Post Queens Birthday – a very special edition

Filed in Weekly Podcast by on June 11, 2012 • views: 1060

It is a great honor to announce to our beloved Supercoach and Dreamteam community that we had a very special guest for this evening’s post round 11 podcast. We hope you enjoy her input as much as we did.

Many of you are aware of my strong links to the monarchy so this may come as no great surprise. Tune is as we discuss the ins and outs of a shocker of a weekend for fantasy footballers from all over the world.

The name of this game is to stay positive folks. You might have been knocked silly by this bye, by Zaharakis or by big Sandilands but hang in there.. don’t throw in the towel and above all else maintain your discipline.

Enjoy this weeks podcast,

Jock Reynolds

1. The Svankonsberger says:

G'day Jock and co,

Pretty filthy trading Gaz in last round, don't want to do anything stupid this round. Boomer Harvey, will he average 100+? Scotty Thompson vs Priddis (leaning towards scotty). Plus who is a good downgrade option for the "horse", thinking Crozier for DPP.

2. Hey Jockstar…

Hope you enjoyed the beverage with Lizzie. You will be knighted soon old son!

1791 with 16 live players.

Son of Timmy(C) GUN

BHP Steel GUN

Jelwood GUN

Mitchell GUN

TAO

3. kyle cooper says:

i dont know who to trade out for priddis, i have a choose of a.trelour d.smith d.shiel k.horsley j.magner

spear to mind i have 126,600 in the bank. if i get him for smith horsley or magner i will have to make another trade to make the cash. got 126,600 in the bank.

please reply need help asap!

• rw says:

Smith has a BE of 77 which im Not confident he'll make. Shiel's is like 24 indicating he still will fatten up

• G unit says:

smith or magner. magner will help with bye.

• Tim says:

devon smith or magner definitley!i say more to magner because his price is dropping badlyand devon smiths b.e is high because he had a bad week of 44 so when he come good he will go up price

4. rw says:

Btw Magner is also done. He didn't hit his BE today and has an ever decreasing role at Melb. He should have been gone by now

5. johnnoB says:

Smooth Jock – cracking on to the queen! You continue to teach The Community more than just fantasy football.

J. Reynolds, 3 votes.

Crouching, 2 votes ….. born ready to fight.

Higgo, 1 vote….. I think he struggled with the crumpet in the studio.

Thanks guys. My working week is off to a flyer again.

6. The Camm says:

Sertiously anyone that didn't know about Higgo's trading strategy on this show, should have a long hard look at yourselves!!!

Votes:

3 – Crouching

2 – Jock

1 – Higgo

7. Dyno Mite says:

Jock, Crouching Tiger and Higgo, love your work.

I am taking your advice and have decided to upgrade Clay Smith to Brent Harvey. This gives me a second swing set.

Can i be confident that Boomer will perform or should i look elsewhere, given i have 76k in the bank?

Stay safe,

Dyno

8. The Wanderer says:

Can't quite pick Her Majesty's accent – is it Scottish?

• Starky says:

Sounded a bit like the Crouching in disguise. Hopefully she liked his slippers

• The Wanderer says:

The same thought occurred to me, but I dismissed it. After all, they were both clearly in the same room. Unless something fishy is going on!!!

• Paul G says:

Yeah me too. Definitely related to crouching. Perhaps Her Majesty visited Pyanmah many years ago, when Phillip was away hunting. Perhaps she did her own bit of hunting…

• The Wanderer says:

I think we should drop this subject. Jock is clearly enamoured of Her Royal Highness. Any suggestion that it is Crouching in disguise may derange him, and cruel a valuable source of Supercoach Wisdom.

• Northern Ireland perhaps???

9. Jack says:

Does anyone still think Scotland is still worth trading out?

10. swans05 says:

pendles is he okay someone give it to me straight, is his not right gabblet is looking pretty stunning.

• Starky says:

Good thing is that gabblet has a big BE this week and then the bye so you have a bit of time to weigh up the options. You might get him a little cheaper as well

11. James says:

Ripper podcast but the info on potential bring ins are becoming the same. Anywho what do People think of b.harvey compared to t.cloke this week as an upgrade from d.smith???

12. Paul G says:

This was your best podcast yet. A few supercoach nuggets, plenty of laughs!

• Jack says:

Any one know if Tom Couch gonna get a game after the bye?

• NeedAnEdge says:

Got plenty of footy for Casey last week but they have the bye this week which may slow him down.

Tapscott suspended gives him a big show.

• You would think with Melbourne poor record he would have got a game….he has been in my team since round 1 treading water.

Hope he gets a game and stays in….hard nut from little I have seen.

13. matty says:

Sam shaw

14. matty says:

Wat is Sam shaw's job security like ? Is he worth a trade ? I only have 8 left ..

15. The Peanut says:

I would love to trade Phillip in. My team could use his strength..

Thanks boys, I really enjoyed that.

I have 12 trades. How many does The Community think I should go into the finals with? I need to know as I am thinking of sidewaysing Gibbs for Priddis, or should I just sit tight for a few weeks?

16. the splinter says:

s. shaw has big wraps on him. seems to have been given the nod as the tall defender who runs off and would have the spot as his own ahead of the rest at the minute! keep in mind crows wont drop many games in the next few, so not many changes!

17. billy says:

hey guys

wondering if i could get your opinion on the following trades over the next few weeks, keeping in mind i have $628,800 in the salary cap. shame its not real money :)

1. giles to goldstein

2. brad ebert to priddis

3. smedts/spurr/ellis/darley to waters

4. milera to boomer/rhino o'keefe

thoughts would be appreciated

• billy says:

also, what is the ideal number of trades to have post bye rounds

• Vinnie says:

G'day Billy,

I'd be leaving Giles in….he's a great ruckman and continue to get some 100+ scores being their number one ruckman.

Not worth using up a trade there in my opinion…

• Mick says:

1. Dont bother. If you MUST upgrade get maric.

2. Not a horrible move, but won't be a great upgrade. Is there anyone better you can afford?

3. Carazzo instead? Will be cheap after the bye – didnt hit his BE

4. Either one of them is an upgrade. Cloke may be better though?

18. Braddles says:

Hi Billy,

Congrats on having so much banked away. will no doubt come in handy!

1. I like the Giles to Goldy trade.

2. Is Braddybert your worst midfielder? Otherwise with that much cash why not offload one of the GWS boys for Priddis?

3. If you can trade Beau for either Smedts or Spur that would be good, as they don't have any job security. At least the others are getting game time.

4. Go with RoK if you can afford him. Boomer is tired. And the Swans are looking a treat.

Not sure about trades, but i recall Higgo mention we should have at least 6 left for finals.

My 2cents.

19. Tim says:

PLZZZZZZZZZ HELP NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

who should i get for Brent Stanton – Rory Sloane or Nick Dal Santo

• Hubo says:

Hi Tim,

Stanton is a gun and if you already have him you should stick with him! Bet your bottom dollar he will come good.

My thinking is also with Jobe Watson playing so well he will cop even more attention and hopefully allow Stanton more space to roam free once more!

Surely you have some other midfielders to upgrade?

• Tim says:

my midfield is ablett, pendlebury, selwood, priddis, stanton and dylan shiel

• Mick says:

Teams aren't tagging watto because he plays so well even with a strong tag. But if you tag stanton he gets shut out. He will continue to get the tag.

• Just b/c Stanton has had a slow last 3 weeks.

Don't jump off now….remember the good times of 150+ scores……

Sloane will start to get the number 1 tag soon ahead of Thompson/Dangerfield.

• Tim says:

thanks for all your help:) i just dont want him to keep this 80+ scores because its valueble points being lost.

I only have $11,000 because i got priddis for treloar and now i have not enough to ugrade rookies to premiums.ill keep stanton for the time being and if he plays 2 more 80+ after the buy ill get rid off him

• Nick says:

Even thought Dal is a better player, I would get Rory Sloane. Rory is younger and Adelaide will have a much better second half of the season. I expect the mighty Saints may fall away in the second half of this year. (I hope I'm wrong though cause I love the Saints).

20. laffer says:

Need to trade big sandi but dont know who to pick goldstein or mummy when his price drops in a cuppla weeks to around 450k. Worried bout hmac coming back but roos have a nice run now and mummy is always an injury risk… Thoughts?

21. Yoyo says:

I need some cash…..

Is there any good cheap players out there for downgrading???

22. Mr Hully says:

Does anyone know if there is going to be a partial lockout this round?

23. OK…here is a get out of jail free card for those needing some $$$. Sam Gibson North Melbourne just been upgraded off Rookie list. SC $94,000!!!!

Jump on board…tough hard at it on baller.

Yep you heard it hear first on Jock Reynolds the super star!!!

TAO

24. JB says:

Gday fellas,

Do u think that holding off trading in the ruck would be worth while so I could bring in Shane Mumford when he hits bottum price. Hes a proven premium from last year and could get as low as 400k with a hugh break even at the moment.

The other option is to bring in Goldstein This week

Thoughts?

• laffer says:

I have the same dilemma. Thinking of holding off for mumford, he was at his very best late in the season last year and looking for the same again. Goldstein has an easy fixture now but not sure bout his role when hamish returns.

25. needs help says:

What's the go with matty kreuzer, is he just down on form or battling an injury?

26. Chillbills says:

Sir Jock. Definitely 3 votes this week.

27. Areeb Rizvi says:

Jock ive got 13 trades left and am looking to trade to zaharakis and jordan lewis?

possible candidates? and should i trade out lewis because hodge will be back soon?

28. Jack says:

Is Priddis's 131 good enough to put him as captain?

29. Lachie says:

Hey just trying to find out how many trades people should be on?

30. Lachie says: