The JR Community Rd 18 Fantasy Footy Podcast

Filed in Weekly Podcast by on July 22, 2012 • views: 895

AFL Supercoach 2012 tips guru Jock Reynolds

Lets rip straight into the podcast this week folks.

I must say that Peter Higginbotham’s Quantum Team Mechanics covers some outstanding material for those of you, like myself, who fancy themselves as fierce exponents of fantasy footy psychological skulduggery.

Only 2 regular rounds before the finals kick in – and an absolute truckload of advice from the 3 finest Supercoach and/or Dreamteam coaches that this country has seen.

Enjoy…. which trades are you looking at making this week folks?

1. Dylan says:

Used my last trade before the weekend to bring in the jobe… Scored 2425 this round, personal best! Would have liked to save a few trades but what are you going to do? Have a decent squad (would like a stronger ruck and to not have the cloke of invisibility…), pumped for finals, should finish in top 4 in my league, but bummed out the season is nearly done! How did everyone else go?

2. Vinnie says:

Getting rid of Cloke this week….took the carrot and has been my Achilles ever since…

3. Benus says:

HAHAHAHAHHAA the travis cloke songs oh my god

4. Paul says:

My biggest error was to pick up Cloke at the start of the year and have lost hundreds of thousands on this big Lug. Now he's not worth trading as he's worth Jack.

There is one consolation in that if I did'nt have him, I might have fallen for some of the advice on hear last week that said it was now the time to get him in.

• Starky says:

I hear you Paul. At least some others have tanked with me and will take him into the finals.

Lets hope he has a good one on the weekend.

5. CJ says:

2520 this week – PB

5 Trades left and only wanting to upgrade 1 defender Clarke/Ellis/S.Shaw

Also have either Harvey/Porp/Martin on the bench – Who to downgrade?

• G unit says:

Have to get rid of clarke mate he is in and out. plenty of options to improve. maybe chips fisher who jock likes? Carrazo or Birch for mine.

6. Luke says:

got $222,700 cash in the bank from downgrading horsley to thomas couch. now who should i spend all my money on?

• Togg says:

Whos in your team? How many trades you have? Many questions here mate

• Luke says:

i have 6 trades left (only 1 left this round), and this is my team:

DEF:

deledio, goddard, brian lake, dempsey, geary, bugg, baguley (sam shaw, smedts).

MID:

ablett, watson, stanton, scott thompson, selwood, zorko (thomas couch, ledger)

RUCK:

ryder, redden (stephenson, derickx)

FORWARD:

chapman, dangerfield, franklin, sidebottom, porplyzia, sam reid, patton (milera, ben warren)

Also remember i have 222,700 cash in the bank

THANKS IN ADVANCE :)

• Togg says:

Stanton for pendles or swan?? Redden needs to go also, pyke perhaps? I think pattons done all he can for this year, down to a fellow gws rookie?

• Mick says:

Leave Stanton – you have much more pressing issues to worry about!

I would go S Reid -> A really good mid. J Selwood, Beams or JP Kennedy. Put Zorko in the fwd line to facilitate it.

Next round, (if Tippett is picked) Porps -> Tippett, who will be CHEAP

And then Redden -> best available ruck.
            At the price you can afford I would be keeping my eye on Tommy Belcho’s form. If it drops off, there is always Hale who has been consistently average.

• Luke says:

thanks guys for all the advice, really appreciate it !

one question though, how do i trade reid for a midfield when he is a forward?

• Togg says:

When the trade page comes up, and sam reids line is red and his names not there, there will be an 'S' on the side next to zorko, click on it, he'll go to forward line and bippity bappity a new mid can be selected

• Togg says:

Would not bother with tippett!! Yes he lost 50k in price but his break even is 193! He'll lose maybe another 70k or so

• Luke says:

ok thanks for that, but now i have a choice out of kennedy or beams, what do you recommend?

• Jared says:

Yeah move zorko forward for someone who can swing mid (who is a dud) and upgrade there

• Luke says:

yee ive did that and now got a choice and of kennedy and beams, who should i get?

• Mick says:

Go with Kennedy so you don't have to barrack for a Collingwood player =)

• Luke says:

haha are you being serious? beams is in tip-top form and collingwood are play gws this week, what is the better move?

7. Bryton says:

Well this is another Cloke post. With 2 trades left and only 30 odd k in the bank, should i be looking to offload either Cloke or Broughton? I also still have Toby Greene on the field in my mids, but he's been amazing, haven't been tempted to have a full premium mid when he's been firing.

8. Lachlan says:

Sitting on 3 trades should i trade Giles out for Tommy Bellchambers?

• Mick says:

Yes. Will be too expensive next week. Has played very well in the ruck and Hille has been shocking, so Bellcho's spot looks safe even once Ryder comes back.

9. Sam Winter says:

A Month Ago

Ablett vs Collingwood – 53 Disposals — 155 SC Points — 186 DT Points

31 Kicks 22 Handballs 9 Marks 6 Tackles

Last Week

Swan vs Hawthorn – 49 Disposals — 143 SC Points — 165 DT Points

2 Goals 31 Kicks 18 Handballs 6 Marks 2 Tackles

WTF!!! How does that work. Both played amazing games that deserved scores around the 180 mark.

• billy says:

mate, im a pies supporter and was at both games. ablett and swan did have amazing games but they both had a lot of clangers and ineffective disposals.

10. Isaac says:

Great Podcast men. Jock what is your team called? Saw Crouchings last week and I think it would be sweet to see yours!!

11. Jack says:

Have 6 trades left, getting rid of giles.

i can get any player except cox. who is the best option, maric, jacobs or mcevoy. keep in mind i have nic nat.

12. Tim says:

who thinks that dane swan will get 131 points this week?? i need him to go down $7,000 before i can get him in my team

13. matty says:

Hey jock mate legend. Can you or anyone else tell me Wat they think I should do with zaharakis ? I I'm low on trades ? How long do you think till he will be back ?

• Zimmer says:

Needed to offload him a while ago. He's still out for 3 or so, and unconfirmed reports may not come back at all this year. As a Bombers supporter, I hope he does, but he's dead wood in your team at the moment.

• Mick says:

I believe 4-5 more weeks for Zaka. Good time to get rid of him I'd say…

For that money you can get Sidebum, Dangerfield, Chapman

Or save some money and get Tippet (if picked), Harvey, Goodes, even take a gamble on Cloke!

14. matty says:

Jack if you don't get maric ill grow a mullet.

15. G unit says:

Fellas,

Whats the latest on Al Christensen?

Tough to figure out whats going on with him from Latvia.

I would like to downgrade him/or treloar this week but if hes not fit he has to go. Treloar is a reasonable benchwarmer in my eyes.

16. Adam Kneale says:

I have 560k exactly to get any ruckmen. Which should it be??

17. Jake says:

Boys and girls, get in cloke or petrie? Torn in half by this decision

18. Fred says:

Guys need a abit help, need another premium mid also forwards. 3 trades and 177g in the bank

Def: Deledio, Scotland, Goddard, Birchal, Grima, Lake, M Johnson, (Darley, Smedts)

Mid: Ablett, Pendels, Pridis, Watson, Thompson, Gibson, (Phiffer, Ledger)

Ruck: Nic Nat, Kreuzer, (Campbell, Stephenson)

Forw: Franklin, Sidebottom, Goodes, Sylvia, Dangerfield, Zorko, Treloar, (Dickson, Saad)

• Togg says:

Just sub either dangerman or zorko for pfeiffer and trade pfeiffer..Maybe kreuzer should go as other than maybe treloar u look pretty set..defence looks great minus lamb of god's average form of late

• Mick says:

Dickson -> Murphy i reckon.

Then hold 2 trades for injuries.

Keep Pfeiffer over Dickson only because he is decent cover for fwd/mid

19. Dwain says:

Scored 2412 happy with the boys this week

20. What’s up, its pleasant paragraph about media print, we all know media is a fantastic source of information.

Also visit my homepage – auto insurance quotes (http://Www.applycarinsurance.com)