The Supercoach Cattle Market – Round 10

Filed in Supercoach and Dreamteam Bargains by on May 30, 2012 • views: 949

This weeks Cattle Market It’s been a difficult week. When my ex wife provided me with that famous ultimatum a few years back I was sure that I’d made the right decision. I must say that as the nights grow colder I catch myself wondering over a beer and a few tim tams if making the choice of complete dedication to Fantasy Football over my wife was a wise one.

Sorry for weighing you down folks… these moments are extremely brief and mostly kick in only after 4 tinnies. When I mix with you wonderful mob on the blogs here, on Twitter, Facebook and catch up with Crouching and Higgo for our weekly podcast the penny drops and I’m reminded of the sensational responsibility that I carry. Please make sure you add our weekly podcast, video and the magnificent Peter Higginbotham’s Supercoach punt to your weekly agenda.

I’m here for you lot.. lets make no bones about that. Here are the selections that I believe provide bloody ripping value this week. Make sure you’re being fair dinkum.

BACKS

avg BE Price Jocks Call
Sam Darley GWS 51 -36 $113,200 Looks the rookie pick of the round for me. Scores of 23 and 82 leading into his 3rd game. Job security is reasonable and a good chance you’ll have him as backup for much of the remaining season
Josh Bootsma CAR 40 -16 $106,600 Love the look of Josh ‘Pussin’Bootsma. Respect a man with a substantial shock of hair. Job security not great, skinny and raw.. not for me.
Beau Water WCE 102 56 $516,800 Has Brisbane then the bye… but has now proven his 2012 value to me beyong the shadow of a doubt. 120+ in 3 of his past 4 games and a must have on this form.
Corey Enright GEE 90 77 $466,600 Entering the twilight and like many of the old war horses will start to prove his worth during the next part of the season. $60,000 cheaper now that at the start of the season and a very attractive run over next 6-8 weeks
Rhyce Shaw SYD 48 39 $260,200 Just can’t ignore him at this price. Scoring so far below his past years formlines suggest is his norm. Will not rise to be a 100+ per week premium but surely will fill that special hole in many a fantasy footy team over the next few weeks.

MIDS

avg BE Price Jocks Call
Nick Dal Santo STK 106 70 $501,300 Last week was absolutely cherry ripe for the trade in and he didn’t disappoint the community with a lovely 130ish. Still dead set ripping value with Nicky Dal. Still $146,000 cheaper than at the beginning of the season.
Dale Thomas COL 92 93 $484,100 Was back to the Daisy of old on the weekend with a solid 134. Heads into clashes with the Suns then Melbourne before the bye. An attractive selection
Sam Mitchell HAW 107 111 $516,300 Watch him make hay in the last ½ of this season. Has been sitting just a touch off the pace but will gallop into September with a full head of steam. Ride him all the way there folks.
Leigh Montagna STK 94 95 $474,200 The forgotten Supercoach premium. Has not scored below 78 this season and I’ll tell ya what he is capable of long and sustained periods of ultra premium scoring. Gotta say that I would not bring him into my team as I believe there are better options before him but would tip my hat to you if you snagged him
Kieren Jack SYD 101 26 $491,900 His scores this season include 123, 152, 134 and 114. Blossoming into a premium and a break even that screams nail me.

RUCKS

avg BE Price Jocks Call
Ivan Maric RIC 111 60 $560,800 I love you Ivan. There. I’ve bloody said it and I don’t care who knows it.

FWDS

avg BE Price Jocks Call
Dayne Zorko (MID) BRL 66 -79 $170,500 Has had his 3rd game price jump but I still want you lot to keep him in your round 10 calculations. Many didn’t grab him coz of other priorities like Marc Murphy and Swan last week. Consider this though folks… the time for grabbing a rookie for the purpose of making cash off him has come and gone. At the pointy end it’s all about grabbing rookies that you feel will give you real coverage for byes and for unforseens late in the year. Love his job security. Scoring potential is big. Dual position eligibility. Don’t discount him as a pick by any stretch of the imagination this week.
Brent Harvey (MID) NTH 86 75 $402,000 Boomer will bounce as sure as Higgo loves him Mum. The way this bloke is wired is such that he will walk over hot coals to return to form. He will and at this price he may be the pick of the round.
Ryan O’Keefe (MID) SYD 86 50 $481,300 The Rhino is beginning his charge. Would like to have grabbed him last week and I’d go Boomer before him this week.. but if you’re not keen in that idea than grab him.
Alan Didak (MID) COL 62 76 $328,200 Value at this price? Yes. Likelihood that he will provide you with premium score output for the rest of the season? Low. Did seem the Didak of old last week but too much risk for not enough reward.
Travis Cloke COL 82 143 $395,400 Hold off for another few weeks – could be the bargain of the century after his bye. Will return to form and capable of enormous scores.

1. jimmy says:

what about alex sexton jock?

• Jock says:

nah mate not a fan of the big Sex pistol as a selection. I'd go the Zork man even with that extra bit of cash

• Jon Fitz says:

I actually think he is worth a look. The Gold Coast speak pretty highly of him, and his DPP could be extremely handy during the byes.

I would leave him this week, see how he plays this weekend (hopefully gets a full game), then trade him in next week. He will be around 120-130k, but you will know for sure if he is a good downgrade or not

2. GM says:

Jock,

Daisy – for those planning to tank Round 12, no?

3. luke says:

Agreed, havn't watched the Gold Coast games and need an assessment, stats are unconvincing, job security?

4. Marc says:

Big Ivan, had excuses not to grab him for a month now and I'm bloody kicking myself. It's not or never for the Mullet, we're bringing him in the side.

5. Jock's strap says:

Jock, Dusty Martin looks cheap is we worth considering over ROK or Boomer?

Loving your work!

6. Josh says:

What is the job security prospects for Black (NM)?

7. James says:

What are your thoughts on Andy McQualter this week, Jock? SC scores of 80 and 94, up for his third game this week…

8. Sam Winter says:

I need a rookie forward. Looking at Alex Sexton cause his mid/fwd debility is tempting. I have Zorko in the mid. Most of you would say him.

9. Matt says:

Dear Mr. Jock,

Just brought in the Rhino (ROK) on your advice, I am sure he will serve me well.

Looking to bring either Shane Tuck or Kade Simpson in as a point of difference. Which would you recommend? Or do you have a better suggestion at a similar price?

I listen to the podcast every week. Keep up the brilliant work!

Cheers,

Matt

10. Benny says:

Anyone know anything about Hamish Mcintosh?

11. Mitch says:

Where's Hamish Macintosh?

12. Matt says:

Already have Rosa, Priddis, Mitchell.

13. Bobby says:

Love ya stuff Jock, In Mitchell and Zorko, Out D.Swallow and Magner

14. James says:

Went out Morris in duffield

Out magner in gablett this week

Hibernation now begins averaging

Close to 2200 per week and sitting top 3% I think I'm set for the run

Home with 10 trades and plan to unfortunately tank rd11 or 13. But my aim is to win theeague

Car will be next season :)

Thanks again

Jock for all your marvelous work! Big fan an happy to quote u as my inspiration this season :)

W

15. swans05 says:

i think out magner in zorko, out milera in boomer? any ideas?

16. Nateo says:

cant wait for magner- pridis porps-cloke gnna be bargains!

17. Stefanaki says:

Jock,

Love your work mate once again.

Ivan Maric is too good to ignore – games prior to the bye include Saints (who are without a ruckman), Freo (at the MCG) and GWS.

Hale out Maric in?? Will leave me with 11 trades and only $84k in the bank but this is just too good to ignore.

Will have to hold my nerve and not trade until Round 14 begins leaving me with an avg of 1 trade per week through to the SC GF (confident ill be in a few GFs).

THoughts??

18. Greg says:

Anyone heard news on HMac?

19. Matt says:

Should i milk Shiel, Treloar, Kennedy or Milera this week?

Got 13 trades this week and just thinking of one upgrade. Or maybe just save them at this stage.

• Stefanaki says:

Trade Kennedy out for a mid/fwd – BE of 49. Avg of the last 3 games he has played is 44.

GWS v Cats @ SS this week too.

20. Marky mark says:

Hey community

What do you think

Bugg out for Darley, pocket the 200k and upgrade after byes gone??

Will give me 17 trades and about 450k for upgrades.

If anyone has other ideas or suggestions, love to hear from you!

Thanks

• Fish says:

Job security isn't great for Darley but there isn't much else out there. If you have another playing reserve, I reckon you go for it.

• Marky mark says:

Do you think Darley is not worth the trade…

Would like to cash in on bugg though

Any other possible downgrades…

Any ideas welcome…

Jock help!!!!!!!!

• Dom Dunn says:

I think it's good (if you're using Darley on your bench).

Bugg has been great but time to cash in. Darley is solid and will make some cash. Also not many other options.

• Marky mark says:

Yeah for sure he will be my bench option, except this week I have Heath Shaw out ( ouch)

So Darley will be called apon to play…

What you think, pull the trigger or hold off

• Dom Dunn says:

If you need to make some cash it's worth it. He was highly rated before the season, so should get game time. Shaw out hurting me too!

• Lachie says:

17 trades! Are you serious! The season is coming to half way what are you doing with that many trades left?

• Marky mark says:

Yeah well 18 trades left have not pulled the trigger yet, averaging about 2200 just got lucky picks,

Picked up pendles and shaw last week

Sitting second in my league at work for cash and leading the other two

Any ideas on this week what should I do

Looking to get rid of magner, bugg, Clarke, or horsley

What down grades do people think?

21. ben gruda says:

Gday Jock,

I'm thinking of doing 2 trades this week, What do you think of the following?

Magner > Zorko

Then I got 148k in the bank,

Milera > (Not sure) Could you please tell me a good upgrade… I've got 438k.

Cheers mate

22. BigD says:

How about Nick Riewoldt?

No mention of him, despite low price & BE. (494k & 64)

Scored 115, 123, 82, 108 over past month with a relatively good draw over next 4 weeks.

Surely better upgrade target than Harvey or Cloke?!!

23. Jason says:

Afternoon All,

Looking to sure up my final Rnd13 premium mid before the byes and can't decide between Cotchin and Dal Santo, thoughts?

Cheers

24. Starky says:

I touched on this a week ago but interested in your thoughts. Interested if the community think Ebert to NDS is an upgrade or a sideways move?

I'm thinking that it's a small investment to get 20/30 more points a week.

Good move or wasted trade?

25. swans05 says:

WERE IN THE FLYING FECK IS DYSON BLOODY HEPPEL!!?

26. Benny.. says:

Anyone know anything about Hamish Mcintosh? Haven't heard anything since he hurt his knee and he was only supposed to be out for a week!

27. Lachie says:

Defenders: B,Deledio A, Rance B,Lake (B,Smedts)

R,Hargrave T,Mohr C,Dempsey B,Ellis (T,Golds)

Midfielders: B,Stanton S,Pendlebury (T,Adams)

J,Watson J,Selwood G,Ablett B,Sewell (D,Zorko)

Rucks: P,Ryder J,Giles (O,Stephenson)

(J,Redden)

Forwards: P,Dangerfield K,Tippett D,Martin (I,Falau)

S,Motlop J,Porplyzia D,Smith L,Jones (A,Hall)

Trades left: 14

Rem. Salary cap: $13,300

Team Value: $11,560,500

First off, I know my midfield is too pricy but it is part of my tactic.

I'm looking to improve my Forwards next week by trading maybe MOTLOP or PORPLYZIA

to CLOKE.

Any other trades you guys think i should consider?

• Marky mark says:

Don't think you will be improving much by getting cloke

Chapman, boomer, Stevie j, zarka, would be much better options

Maybe worth cashing in on a few and build that bank up…

• Lachie says:

no but i will get cloke after buys because he will drop all the way down to 300k then i will save for someothers.

28. John says:

G'day Jock,

Any thoughts on Sam Shaw (ADL)?

29. BradNied says:

who do you reckon is most likely to play next round out of tommy walsh, tom couch, cory dellólio, jackson paine, kirk ugle or hayden crozier?

• Mick says:

not dellolio – he will be very lucky to get in the top 22. only got a few games when bombers ravaged by injuries

30. Heath says:

i reckon leave Ebert as the last change in the Mids. He is good for 100 every week and if you've had him since the start there is not much point wasting a trade unless you get to Rnd 19 and still have a few in the bank. He is a pretty good sixth midfielder if he is surplus……

31. Jamie says:

Have you heard much about sam shaw from AdeL? looks ok and perhaps better than darley because the team will play finals?

• Dolls says:

The thing about Shaw is getting a game in a good side. Comes in for his 2nd tomorrow as Mackay is out with a minor hamstring strain..

32. rbat says:

What do you think of Cotchin v Dal Santo?

33. Liam says:

What do you think of S Hurn Jock? Good pick up considering his low break even?

34. C/Rod says:

Scotty Selwood traded for Nicky Dal is it worth it ?????

35. fab says:

how do you get the green dot to appear next to each players name my team has no dots at all

36. rbat says:

McIntosh out for at least 6 more weeks and will be having surgery.

• Enka says:

6 weeks plus plus potentially and additional 1-2 weeks of VFL to try to break into the team.

Wondering whether I should trade McIntosh for Maric now before his price breaks the $600K mark. I should have listened to you Jock. I have only myself to blame.

Forwards: Sidebum, Dangermouse, Franklin, Porplyzia, Treloar, D Smith, Milera, Zorko, Smedts

I am also struggling to decide for an upgrade for Milera. I am struggling to decide between Brent Harvey, Steve Johnson, Mitch Robinson and Paul Chapman.

Jock please help me

• rbat says:

Do you have extra for Beams? I think he would be a great buy. Of your choices listed I would go with either Chapman or Robinson. Robinson because he has a step up role because of Murphy being out and Chapman because he's a proven champion and Geelong are moving into a much easier run of games.

• Marky mark says:

With Hank out, perhaps Todd Goldstein could be an option…

Could help you upgrade in another position..

What do you think ?

• Mick says:

trade for maric now – still a low be so will go up next week. no use hanging onto mxintosh

37. Jack says:

how many trades would be good to have left by now? , im thinking of dropping tom hawkins from my forward line because he is injured but only have 13 trades left (both my fwd subs are injured). any ideas?

38. The Vibe Squad says:

Great calls Jock

I got on the Dal Santo bandwagon two weeks ago and expect him to gallop home like last year.

I have a rather bruised leg for everytime i slap myself when i look at Waters scores this year. A last minute withdrawal for The Vibe Squad has proven very costly.

39. soup.io says:

Great goods from you, man. I have understand your stuff previous to and

you’re just extremely magnificent. I really like what you’ve acquired

here, really like what you’re saying and the way in which you say it.

You make itt entertaining and you still care for to keep it smart.

I cant waiut to read far more from you. This is actually a wonderful web site.