Fantasy Footy Round 10 Chin Wag

Filed in The Jock Drawer by on June 3, 2012 • views: 1552

This weeks Cattle MarketI’m┬árope-able. Probably a mistake to write this post fresh after the news that my skipper Scott Pendlebury has been subbed off at 75 Supercoach Points. Even your old mate Jock Reynolds is not immune to a weekend of Fantasy Footy frustration folks.

I’ll be delivering a pointed message to the Supercoach and Dreamteam Gods in tonight’s podcast folks. Please don’t miss it. The road to healing is best paved by the ears of friends, a tim tam and a few beers.

Well you may have gathered that I have had an absolute dead set shocker folks and quite frankly I need a bit of a morale boost tonight. I’d bloodty love it if some of our cherished community have had a good round. One good thing – our legend mate Higgo has had another sensational week for the community on his Supercoach Punt Machine… something special brewing there.

Forget about this silly old fool – how have you gone in round 10 folks?

Jock Reynolds

1. DDJ says:

Unlucky round there, Jock. What exactly are you looking at finishing on?

Even with Penduls coming off I'm looking at nearly hitting 2400.

Also any chance of us seeing your current team any time soon, as well as Higgo and Crouchings?

Anyway, cheer up old pal. We all have a bad week at some point. Looking forward to tonights podcast!

2. Fish says:

With the way Cloke is going, do you reckon it's time to trade him in Jock? Could be a dead set bargain.

3. Marc says:

Needed 250 with Pendlebury, Sidebottom, Clarke and Horlsey left. Pendlebury and Horsley get subbed in the 3rd quarter and Sidebum having a quiet one. Gonna be a tight one for me to win.

4. NigeyS says:

Spent the day watching my Supercoach lead evaporate. I'm like 12th in my league against 5th or something and I had it…until Lake did bugger all, and Parker and the Horse got subbed. Guess it wasn't meant to be.

• NigeyS says:

Now realising that starting Zorko over Horsley probably would have won it. Gutted!

5. Harry says:

WOW!! I was up by 100 with pendles as captain, horsley and sidebum to play and he only had ablett as captain. Horsley gets subbed, pendles gets subbed, sidebum chokes ablett dominate, loses by 10

6. Aidan says:

Putting J.Redden (port) as emergency is the only thing that saved me from losing this week. both me and opponent had kruezer as ruck. he didnt have a ruck emergency and i won by 41points. redden got 69. LUCKY! still undefeated.

Total score 2421

7. Benny.. says:

GAZZA ABLETT The man just a lazy 53 or so disposals! Glad I had him as captain… There will be some big scores this week I'm tipping…

8. John says:

1940, Pendlebury captain, absolutely gutted. Is next week the perfect time for Cloke? looks like he's hit some form.

9. Josh says:

Was possibly looking at 2500-2600 before hearing the news of pendlebury coming off, was wondering to myself if that was gonna be good enough for the $$$$, but now looks like i'll fall short of 2400 as pendles was my captain, if only the game was close and he had of played it out!!

10. Sam Winter says:

Got a score of 2240. Boyd as captain threw me off a bit but most of my players had some pretty decent games. What happened to Scotland?

11. Josh says:

Hey Jock, Pendles got 95 and subbed off at half time. He was brewing a monster score…I shoulda just stuck to me captain who has been set in stone all year, the one and only g.ablett

12. ryan says:

ripped it up this week jock bloody proud of myself had steele sidebum as captain and still got away with a 2478 round chuffed as anything :D

13. Lachie says:

how long will he be out for?

14. Rudders says:

Spare a thought for me Jock et al,

My team Purple Dreams was ranked 4th overall up until this week…made the big mistake of going Pendles Capt over Ablett and ended up with 2,232…bye bye top 10 I reckon…It felt good to be up there…a long way to go but today I had visions of $50,000 flying out of the window!!!

• Josh says:

that's unlucky..Pendles was set for a big one as well, a few people would have been devastated when he was subbed off!.

15. Ben wrigley says:

Pretty happy considering i had shaw, kruezer, hawkins all out & finished with a modest 2294… I just dont get supercoach scores sometimes??? Gazza get an amazing 53 touches & get only 157 pts!!!!! I have gone underfeated all year & won both comps by under 40 pts so not gunna complain to much oldate jock… Chin up we all have a shocker ever now & then…. Get into the jack daniels mate, he will sort it out for u!!!!

16. G unit says:

Can't win them all Jock! Chin up cobber. Spare a thought for my betting syndicate of 3 years getting wiped out by the Bombers, was the risk vs reward there? Hard to say as I've been drunk in Lisbon, Portugal for the last 3 nights….Should of used the Punting Machine!

17. OldSon says:

Jock is Brent Harvey really gonna bounce back or is he now fantasy irrelevant

18. barry says:

2,340. Three wins from three leagues and threw $100 on Melbourne before the game @ $13.

Yeah, I've had a good weekend.

• BennyS says:

Nice work Barry

• Vinnie says:

What made you do that???!!! Ballsy ;'D

• barry says:

Essendon havn.t beaten Melbourne since 2009 and whislt they're travelling well, they were average against GWS and nearly dropped the ball against Gold Coast. When they're expected to win and challenged, they do feel the pressure.

But the way the game panned out, it was a lucky guess I reckon!!!

19. BennyS says:

2422 this round and 4330 overall. Will probably go down here after this round unfortunately. Burned a lot of trades, just brought in Scotland, Spurr isn't getting a game and was banking on Horsley increasing a heap and Priddis dropping a heap for a trade between those two. How good was Ablett's 53 possies though?

20. Dylan says:

A disappointing 2080, but enough to get over the line for the points. Spewing I didn't make buddy captain, my opponent had him too. I considered it for about half a second and decided against it. Stuck with gazza so still happy.

21. Dylan says:

Did anyone have the C on buddy? You'd be laughing! 238 points, was it?

• Shanen says:

I don't think any serious supercoacher would have logically, looking at his lead up scores of 80s and 70s. I'm pretty sure even the round top scorer had the C on Ablett and not Buddy… but sure, if only!! :)

22. engies says:

Clancee Pearce picked up a few weeks ago what a mistake

23. Doug says:

2523 for me. Best week ever with Jack finally get amongst it, Buddy dominating, and good contributions from Jobe, Chappy and Dyl Shiel. Still pretty dissapointed with it though as I was crusing towards 2600+ coming into the last game and then Pendels and Horsley got the vests and Sidebottom had a quiet one so could have been up there challenging for the $1000 if sunday went to plan but cant complain I guess.