck, and cox up forward, who should I get as a premium ruck?
    Thinking Ryder or McEvoy, thoughts?

13. Eastern Shanks FC says:

Could someone help me out here please? I'm liking Duffield this year but I've worked up enough money to upgrade him to Gibbs. What do you guys think? Duff or Gibbs

14. The_qwert says:

Who do you all think are the best premium defenders to have? Shaw, Goddard, birchall even?

15. jimmy says:

Just wanting to know krakouer or varcoe??

• dools says:

Intresting Jimmy, He is up and about excitment player Krakour excitment and bargain basement price too. IMO Varcoe over Kraker at this stage until you see NAB but I was leaning towards both if fit and in top 22
      Like the thought mate imagine that…Both ripping up rnd 1 and Cha-ching!!!

16. Lachie says:

Is Krakouer an option this year?

17. DanButler says:

Can you have a look at my team and give me some feedback. Much appreciated.
    Backs
    Gibbs Hartlett Broughton lake goodes Staker (van un terlich)

Mids
    Swan Pendles Cotchin Sloane Fyfe Stevens crouch O’Meara (Kerridge Viney)

Rucks
    Goldy luey (Curry mcbean)

Forwards
    Cox Walker rockcliff Hawkins Varco macaffer (daniher curran)

Not sure on rookies Or bench options yet.
    Feedback would be appreciated

18. Tex says:

I have created the Sweaty Jocks league – 902781

All are welcome!

19. Jimmy says:

Def: B.Goddard, D.Pearce, G.Broughton, S.Atley, N.Vlastuin, B.Goodes Subs: S.Docherty, S.Colquhoun

Mid: Gazza, Joel selwood, Gibbs, fyfe, caddy, ball, T.Menzel, B.Crouch, subs : O’meara, viney

Ruck:Goldy, leunberger, subs:Currie and Mcbean

Forwards: Buddy, cox, bartel, Petrie, Krakouer, Varcoe, subs: Danhier and B.Staker

Love the work your doing jock. Petrie?? Also should I keep Krakouer AND Varcoe. Caddy and Ball?

• jimbotraralgon says:

not a fan of Krakouer, maybe Mayes?

petrie ok but less convinced by bartel. he is heading the wrong wall. (see jock's bartel artical. Breust or Martin could be a consideration.

if you have the coin Moloney rather than Caddy?

good mate.

20. tim says:

hey guys i need your advice badly, so could everyone please help

backline: goddard gibbs duffman broughton terlich colquhoun thurlow docherty

midfield: ablett pendlebury cotchin murphy mundy moloney stevens viney o'meara crouch

ruck: goldstein leuenberger currie rowe

forward: franklin cox rockliff varcoe staker mayes kerridge lee

i have 3 brisbane players in my forward line and i need them to
    also should i downgrade mundy to k.mitchell and upgrade staker to roughhead then put staker in backline.
    can someone please help me with this because im in a puzzle

21. jimbotraralgon says:

no worries tim…….lets see what we can do.

back 4 premiums = all good
    back 4 rookies = all good although I prefer staker up back.
    mid 4 premiums = solid. My preference was to find a way to get murphy to swan. Gives you 3 absolute keepers, no questions. prehaps downgrade moloney to K Mitchell giving you Swan if you are interested…
    mid rookies = all good.
    Fwd premiums = solid although manged to get martin in as the 4th 'Premium' as I turned franklin into Breust, 3rd 'Premium'. (assumption I know)
    Fwd rookies = all good
    rucks = all good

phew…all done

• tim says:

thanks jimbo im gonna get swan later in the year because IMO swan has before last half of the season.
      and with martin i cant afford him if i get swan and i have 167k in the bank and i wouldnt know what to do with it
      but if i did the swan mover what should i do with my team then?

• jimbotraralgon says:

yeah tim…did the maths and $50k short. bugger that.

i would try to get K Mitchel in there but I would downgrade Moloney.

Mundy is more likely value for money

• tim says:

if i down grade moloney i would have 239k but thats with murphy and with swan 167k, should i just hold the cash for trading time at the start of the season :)

hey tim.

just some ideas for you to think about,

if you don't have clear objective for the money sit tight till a plan forms in your head.

I have learned enough from Jock to know that sometimes we make changes for the sake of it.

People will suggest lots of things (like me -oops) but I would now only make a change when you are sure.

You have a structurally strong side…..try not to muck with the foundations.

• tim says:

thanks jimbo you have been a whole lot of help
              i have a plan if i get fyfe instead of swan i have 343k left and i upgrade staker to martin and swap thurlow to staker the bad thing is i cant afford if im 3k short but if i do the captain loophole and have a 96k pllayer in the ruck ill have enough to get him. also to do the loophole i will get rid of rowe, and do you think he will get a game this season?
              if so then the martin trade wont be worth it cause i can make money with rowe

• choppers says:

Hey jimbo, I've been following this forum for a while and I like the way you think. Obviously Jock is a good teacher. So can you run the ruler over this team and let me know what you think?
          DEF: Gibbs,Duffman,Heppel,Broughton,Pittard,Thurlow (Docherty,Terlich)
          MID: GAJ,Pendles,JPK,Cotch,Mundy,O'meara,Crouch,Viney(Colquhoun ,Hutchings)
          RUC: Mummy,Berger (Currie,Sinclair)
          FWD: Cox,Roughy,Rocky,Dusty,Varcoe,Staker(Macaffer,Kerridge)
          $113,200 left.
          Can upgrade Heppel to Goddard which leaves $21,700. What do ya think?

• Jimbotraralgon says:

like it alot choppers.

leave backline . all good

in fact whole side good.

just wonder if jpk will be able to repeat the dose. maybe go straight to swan and have the best 3 years end.

• choppers says:

Done. Swan at M2 and $81K left. Might also bring K Mitchell in for Colquhoun. I'll wait for NAB though. Thanks for advice.

22. jimbotraralgon says:

post going crazy with new community members with supercoach opening up to all.

Welcome to the party guys.

23. Dan says:

Goddard Gibbs Hanley Broughton Goodes Staker (Terlich Colquhoun)

Swan Pendles Cotchin Murphy Fyfe Stevens Crouch Omeara (Viney Kerridge)

Goldy Luey ( Currie Mcbean)

Cox Walker Rockcliff Martin Varcoe Macaffer (Daniher, lee)

Any feedback would be great thanks.

24. jimbotraralgon says:

community…….community service announcement.

Please place a big red 'contract delayed till end of season. WARNING! Cloke?' and then trade out franklin from your sides and place immediately on your watchlist for further monitoring.

This one will go on for a while and may just get as ugly as Cloke's. Dont forget Buddy is old housemates with Wellingham and where does he live now.

Imagine what happens if he puts in a shocking first 3 rounds….pumps out 60's…it will be a circus.

And then the Dockers then put an offer the biggest ever seen. As a guess $1.25 million dollars a year for 4 years. No personal KPI's.

And then imagine we find out that he is one of the self-reporting drug users.

WOW.

Guys, I can see this stuff in the tea leaves clear as a bell, The Zoo is open for business.

• rexinator says:

he has too much talent and ability to score 60's consistently in my humble opinion.

yes it is likely he will leave hawthorn at the end of 2013 but he will want to play well to bump his score up..

buddy is a must have

• tim says:

great thinking jimbo im with you this one he will drop down price to about 500k-550k by round 6-8

• jimbotraralgon says:

in some ways, the most likely scenario could be the worst.

Where he turns from a 120 pt player into a 95 – 105 point player.

He is not playing well but doing enough to keep you hopeful that he is about to turn the corner.

25. rexinator says:

well well well

what are peoples opinion on B THORNTON's move to the GWS..

he will attract plenty of game time and surely will rack of plenty of easy possessions.. at 318,000 dt price, that is not too bad at all..

please give me your thoughts readers

rex

• Watto says:

Thornton will def get plenty of game time and will surely play a big part in the giants defense imo. Ive got him in my side. hope this helps

26. Lukey says:

Goddard Gibbs Hanley Broughton Goodes Staker (Terlich Colquhoun)

Swan Pendles Cotchin Murphy Fyfe Stevens Crouch Omeara (Viney Kerridge)

Goldy Luey ( Currie Mcbean)

Cox Walker Rockcliff Martin Varcoe Macaffer (Daniher, lee)

Any feedback would be great thanks.

• rexinator says:

goodes is on the rookie list.. hmm I would not go with him.

brian lake is a possible option to boost your numbers down back,

martin up forward is a big risk, safer bet would be mark lecras

• @MRB37 says:

Bullies still have 1 spot left to upgrade a rookie, I believe. Watch Goodes during NAB, if he plays well he'll probably get a senior spot.

27. footywinter7 says:

With Gazza as number 1 premium, who are you guys going with as your number 2?
    [polldaddy 6873636 http://answers.polldaddy.com/poll/6873636/ polldaddy]

28. uditha says:

hi jock/guys

what do you think about cam pedersen as a second ruck?? more game time at the demons???
    my rucks kruz, pedersen, witts, Daw

Def- shaw, gibbs, birchall, pearce, b.goods, docherty, plowman, van unen

Mids – ablett, swan, goddard, selwood, ball, crouch, Omera, viney, wines, dwyer

FWD- Franklin, bartel, cloke, lecras, monfries, varcoe, daniher and staker

cheers

29. The benchmark says:

Jock old son what are your thoughts on L.Hodge?
    Consider?
    If he peaks again its an easy 100k back in the kitty

30. rexinator says:

luke parker would be a safer option if u are looking at boosting your money,

or even b moloney

• The benchmark says:

Im not looking entirely to gain cash from him. But when he is220k less than swan, im wondering if i bank him to return to his proven premium scores. And seeing that a lot of people already have similar teams there has to be a few (smart) risks taken haha if he does return to premium then i wont have to sell him off.

31. rexinator says:

yeah fair call, I like your thinking, i just don't know if I am that confident in him achieving consistent numbers.. he really did taper off last year especially. (hence the price)…..

but he is a quality player so his numbers may increase this year??????? it def is a gamble but a solid one at that.. best of luck

32. BMO says:

Am I the only bloke guying 6 Deep in the MIDS??? Midfield currently sits at Ablett, Pendles, Jobe, JP Kennedy, Dangerfield, Cotchin……..K.Stevens, Crouch (Viney, O'Meara).

Thoughts from the community???

• @PeterHiggo says:

Agreed! At this stage I am going a 6-4 premium rookie middle also.

• @MRB37 says:

Nice. I've gone 5-5 myself, with Ablett, Swan, Pendlebury, Kennedy and Cotchin as my premiums and Stevens, Wines, Crouch, Viney and O'Meara as the rest. I'd be interested in seeing your team just to see what areas you skimped on to get the 6 premiums.

• BMO says:

Back line is Goddard Gibbs then drops to Pederson then rookies. Forwards are cox t.walker rocky then cash cows and rookies. Rucks sandi Berger. All based on rookies all getting named round 1.

• Tiim says:

3-5-1-2 for me get cash cows and rookies and trade them at their peak for premiums

• JP1 says:

My tactic on each line is:

Def: 4 Prem – 1 Mid – 3 Rook
      Mid: 5 Prem – 1 Mid – 4 Rook
      Ruc: 1 Prem – 1 Mid – 2 Rook
      Fwd/ 4 Prem – 1 Mid – 3 Rook

Pretty well balanced I think…?

• Eastern Shanks FC says:

Yep, great idea to grasp the opportunity given to us this year with the 10 mids. I'm going similar 6-4, but thats counting Fyfe and Mundy as premiums

33. jimbotraralgon says:

Been looking at my mids and thought up this little discussion piece……

what do you think?

I think the days of thinking just ‘Premium or Non-Premiums is no longer relevant.
    When you look at a particular line there are certain roles you want in each position. You then go shopping for the best candidates for those roles.

so my midfield has a few roles to fill…

– 3 Guns (Locked) – free hit. Just find me the best 3 players for this year. (For me that is Gaz, DePendles and Swan)
    – 1 Premium between $580 and $640 (ish) – This is a player that is just outside ‘the very best’ mids but will join the elite uber super premium list. (My selection is Cotchin – Murphy could be an option here)
    – 1 High end ‘Break out player’ – someone between $500k and $600k that will finish in the top 8 players. (Mine – L Shuey)
    – 1 High end ‘rookie or relocator’ – Someone between $150k – $210k. This is my high end cash cow selection. Ideally he will be the last upgraded cow and will be use as bench cover for F8 (K Stevens)
    – 4 ‘rookie guns’ – Who are the best under $130k players out there. Get me the best 4.

If all goes to plan.

Do you guys think the same way when structuring your lines?

• Spifflicator says:

Crouch, Omeara, Viney, Lonergan other possibles Jsimpson DPP or Colquhoun DPP but these guys may not get much game time early, also M Jones worth a look depending on NAB cup.

34. jimbotraralgon says:

sorry fyfe not shuey – oops

35. Tiim says:

D Goddard enright shaw (atley??? Thoughts)goodes docherty colquhon terlich

M gaz pendles watson kennedy cotchin caddy whitfield omeara crouch viney

R mcintosh leunberger currie witts

F rockliff franklin Gray daniher staker macaffer menzel lees

36. Dan says:

any opinions on this one
    bit weak in the backline maybe ill start again

sam shaw, ben reid, terlich, duigan, mitch brown, staker, goodes, brandon ellis

ablett, swan, cotchin, dangerfield, gaff, luke parker, molony, o’meara, viney, crouch

ryder, leuenburger, nathan vardy, ??? undecided on rookie ruckman

franklin, fasolo, sippos, bock, nickoski, varcoe, j stringer ?? undecided on last rookie forward

cheers

37. jimbotraralgon says:

hey dan.

vardy on the bench is a waste of cash mate. Currie would be my selection.

Cheers

38. myteam says:

hi jock
    backs: shaw waters riley goddard heppel atley emg: (Pittard, docherty)
    mids:pendelbury cotchin mundy o'rouke toumpus wines o'mera viney
    emg: (B goodes, crouch)
    ruck: cox leunenberg (vardy, grundy)
    frwd: franklin walker zorko varcoe, lecras, daniher emg : mayes and lee

• jimbotraralgon says:

hmmm, this will be a big question all year.

personally I am not going with any midpricers in the mids (pure ruck and rookie strategy).

however out of the two I think Ball is the better player in the better side (and most likely to get first hands on the ball)

but Moloney is a great selection as well, better than embley.

cheers

39. JJJ says:

Please help, BALL or MOLONEY!?

40. Benno says:

Alrighty, this is my first official supercoach side for the season comments would be great.

Backs: Goddard, Gibbs, Birchall, Broughton, Docherty, Terlich
    (Van Unen, Colquhoun)

Mids: Ablett, Swan, Pendlebury, Cotchin, Fyfe, O'Meara, Crouch, Viney
    (Jones, Hrovat)

Rucks: Golstien, Leuenberger
    (Currie, Osborn)

Forwards: Franklin, Cox, Roughead, Rockliff, Macaffer, Staker
    (Lee, Kerridge)

41. Watto says:

Whats everyones thoughts on Monfries?
    New club and from what ive heard will b spending a bit of time in the centre,

hey watto.

small chance for a break out but more than likely just a solid 80 point player.

not good enough to be a keeper and unlikely to be a great cash cow compared to others.

May do OK but there are just too many better options out there.

Only consider if he absolutely tears it apart in the NAB…(and even then not convinced)

cheers.

42. Les says:

Any advice for my team? So far this is how it stands obviously more changes to come
    Goddard, Birchall, Grima, Atley, BOck, Pederson (Vlaustin and Goodes)

Swan, Murphy, Hayes, Rockliff, Boak, Ball, Embley, J lonergan (K Mitchell and J viney)

Hmac, Berger (Grundy and Rowe)

Pavlich, Broughton, LeCras, Gray, Varcoe, Daniher (Staker, Macaffer)

• Jess says:

Grund for curry midfield looks poor wheres crouch ablett

hi les.

very high risk strategy to have boak, ball and embley in the mid.

and lecras, varcoe, Maccaffer and gray in the forward.

chuck in berger and bock and you are relying on 9 players not having any injury set back. If it all works then great but if it goes wrong you are pretty much shot for the year.

Don't know if Hayes will be in the top 8 mids by years end so it only gives you 2 keepers in the mids. In fact I can only see 8 keepers by year end. You may want to try and get that up to around 10 – 12.

Cheers

• Les says:

Changed my team
        Goddard, Birchall, Grima, Atley, BOck, Goodes (Staker and Colquhoun)

Swan, Kennedy, K.Jack, Rockliff, Fyfe, Embley, Kerridge, O'Meara (Crouch and J viney)

Hmac, Berger (Grundy and Rowe)

Franklin, Pavlich, Roughead, Gray, Varcoe, Daniher (T.Lee, Macaffer)

That shows a more dominant team especially considering swannies have gws and gold coast in first three games.
        Not sure whether to have robbie gray or Mark LeCras

Hey Les.

Gray is looking more and more shakey for the round 1 start. LeCras definitely of the two.

This is just a personal thing, would move kerridge in to lee's post up forward and then slot in K Mitchell.

If the money is there, ball is probably a better option than Embley IMO.

Cheers

• Les says:

Thanks jim have made a few changes have plenty of change to upgrade ebmley to ball. And i was looking for a spot to insert mitchell and that sounds good.

43. Tim says:

Which combo community

1. Fyfe & Mundy

2. Swan & Moloney

hey tim.

Swann will be one of the top 3 by years end. It will be harder to get him as the year rolls on. bag that 130 points per game now.

cheers

44. Jess says:

Liam shiels from hawks?? I recommended your sute to my friends

45. Jess says:

D Goddard birchall hartlett ellis staker docherty terlich colquhoun
    M Ablett Swan Cotchin Watson Parker Shiels Stevens Viney Crouch Omeara
    R Goldstein Leunberger Currie Witts
    F Rockliff Thomas Martin Kennedy Varcoe Daniher Menzel Macaffer
    Hamish Hartlett <3

46. CHRIS says:

FIRST EFFORT. WHAT DO YOU RECKON, CHAMP?

DEF B WATERS B GIBBS G BIRCHALL D HEPPELL D ASTBURY DOCHERTY B GOODES D TERLICH

MID G ABLETT J KENNEDY P DANGERFIELD T COTCHIN PRIDDIS T VARCOE T MENZEL S COLQUHOUN J VINEY B CROUCH

RUCK J ROUGHEAD S JACOBS S ROWE D CURRIE

FWD D COX T ROCKLIFF J CAMERON J DANIHER B STAKER B MACAFFER
    J SIMPSON T LEE

hey chris.

not a bad first pass. probably too many rookies up forward. you may struggle to get them all playing round 1

47. supercoach says:

fisher??
    suckling??
    or broughton??

48. Tim says:

Hey community most likely final team before Nab cup

DEF: Goddard, Gibbs, Duffman, Broughton, staker, terlich,(Thurlow, Colquhoun)

MID: Ablett, Pendles, Swan, Cotchin, moloney, Stevens, Crouch, Viney,(O’meara, Mitchell)

RUCK: Goldstein, Berger,(Currie, Osbourn)

FWD: Cox, Roughead, Rockliff, Martin, Varcoe, Mayes,(Kerridge, Lee)

7,000 in the bank

And any advice would be appreciated

• Bolts says:

That’s probably one of the best teams I’ve seen so far Tim great stuff.
      My mids and back premiums are the same but I keep worrying about having both pendles and swan, they both played 18 games last year so that’s 8 games I’m missing 100+ scores which could be around 1000 total pts by year end.
      Anyway great looking team

49. jimbotraralgon says:

does anyone else think that with the best mid rookies so well defined and so few options up forward, that the year might come down to the defensive rookies?

Large variety available, all untried, all the same price.

Those coaches that nail them might go some way to a winning team.

cheers

50. CHRIS says:

SEOND EFFORT. THANKS FOR THE INPUT, jimbotraralgon. WILL LOOK INTO IT.

DEF:- GIBBS BIRCHALL HEPPELL JAKSCH DOCHERTY COLQUHOUN GOODES B TERLICH

MID:- ABLETT SWAN J KENNEDY COTCHIN GODDARD MOLONEY VARCOE CROUCH M JONES VINEY

RUCK:- J ROUGHEAD JACOBS ROWE CURRIE

FWD:- FRANKLIN COX ROCKLIFF DANIHER STAKER MACAFFER LEE SIMPSON J

hey Chris.

I'm liking the look of this side. A different approach to what I am doing but it seems to work.

Only arguement is there maybe one too many rookies on the forward and defense lines for my liking.

I would (IMO) move Goddard up back into Jaksch position. I would then make sure that I get Jaeger O'Meara in that midfield.

I would finally move Varcoe up forward for Simpson and slot K Mitchell into the mids.

K Mitchell, O'Meara, Viney and Crouch are all putting forward cases in being a MANDATORY picks in the mids this year.

Hope it heaps.

Cheers

51. Bolts says:

What does anyone think about having Ryder this year in fwd line, I’ve heard bellchambers might be number 1 ruck if so what could that do to Ryders scores, could he avg over 100+?

52. Les says:

Do you think Bock is worth the risk?

• Spifflicator says:

No. He won’t play for at least the first two weeks.

hey les.

he looked very sore at training today. even if the injury is healed then surely his fitness must be miles behind.

No for me
      Cheers

53. chandanrajdb says:

Hi Guys,

This will be my second season of SuperCoach….I need to get my team right this year to start. I am new to this community and would like to receive as much help as possible from this community to be able to at least compete in my office league….please have a look at my team below and any suggestions/comments from anybody would be highly appreciated….

DEFENDERS:
    B Goddard, B Gibbs, P Hanley, G Broughton, B Goodes, B Staker, (S Docherty, S Colquhoun)

MIDFIELDERS:
    G Ablett, D Swan, S Pendlebury, M Murphy, N Fyfe, B Moloney, K Stevens, J O'Meara, (B Crouch, J Viney)

RUCKS:
    N Naitanui, M Leuenberger, (D Currie, J Osborn)

FORWARDS:
    D Cox, M LeCras, A Siposs, T Varcoe, S Byrnes, J Simpson, (S Kerridge, T Lee)

I have got $220,300 left in my bank……any suggestions / comments would be highly appreciated…….

Chandanraj

54. jimbotraralgon says:

this is a good side first up Chand……

Backline is solid

Personally I am only going for 1 midprice but very solid selections.

Rucks arent bad but NicNat wont be playing for 6 weeks minimum. Suggest moving Coxs into the ruck.

up forward is a little light. I the space now left I would suggest Roughead. He has a duel position available and can swing with Cox!

One last suggestion is to upgrade LeCras or Siposs to a Zorko or Rockliff or even Walker if you like. just strengthen it up a bit.

cheers

• chandanrajdb says:

thanks Jim for your comments…..much appreciated……

• chandanrajdb says:

Moloney or Parker??? please help….

Hey Chand.

Moloney by just a little. Can expect a higher ceiling on Moloney.

cheers

• chandanrajdb says:

Thanks Jim…

Have made couple of changes based on your earlier comment yesterday….

Rucks:
          S Jacobs in place of Nic Naitnui

Forwards:
          J Roughhead in place of A Siposs

Hope fully this works…….

Raj…

55. Spifflicator says:

No for the big question.

What impact will the Essendon Scandal have on SC?

Will the Bombers play at all? Will they play but not for premiership points? Will it all be OK, but just a massive pre season distraction which derails their start to the season? Will it affect Monfries and his dream season start at Port?

I HAD Goddard and Bellchambers, I don’t now.

What does everyone else think about keeping Bombers players in their starting line up?

56. Tom says:

Hi all, 2013 team newly assembled, would appreciate any feedback;

B: Goddard, Gibbs, Duffield, Hanley, Goodes, Staker (Aylett, Terlich)
    M: Ablett, Swan, Cotchin, Murphy, Moloney, Stevens, Crouch, O’meara (Viney, Colquhon)
    R: McIntosh, Leuenberger (Rowe, Currie)
    F: Cox, Roughead, Rockliff, Broughton, Varcoe, Mayes (Kerridge, Lee)

With 50k in the bank.

Any thoughts/advice welcome,
    Cheers, Tom

57. jimbotraralgon says:

open question….for those who kept hold of Franklin, are you a little concerned about buddy pulling out of the all stars game.

Happy to be proven wrong but something funny has been around Franklin since the week before his injury last year.

Cheers

58. Shimma says:

The Huge question: Hartlett, Hanley, Hurn or Heppel?

59. Jimmy says:

whose the best midfielder from 559,100 – 0. Need a lighter premium player. Thinking of fyfe, mundy, shuey, wells or rocky. Cant really decide. Very confused. Would some advice.

60. Tim says:

hey community which team do you think is better team 1 or team 2

TEAM 1:

Def: Goddard, Gibbs, Duffman, Broughton, Staker, Terlich,(Thurlow, Colquhoun)

Mid: GAJ, Swan, Pendlebury, Cotchin, Moloney, Stevens, Viney, O'meara, (Crouch, Mitchell)

Ruck: Goldstein, Leuenberger, (Currie, Osbourn)

Fwd: Cox, Roughead, Rockliff, Martin, Varcoe, Mayes, (Lee, Kerridge)

$7,000 in the bank

TEAM 2:

Def: Goddard, Gibbs, Duffman, Broughton, Staker, Terlich,(Thurlow, Colquhoun)

Mid: GAJ, Swan, Pendlebury, Cotchin, Fyfe, Moloney, Viney, O'meara, (Crouch, Mitchell)

Ruck: Goldstein, Leuenberger, (Currie, Osbourn)

Fwd: Cox, Roughead, Rockliff, Varcoe, Mayes, Lee, (Kerridge, Macaffer)

$30,000 in the bank

61. scteam says:

g'day jock just wondering what your thoughts on my team

bcks: Goddard, Duffman, Broughton, Atley, B Goodes, Docherty
    emg: {Terlich, Colquhourn,)

mids: Ablett , Dendelbury, Dangerfield, Cotchin, Mundy, Moloney, Viney, O'meara
    emg: ( crouch, mayes)

rucks: goldstein Leuenberger
    emg ( Vardy, Grundy)

fwds: Franklin, walker, zorko, Varco, Danniher, Staker,
    emg( lee, macaffer )

$27,500 left in the bank
    any thoughts appreciated

62. Hcha says:

Wondering thoughts on me team shinbonin_ya_mum

DEF- BJ, Burgoyne, Newman, yarran,

docherty, van unen, (colqhuon, terlich)

MID- gaz, beams, dangerfield, cotch,

Hannabery, wines, crouch, o maera

(hrovat, viney)

RUCK – mummy, pederson (Grundy, currie)

FWD – buddy, Stevie J, rockliff, tomahawk

Dusty, Mayes, ( t menzal, J Simpson)

Went for youth a bit in the mid hoping

It pays off…

63. Tom H says:

REALLY NEED YOUR HELP WITH THIS SET-UP

DEF: Goddard, Gubbs, Broughton, Atley, Staker, Goodes (Docherty, Terlich)

MID: Ablett, Swan, Murphy, Cotchin, Pearce (Need advice on this pick, thinking he could be a prettty good smokie), Fyfe, Crouch, O'meara (Viney, Colquhoun)

RUC: Leuenberger, Mcintosh, Currie, Rowe

FWD: Franklin, Cox, Bartel, Harper, Mcaffer, Lee (Simpson, Kerridge)

hey tom.

pearce isnt bad but like mundy better.

No Jaeger?

maybe staker can go forward, Colquhoun to def and jaeger in?

cheers

• Tom says:

Thanks for your feedback!

Changes in the MID:

Ablett, Swan, Watson, Cotchin, Mundy, Moloney, Crouch, Viney, (O'meara, Colquhoun)

thoughts?

64. @pjm866 says:

After many tweets and changes I think how does this one sound

DEF: Malcheski (syd) Fisher (st K) Grimes (rich) Otten (ade), Bock (GCS), T Williams ( WB) ………. Terlich (melb) colquhoun (PA)

MID: Ablett (gc), Bartell (gee), Zorko (bris), Robinson (car), Fyfe(fre), Sewell (Haw), Van Berlo (ade), lower (WB), ……. crouch (ade) , O'meara (gc)

RUCK: Giles (GWS), Leuenburger (bris) …………. corrigan (gc) Witts (coll)

FWD: Walker (ade). Walters (free), Lecrass (WCE), Monfries (PA), Siposs (ST K), Staker (bris) …….. Kerridge (ade), lee(st k)

a little worried re forwards but a tweak here and there b4 season starts and all should be cool,
    any thoughts

hey mate.

Lots of POD's here. IMO you need at least 2 of goddard, waters, shaw, birchall or duffield up back.

maybe one of swan, pendles, cotchin, JPK, Danger, Watson.

and a franklin, roughy, pavlich or coxs?

Like the variety but probably just missing a few of the top shelf guys.

cheers.

• jimbotraralgon says:

and dont forget staker just died as far as supercoach goes

65. John says:

Really confused as to what to do, so help would be really greatful!!!

DEF: Goddard, Gibbs, Broughton, Atley, Goodes, Van Unen (Docherty, Terlich)

MID: Ablett, Swan, Cotchin, Swallow, Fyfe, Moloney, O'Meara, Viney (Couch, Colquhoun)

RUC: Goldstein, Leuenberger (Currie, Rowe)

FWD: Cox, Pavlich, Rockliff, Vercoe, Byrnes, Macaffer (Kerridge, Lee)

What are your thoughts on the team as a whole? But more specifically, what are your thoughts on not having Franklin in for Rd 1. He's a slow starter and won't score high very quickly, so will wait for him to drop and then pick him up maybe around Rd 4-5? Don't know who to trade him for though….
    Thanks :)

66. Jess says:

Heya fellas any comments appreciated

D shaw, heppel, birch, hartlett, ellis, goodes (terlich, kommer)

M Ablett, Watson, Dangerfield, Cotchin, Stevens, Embley, Ball, Viney( omeara, crouch

R Goldstein, berger (currie, witrs)

F rocky, roughy, d.martin, siposs, kennedy, macaffer (daniher, menzel

• Jess says:

Made a few changes
      Goddard for birchall
      Kommer for Clurey (pa)
      Watson for Fyfe
      Embley for Wingard
      Stevens for Whitfield
      Roughy for Hurley
      Kennedy for Harper

280k hold onto money or upgrade????

• Jess says:

D goddard shaw heppel hartlett ellis goodes (clyrey colquhoun)
        M gaz, dangerfield cotchin fyfe ball wingard whitfield viney (omeara croch)
        R GolDstein berger ( currie witts)
        F rocky martin hurley siposs daniher harper ( menzel macaffer)
        280k what should i do with money i need help bad!!!

67. Jess says:

Goodes or pittard?

68. Bryton says:

Alrighty everyone, would like some opinions, be harsh :D

Version 1

DEF: Goddard, H. Shaw, Gibbs, Heppell, Goodes, Pittard (Terlich, Docherty)

MID: Ablett, Pendles, JP Kennedy, Dangerfield, Varcoe, K. Mitchell, Viney, O'Meara (Crouch, Colquhoun)

RUC: Cox, Leuenberger (Currie, SInclair)

FWD: Roughead, Tex Walker, Rockliff, D. Martin, Byrnes, Macaffer (Neade, Kerridge)

144k left

V2

DEF: Goddard, H. Shaw, Gibbs, Heppell, Goodes, Pittard (Terlich, Docherty)

MID: Ablett, Pendles, JP Kennedy, Dangerfield, Cotchin, Varcoe, Viney, O'Meara (Crouch, Colquhoun)

RUC: Cox, Leuenberger (Currie, SInclair)

FWD: Roughead, Tex Walker, Rockliff, Neade, Byrnes, Macaffer (Redpath/Lee, Kerridge)

6k left

What do you guys think?

69. sconzie says:

Hey guys. First year ive played supercoach.please let me know what you think of my team. Using a premium/rookie strategy mainly.

Back: Goddard, Gibbs, Birchall, Heppell, Broughton, Plowman (vlastuin & terlich)

Mids: Ablett, Pendles, Watson, Cotchin, Whitfield, Wines, Omeara, Viney (crouch & t.menzel)

Rucks: Ryder, Goldy (rowe & currie/daw)

Fwds: Franklin, Texas, Martin, J. Daniher, Mcaffer, Staker ( dick & atkins)

Concerns over mcaffer and staker…and whether my rookies will play many games…and possibly swap goldy for berger

Help? Anyone? :)

70. Scot says:

My partner and I stumbled over here from a different website and thought I should check things out.
    I like what I see so now i am following you.
    Look forward to looking at your web page yet again.

71. Howdy just wanted to give you a quick heads
    up. The words in your article seem to be running off the screen in Safari.
    I’m not sure if this is a formatting issue or something
    to do with internet browser compatibility but I figured I’d post to let
    you know. The style and design look great though!
    Hope you get the issue resolved soon. Thanks

72. With havin so much written content do you ever run into any issues of plagorism or copyright infringement?

My website has a lot of completely unique content I’ve either

authored myself or outsourced but it looks like a lot of it is popping it up all over the internet without my agreement.

Do you know any methods to help stop content from being ripped off?

I’d definitely appreciate it.

73. Derick says:

This blog was… how do I say it? Relevant!!
    Finally I have found something which helped me. Many