Jock Reynolds Fantasy Footy Podcast – 2013 Preseason 2

Filed in Weekly Podcast by on December 2, 2012 • views: 661

The Jock Reynolds Community Podcast is backThere are some BIG Supercoach and Dreamteam changes next season folks.

We get stuck right in like hungry bloody Wolves this week.

We discuss  all issues related to the massive rule changes announced during the week.

These include an increase to 30 trades for the season, a permanent rolling lockout, 4 emergencies and a change to an 8 midfield, 6 forward and 6 backline structure.

Also Fantasy Footy stats genius Peter Higginbotham reveals an exciting romance with an influential Supercoach identity.. we are bloody excited for Higg.

Players discussed include;

• Nic Naitanui
  • Paddy Ryder
  • Matthew Leuenberger
  • Dean Cox
Enjoy the show!
We would fair dinkum love to hear from ya folks.. why not hit the red bar at the side of the website and leave us a question for next week’s show?
How will you tackle the rule changes in Supercoach and DT season 2013?

Other hot Supercoach and DT advice from the Father of Fantasy Jock Reynolds:

TURNCOATS! Which players changing teams will be Fantasy Footy value in 2013?

1. Peanutz says:

Solid Pod Lads!
    Starting to think that this will be The Year of the Risk, ie.Luenberger, Ryder ect.
    Crouching, 3 Votes for your fishing gag
    Higgo, 2 Votes for the Clown costume
    Jock, 1 Vote … but you were all 100+ point scoring, dual position premiums this week.
    Cheers!

2. Marc says:

Great work guys. I'm giving the 3 to Higgo, just to help him cheer up and give him some confidence in his crumpet search, 2 to Crouching and 1 to Jock who was brilliant as always.

30 trades is interesting. Will be able to take a few more risks, but you've also gotta be a little bit careful you don't go trade crazy and blow through 10-12 trades just on shuffling the deck. I can imagine plenty of instances where a guy has a bad game or two and he gets shunted off with the thought of "Hey, I got plenty of trades to use this year". You can use that line of thinking once or twice, but they add up and if you get hit with a few injuries then it's BAM, you're up the creek without a paddle cause you diddled away the extra trades playing musical chairs early in the year. I've always played it with the mind that conservative trading is the way to go, make sure you got enough left to cover you for the finals is a must (I hate it though, my instincts is to trade trade trade).

Big Luey is one i'm definitely interested in as a starting ruck. Hudson is gone, so his only competition would be Billy Longer, who's still a youngin'. Could also go forward and boot a few goals at times too. Nic Nat I may leave as an upgrade target, i'd rather take the chance of him having a slow start and buying him cheap, but we'll see how he goes in the preseason.

• Shuffling the deck. Like it mate. I reckon there will plenty of races burnt through the rucks this season as rookies try to exploit the number of ruck/fwds situation. And Nic Nat as app grade target is interesting mate… Reckon I'll do that as well if his first game back is Rd 1 and he missed the nab

3. Dools says:

WTF: 30 trades, Rolling Lockout, 4 (Bloody 4) emergencies and possibly 18 scoring Players in the Bye rounds. THIS Spells Danger Danger, Will Robinson…. Rookie Trap…chasing a round score instead of developing (Having Faith, Like I did for Cloke to fire and he did in my GF 157 Thank you mother for the rabbits)…The same people will make the top of the tables . 30 trades is still bugger all! This new dynamic to SC will still cause people to trade with wild abandon and in the money end of the season they will still have no trades.
    DPP and emergencies will be absolutly vital to cover Non playing Players, Not a rolling Bloody Lock out. Rant over.
    Great show Lads. Look forward to replies
    Higgo 1- Get a Hooker
    Crouching 2 – great fishing Gag (very Australian mate)
    JR Brumby 3 – Stop leading Higgo down the garden path, He is more then capable of leading himself

• Hello there Dools. I will absolutely take your comments re: Higgo operation crumpet on board.

Just hard to let go mate. He came to me a shell of a man and I feel I've built him up to the point where he can use those bloody wings and fly. He is that close to crumpet mate… Can almost smell the melted honey and butter now.

Like Higg alluded to in the pod I agree with you son. Rookies will just trade that bit quicker and run out of trades at about the same time. Also love your thoughts re: the risk of chasing the round score as opposed to building a sustainable and formidable unit.

Must say I'm she'll shocked at my across the board 1 point allocation. Will be doubling my exercise regime this week mate

4. Dools says:

Get some Carlton Draughts mate, They make drinking just that lil ' Bit easier and also double up a a "Firm training regime" to make the call for Higgo and get a Girl from the Top Shop.
    Just read Marc's comments there was no need for mine … He covered every thing.

Sorry about the emotiomal rant but this New system shits me
    We are re writting the rules to accomodate more people / Good thing! but the people will still be the same; like the $900 from KRudd spend spend spend…Trade trade trade

5. JTC13 says:

Great to have the dulcet tones of three of my favorite football brains back on the airwaves this early into the season. I am shocked with all the changes to Supercoach though! Easy to see the money grabbing going on here though… the more clicks on the site the more advertising dollars so not surprising they have made us all more likely to be on the site with the rolling lock outs and extra trades. Unfortunately it is going to make the game a fair bit less enjoyable and a lot easier for people to scrape by without doing their home work.

• jockreynolds says:

Yeah mate.. reckon you have whacked the nail on the head re: the extra clicks on the game site.

Still reckon as Marc and Dools suggest that the newbies will still fall by the wayside, will just make more mistakes is all

6. @PeterHiggo says:

While working with Jock exposes me to more crumpet, such as Paige, I will be making cautious decisions re: securing one from now on ….. the clown suit has been vacuum sealed. This scenario will be precisely how I deal with my 30 trades … Cautious, calculated trading, no rash decisions. I'm developing an excel spreadsheet with a few vlookup based social decision options. This may help if another Paige comes along.

7. tension says:

Hi Lads! Great to have you back, esp. the Venerable Jock.

A tentative first draft for SC2013. Any thoughts welcome:

Hamish Hartlett, Jack Grimes, Shaun Burgoyne, Tom Bell, Brandon Ellis, Cameron Pedersen
    Lachlan Plowman, Jack Hutchins

Josh P. Kennedy, Trent Cotchin, Kieren Jack, Michael Barlow, Kade Simpson, Tom Couch, Lauchlan Dalgleish, Tom Mitchell
    Anthony Morabito, Derick Wanganeen[/i]

Nic Naitanui, Ivan Maric
    Majak Daw, Sam Rowe

Lance Franklin, Matthew Pavlich, Mitchell Clark, Ahmed Saad, Mark LeCras, Jake Stringer
    Joe Daniher, Troy Menzel

Still researching rookies of course, many drafts to come…

• chill master says:

tension …. pump the brakes son in terms of a whole team.

do like a couple … LeCras, Menzel
      dont like a lot …. bell, pederson, saad …

8. DA Pest says:

Dustin Martin is having a massive preseason. He'll have his best year to date – it's as sure as another Sudanese swimmer washing up on the shores of Chelsea beach this Summer.

9. Bert says:

Hey Jock. What do you think about both Maric and Leuenberger in the ruck? Not too sure i wanna risk getting Cox, Natinui or Ryder