Supercoach Preliminary Finals Podcast

Filed in Weekly Podcast by on August 19, 2012 • views: 941

AFL Supercoach 2012 tips guru Jock ReynoldsHow did you go kids? Crouching, Higgo and I hope you’ve gotten through to your AFL Supercoach and/or Dreamteam Prelim Finals. If you have been good enough to make it WELL DONE! You ripper!

A bit of discussion in this weeks podcast about the ducks and drakes that kick into gear this time of the year. We are all at the mercy of the clubs and their selection lies folks. Buddy Franklin was likely never gonna play this week. Sam Mitchell was out with a ‘bruised leg’. Old Rosco Lyon was up to his old tricks with Turf Toe Sandliands a late inclusion. What funny buggers will affect our Supercoach and Dreamteams this weekend?

Matty Pavlich will be the ducks and drakes dilemma in Preliminary Final week… your gut feel on the likelihood of him playing this week could be the difference between a Grand Final berth and a devastating loss.

Enjoy the show ladies and gents.

Jock Reynolds

1. Westy says:

2372 without Buddy. GAJ, you little bewdy!

2. billy says:

averaged 2500 in the 4 weeks leading up to finals. so far in the finals ive scored 2089 and 2190, been knocked out in straight sets in 3 of my 5 leagues. got burned by scotland, carazzo, lake, pendles, maric, fyfe and the bloody hawks naming buddy and taking him out right before the game! GRRRRRR!!!!!

3. Holmzy says:

2473…. Beams as captain… Gazza does that to me every time! Beams was good tho.. My poor old semi opponent had Mitchell and franklin in lol

4. Marc says:

Good work tonight Jock, Higgo and Crouching One.

Scored a lazy 2,469. Had some less than stellar scores from Scotland, Carrazzo, Lake, Pendlebury, Selwood, Watson, Maric and Martin so i'm happy with that. Had Saad's 91 fill in for Buddy. Moved up a couple hundred spots overall so i'm now sitting at 1,558.

Now, my biggest question is what to do with Buddy? I don't like the idea of starting him for the next two weeks with him having missed the last 6. Already have Beams, Dangerfield and Sidebottom in my fwd line, so Pavlich was the obvious replacement, but now he's got some injury questions about him too. So now i'm putting my #1 target on the following forward. Taylor Walker from the Adelaide Crows (costs $479,200). Scored 135, 115 and 96 in the past 3. Melbourne and Gold Coast to come. Scored 106 against GC in Rd 1. Melbourne have had the likes of Wilkes, Paul Stewart and Nahas kick bags against them this year, Walker should be able to kick 4-5 goals easy.

Kurt Tippet is an interesting pick. If you are hard up for cash he is a fantastic choice. Wouldn't read too much into his form against Brisbane, has barely played in 6 weeks and had Merret on him the entire game. He did put up a huge 150 against GC in Rd 1 as well. I could do something crazy like swap Ahmed Saad for Tippet straight up, which is just the sort of move that if it works can win you a final. Or if you had 2+ trades left and Pavlich doesn't get named, trade Pav to Tippet, bang $350,000 in the kitty and it allows you to upgrade another position if you still have some lower tier players in your side.

• Jock says:

Gday there Marc! Great game on the weekend old son.. Juddy coming back would have made you more comfortable with things in the midfield I spose. You still got my spanner mate? No rush – as long as you return it within the next few weeks I need it to help Burgo with this syphon tank.

I have a feeling in me waters about the Tippett kid this week.. reckon if you went buddy to tippett it would give you enough dough for an upgrade elsewhere?

• Marc says:

Absolutely, Jock. Say Pav gets rubbed out, or you're nervous about Franklin, or even if you still have Rioli on the bench. Bring in Tippett and you've now probably got the $ to trade in a premium elsewhere.

So if I went Buddy to Tippett I could then swap Brandon Ellis or Mark Baguely to Beau Waters and then move Lake to the bench. I reckon Tippett would be itching to have a blinder against Melbourne and GC. Gotta prove to everyone you're over the head knocks and are worth the big biscuits.

5. Vinnie says:

A nice 2530 with Carazzo subbed and Cloke killing me again

6. John C says:

Won in 2 out of the four with a fair bit of luck but one of the two I won in is the one with the cash so in the profit now for this season. :-)

7. Vinnie says:

I think we need to commission an editorial called 50 Shades Of Jock

• Jock says:

What a sterling idea mate.

We could have the light brown stain for the eary morning Jock.. then the solid brown snail trail by bedtime then all hues in between. Great idea mate

8. G unit says:

Fellas, made an error. Bloody clarkson tricked me and I traded out suckling pig…suckkkklliinnnngg :'(

However I have triumphed and am into a prelim that I should win. Should of got beams for buddy but now have no trades left.

Is lenny going to get rubbed? Hard to know from London!

PS: went to Cambridge last week, saw the Tomahawk giving a lecture on how to maraud backlines like a boss. Good stuff Tom.

• Jock says:

yeah heard Tom was doing a flying Cambridge visit last week.. say hi to him for me?

Thanks christ Lenny didn't get rubbed out

9. Sam Winter says:

Scored 2117. Can't believe it as I had Mitchell and Franklin on the field with no emergencies cause they were filling in for N.Riewoldt and Swan. Having Nic Nat as captain this week didn't help as well cause he scored 94. To top it all off I have not trades left.

10. Michael says:

2372 – lost main comp by 35, would've won if I had C.Beams on field instead of Horsley :(

Won my second comp by just 2 points, my opponent had Bell who only managed 18 (subbed?) so many thanks young Thomas!! In 2 prelims next week, sweating on Pav – no trades left!!

11. Nick says:

Hi Jock,

I have 2 trades left this week and I'm looking to upgrade Travis Cloke to Dangerfield but I'm cautious about using them because teams like to rest players in Grand Final week. I am playing Shane Crawford in the prelim, is it worth using the trades or saving them for the expected resting of players in Grand Final week.

Cheers

• Jock says:

Mate – thanks for dropping in. If you reckon you have Crawf covered this week HOLD and you will have one hand on the holy grail son! You're right.. sure as hell there will be players missing all over the shop on GF weekend

12. Dylan says:

2436 puts me through to the prelim! Against a good mate and SC nemesis… I beat him by about 1000 points in the grand final two years ago… Should be a close one this week!

13. Drew says:

Jock,

Gota bench either Gibson or Shuey this week to bring in swanny. Who would you go with?

14. Zimmer says:

Will be trading out Cloke for a small bag of dogshit this week. Thanks for the tip Crouching.

15. Hey there! This is my 1st comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout out and say I truly enjoy reading your

articles. Can you suggest any other blogs/websites/forums that go over the same topics?

Many thanks!