AFL Fantasy The Uber Premium Poll

Filed in AFL Supercoach poll, Supercoach Premiums by on January 24, 2013 • views: 1339

supercoach premium poll

It goes without saying that your premium selections are bloody critical.

We all know that the little master Gary Ablett will be in most starting teams… but there has been some pretty fiery debate about which of the other Uber Premiums (as we call them in the industry) will provide us the best value.

Over to our beloved Community… which TWO Uber Premiums will you think about in Supercoach and AFL Fantasy 2013?

Aside from Gary Ablett - which TWO Premiums will you consider?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

While we’re talking Premiums… this is one of the finest premium theory reads you’ll come across this pre-season!

1. Brett says:

I still think everyone is going early on cotchin, he’s only had one great year, but unlike beams who everyone has dropped, people just can’t wait to select cotchin. Give me Murphy and the spare 50k, what are you boys leaning towards?

• Tim says:

I’ve got Cotchin and Murphy in my team also, they are both going to har massive seasons!

• choppers says:

I'm a little concerned how his Captaincy responsibilities may affect his output, thats why I've gone Gaz,Pendles,JPK.

• Anthony says:

See the thing you're not realising is he's already had a solid year averaging 100 getting the main tag, then he took it to the next level without a full pre season and averaged 116, still with the maintag, injury free now and entering his prime…lock, lock, lock, lock.

2. Max says:

I have Pendlebury Kennedy and Murphy along with ablett. im also thinking J.Selwood may have a blinder of a year so im still trying to fut him in!

3. Rob says:

It’s a tough one.

Pendles & Murph for me, with Watson not too far behind.

Cotchin is on the upward curve though with 101 & 115 average last two seasons. I consider an uber premium to have back to back seasons of 110+ average. Swanny always worries me with his mid season breaks. Danger could be the next Ablett.

4. Hobbsy says:

I think there is a question mark over the Collingwood boys all scoring well again this year with the return of Ball, will Watson's number drop with the inclusion of Goddard playing some middle time.
    Murphy fit seems like a logical choice and who can argue with the form of Cotchin last year.
    Tough call.

• Blaza says:

I think if you had followed Collingwood in 2011 (when Ball was playing) you would have seen the number of times that Ball actually fed Pendlebury and to a lesser extent Swan, Pendlebury knows when Ball gets in the pack that he is a good chance of getting it out to him..

5. Alastair says:

i have Pendles, Watson & Selwood along with The little master. Cotch, Beams & Kennedy Unproven for me.

6. Samsy says:

Ablett, pendles and swan all locks for me top 3 every year and pendles moving into his prime years. Selwood defs someone to consider, proven performer and will be 25 this year

7. jimbotraralgon says:

so are we all sort of thinking that the Malthouse effect will help murphy then.

I have gone Cotchin over Murphy as Murphy has shown that he struggles with a tag. Cotchin doesn't.

8. Very interesting results folks! Thanks for casting your votes. Gotta say I'm a bit surprised by just how keen many are on Cotchin.. no doubt he is an out and out bloody gun… but reckon he's not a better pick v Watson as much as the results suggest… could Cotchin be a good 'leave' in 2013?

• jimbotraralgon says:

pretty apparent Jock……you really need to start with GAJ and Pendlebury or Swan.

If not you are behind the pack before you start.

9. Matt says:

Ablett and Pendles a lock for me. Really thought about Danger vs Cotch vs Watson. Still not sure which one I'm going to take.

• L Dogg says:

Tompson will steal points from danger, really coach vs watson for mine. i'm gonna go coach as a richmond supporter but it's really up to you.

10. adam says:

I will be going Pendles & Watson for consistency.. Ablett is too expensive at his price and Murphy has had an interrupted preseason..
    Cotchin will only get better whilst Swan & Dangerfield have the wow factor to pull out absolute blinders

11. Boydo says:

I have loaded up on midfielders ablett, swan, pendles, selwood, cotchin, mundy, hannebery. Still have three best rookies couch viney omeara.

Fwd line has cox rocky goodes martin

Ruck Mumford and luey

Backs is where I got room for mids have only goddard and Gibbs with all the likely starting rookies. What do you think guys? Have thought of swapping hannebery to Hanley/hartlett for more balanced side but really think the swan is better value??

12. I'll be going at least 4 of those – maybe 5

• @MRB37 says:

4 or 5? Wow, I made a team with 5 and I felt too thin everywhere else. Most of my teams have 3 with 2 mid priced guys in there as well. Will be interesting to see what your final selections are like.

• jimbotraralgon says:

will be going with…….3 premiums, 2 high end mids that *will* break out this year and 5 rookies.

• Boydo says:

Final team is
        Goddard, Gibbs, Brown, Goodes, Pittard, Docherty, Terlich, Coliqhoun

Ablett, Swan, Pendles, Selwood, Cotchin, Mundy, Hannebery, Couch, O’Meara, Viney.

Mumford, Luey, Witts, Currie.

Cox, Rockliff, Goodes, Martin, Stringer, Staker, Lee, Kerridge

13. dools says:

Gone for 5 At this early point fit in very nicley with Salery Cap went to Which Bank and offered me an extra 1.5 M if I pull it off ( Is that legal?) LOL

14. @MRB37 says:

Going with Ablett, Pendlebury and Kennedy at this stage.

Love the Dangerman, but I won't be picking him initially. Nothing against him, just think Kennedy is slightly better value.

15. DemSydneyBoyzzz says:

I know this an ultra premium mid thread, but is goddard a MUST HAVE in the Backs???

• @MRB37 says:

Not for me, mate. People seem to be split 50/50 on him though.

• jimbotraralgon says:

Hmm….fair question.

I've had him in an out a few times.

I figure if he stinks I can get any back I want to replace him.

…but if he has another 120 to 130 year and I haven't got him………boy I would be annoyed with myself.

so he is in but I have one hand on the button.

16. Supercoach jesus says:

I have ablett pendles watson cotchin

17. Max says:

Guys we need to remember that Ablett,pendlebury,swan,watson,danger and murph all have byes in the same week so picking more than 2 of these players is pretty stupid i think especially if you also hav Omeara and crouch in your team as well

• @MRB37 says:

Do people strategize their bye rounds? Last year I picked my team so I had like 16 guys out in one round, so I'd have a higher chance of doing well in the other 2. I figured it'd be better to tank 1 week and do well on the other 2.

• Max says:

I like his/her thinking but either way i think you will end up scoring the same amount for the 3 rounds anyway…

• Eagle says:

IF a coach still had those two in his team by round 13 I would suggest he has plenty of trades and cash potential to deal with it then.

18. @havers101 says:

Pendlebury and Dangerfield…….Danger is my smoky for the Brownlow

19. Nick says:

How can you not have Joel Selwood in your poll when he averaged more than both Murphy and Cotchin?

• Hobbsy says:

Well said Nick, talk about a consistant performer that always seems to slip under the radar.
      I had the Jelwood last year and I could not be happier with his return

20. jimbotraralgon says:

selwood will drop away……(relative to his coin).

He will not be in the top 8 mids for the year.

21. dools says:

Stop blogging you two.. Jelwood is mine keep the secret okay

22. Tex says:

The Buddy conundrum, he scores über high when he plays, but the issue is that his price of 618k makes him the most expensive fwd in the game, despite the fact that he finished as the 19th best fwd in the game last year, and has only made the top ten fwds once. I think he is a massive risk as u end up with 600k racking up regular donuts, Last year he only played 4 of the final 10 games, and broke a lot of SC coaches hearts.

Mumford did it last year and we all stay away, but Buddy was arguably worse due to his timing at the back end of the year and no one utters a sound? As one other poster said "he's fools gold"

I may upgrade to him around rnd6 but after last year I'll stay i'll clear at the start and just watch everyone else squirm when he gets reported.

23. Lewis says:

Thoughts on Sam Mitchell?

24. dean says:

tossing up between murphy and cotchin at the moment dont know who to get

25. wighty says:

finished top 2% last year, won both my leagues, and no ablett or buddy all year. Has anyone noticed that all players in SC start this year at $5.35 average per point ?

26. wighty says:

So watson and Kennedy locks, and already $200k to spend elswehere

27. Different reviews make it tricky to choose its credibility.
    There are no pills or supplements of any sort that will assistance you lose
    your abdominal fat more quickly.If you are still in a confusion of irrespective of whether it works or not, the greatest way to find
    out is to try it and be the ideal judge.
    The program has effectively worked for over 270,000 folks and there are several testimonials.
    The workouts were created to operate you difficult but
    as effectively as feasible.You then have 21 days to choose if you consider
    the information and facts is worth your challenging-earned funds and decide to
    pay the rest of the expense.So you can attempt it first and make a decision
    to purchase later, as an alternative of paying in full
    up front.So is it worth it?He utilizes exceptional, unconventional strategies to produce an effective formula for achieving
    low levels of physique fat promptly.While most of the workouts are concentrated
    on operating your complete body, he does recommends 5 minutes
    of actual direct abdominal function 2-3 times a week.

Ask your self this, do you want to shed weight?You just need some weights
    and an exercising ball to do these workouts in a comfortable style.
    Plus as a bonus you can create solid ab muscle to show off.

Mike is a massive supporter of eating five-6 little intake a
    day that are similar in size.

my web blog: exercises for the abs

28. Harvey Ryan says:

ive got ablett cotchin swan and shuey

29. Jarod says:

Ablett, Cotchin and Josh P Kennedy.

30. harrison says:

DEF:goddard, gibbs, hanley, heppell, harbrow, goodes. (stevenson, terlich)
    MID; ablett, pendlebury, Dangerfield, Mundy, Lucas, Wines, Crouch, o'meara. ( mitchell, viney)
    RUCK; Maric, leuenberger. ( currie, moller)
    FORWARDS: cox, zorko, rockliff, Wright, Varcoe, macaffer. ( dwyer, rowe)

thoughts???

• Dan says:

Not bad maybe consider replacing danger because he can be inconsistant and replacing maric with goldstein so u can upgrade mundy to someone a little better like cotchin but that being said mundy as had a greate round 1

31. Matt strebi says:

I have ablett, pendles, cotchin and mitchchose mitchell over watson, swan, jpk and selwood. Think he will have a breakaway year lock.

32. Matt says:

Thoughts on swallow and mitchell

33. Blanche says:

It’s difficult to find experienced people for this
    subject, however, you sound like you know what you’re talking
    about! Thanks