Supercoach DT Bye Round #2 – Did you Survive?

Filed in The Jock Drawer by on June 17, 2012 • views: 557

This weeks Cattle MarketGday folks – the second round of bye misery has come and gone and only 1 to go. Hang in there. How did your mob go this week? Keen to get a handle on what a good score would look like this week.

Any stories of glory or misery are welcomed as always folks, the round 13 podcast is now up so get stuck into that as well

Your mate,

Jock Reynolds

1. Dinolyn says:

2058 with Boyd and Dahlhaus still left.

Disappointed i didnt have ablett, and nick reiwoldt + goddard really let me down :(

2. A_OKeefe says:

Hargrave killed me. Won 4/5, but lost the 2nd most important league by about 30pts.

3. Steelo says:

Thanks for the opportunity to chat, Jock – another surprisingly good week with 6 donuts, wins in all leagues again to make it 2-for-2 in bye-time .. but next week will be a wipeout. Happy with NicNat and Scotland who set the tone for the weekend. Do you reckon 11 trades will be enough for the run home?

4. Snudz says:

5 BIG DT wins this week. Great to be back on the podium.

5. Lachie says:

Only have 8 trades left.

Gablett killed it, and Zorko my man dominated.

How many trades should people be sitting on ?

6. Paul says:

1494 before the results of Port against the Dogs.

My Nemesis did the VC Loop Hole on Me with Priddis and Smedts as the Captain.

I stuck with Gaz as the Big C and Happy with the Score.

Still went down, but in ok shape.

Thanks for all the hard work Jock.

As for "Molding the Clay" I hope he gets a full game soon.

7. Rossi says:

A solid 2208 with no Gaz!

8. Marc says:

1968 with 5 donuts. Had to play some benchers like Jenkins, Milera and Smith who only scored in the 30's. Almost pulled the partial lockout trick and had Priddis count as my C score. Lucky I didn't as Ablett tore it up. I'm 2 for 2 in league wins during the bye, which is good as I set up my side to tank round 13 to maximize my scores during rounds 11 and 12.

9. Swiz says:

Hey Jock,

So many people complaining about the bye rounds but it has been fantastic for our leagues. I lost (2nd) playing 15th, but 4 out of the top 5 lost to bottom 6 teams. Keeping the others interested instead of having the same people winning each week. Scored 1731 (no GAJ) which was good enough for 4 out of 5.

• Dylan says:

I hear ya! Last week I went down to a bottom 5 team, I was third. This week was my league leader's first loss, and my biggest rival had a loss (to his wife! Their teams are so similar…) which has allowed me to jump in to second place. Looking good for the run home though! 10 trades left, 450k in the bank, want to get waters in this week, playing the league leader this week, she is two games ahead, gotta claw one back! She has waters too though…

10. Jason says:

Finished on 2339 this week with only Rhyce Shaw out and Treloar scoring 7.

11. feltch says:

guy in my league scored 2668! can anyone beat that?

got 1849 won only one league but it was my most important one :D

12. NigeyS says:

Top scored in my league this round with 2123. That included Treloar's 7 and a donut from Waters. Pity I took on 16th in my league, could have toppled a contender.

The big problem now is strategically using my remaining trades. I've only got 7.

13. Fitzy says:

2534 – set myself for this week and hope that not many others did. Bad captain choice in Cotchin – should have gone Nic Nat or Gaz. Sitting back and waitng now

• Marc says:

Lordy, 2534 without Ablett as C is impressive. You could have probably won the round if you had him set as captain.

14. Doddy says:

With 5 big round ones and 5 leauge wins, i'm pretty happy with my 1900, and looking forward to next week when i will have coverage, no round 13 tank for this fella!!

15. Chris says:

Had VC as big cox and he scored 132 but forgot to change my captain to a non scoring player.. Had danger field as captain which sucked! If I changed my captain would've won 4/5 leagues but ended up losing by 13 points to 5th..

16. Ben says:

2395 mate

17. John says:

Scored about 1950… not bad considering I only traded Mohr – S. Shaw and won the leagues I'm most interested in.

I'm more focused on the finals than the byes so it's smiles all-round

18. Rudders says:

My team Purple Dreams was ranked 40th overall before this week…had a very pleasing score of 2,349 ( Ablett and Nic Nat my 2 heroes ) and hoping that will be good enough to get back up near the top 10…I peaked at 3rd a few weeks ago…fingers crossed.

• Doddy says:

Nice going, I’m still pretty green in this game but did get to the top 2500, but round 11 put me back. What ever your doing keep it up!!

• Rudders says:

Thanks for that Doddy..I have been playing for many years now and obviously this is by best ever year. This community and Jock's podcast is not only witty and entertaining but very helpful. ( Thanks Jock, Higgo and Crouching ) Being in with a realistic chance of winning is not as much fun as you may think. It's nerve racking!! :-)

• Rudders says:

Update to my ranking…now ranked 5th GULP!!!

19. Chris says:

Will pendlebury and Heath shaw be right for next week

• Jake says:

i second this will heath shaw and beau waters be right this week? and when is morris suppose to return

• Dylan says:

Waters was suspended, so should play this weekend. Waiting to hear on Shaw as well

• Dylan says:

And pendles. But I only have one spot left in my mid for a premium, and I think my whole league has pendles, so got my eyes on Nicky dal, even though pendlebury will probably score higher…

20. Dave says:

2020. Win in all 5 leagues. Top 4 in all.

How many trades do you think is best to set yourself up for a final run. Have 12 with 150k

21. Dylan says:

How are finals going to work this year? It looks like top eight as per usual, but what about bottom 10? Will the bottom two teams simply miss out? And its the top 4 that get the second chance, right? Or is it top two?

22. Matt says:

I had my second draw in my super coach career in my most important league

23. Fitzy says:

my 2534 got me 81st for the week. As I said above, my goal this year was to try and win a week. Bad captain choice probably made the difference as did bad games from N and J Riewoldt. It was worth a go as a strategym particularly with the bye rounds and all the sides like Collingwood, Geelong, Sydney,Ess out in the same week. Biggest mistake in the lead up was trading in Waters kast week for Scotland not realizing the suspension and that Scotland would be back this week. Only got 3 trades left now but at least my side is full amd fit. Next time