Supercoach Post Round 9 Chin Wag

Filed in The Jock Drawer by on May 27, 2012 • views: 791

Supercoach is not Jock's only passionI’m a happy man today Community – thought the Saints and good mate Nicky Dal Santo were mag-bloody-nificent last night.

It’s been an interesting week with Gazza Ablett, Scotty Pendlebury Jobe Watson and Scotty Thompson not busting out those massive captain friendly scores. Seems as if we might be in the thick of a lowish scoring round and I’m tippin that there are more than a few league matches going right to the wire.

The great Peter “Higgo” Higginbotham and The Crouching One and I are absolutely pumped in the lead up to the Sunday night podcast. How has your weekend been folks? Have you had Fantasy Footy joy or have those fickle Supercoach and Dreamteam gods been playing funny buggers with your team?

1. Benny says:

Hey jock old mate.. Had some badluck in the supercoach this year(Fyfe, Goodes,Yarran,Murphy,Swan)But I'm stoked the mighty Dons have been up and about! How's your supercoach team goin? Love to know your average! I'm averaging 2040 and looking around 2000 this week.. I think it will be a low week for most..

2. Pepper says:

Hay Jock. What a week. I might just pass the 2200 mark this week. Wouldn't mind your thoughts on Travis Cloke. Have had him since start of year do you think keep him or walk away?

• Alex says:

I second this request Jock

• Jake says:

if we end up trading him out, would didak be a good option to trade out for him?

• Vince says:

G'day Alex and Jake..

Looking at projections for you and Tommy Hawkins (GEE) has a good run coming up starting with GWS next week.

They have a bye in a fortnight though but he's only $409K and expected to rise in price with a break even of only 57 while his average is 93.

Could be a straight swap without burning trades to make up Cloke's price drop.

• Jock says:

Gday Pepper, alex and Jake.. answer your question in tonights podcast which'll be up soon lads ;)

3. Tom says:

Definitely a lowish round- interested to see highest score. I'm sitting on 2120 with cox and magner currently doing nothing.

Also, get up the tigers!!

4. Ben wrigley says:

Hey jock, what a pretty bad round for most i would imagine?? Most of the big names have gone missing but im pretty happy if i crawl over the 2200 mark!!! Whats ur thoughts on Bugg?? Nearly time to go i reckon??? Would go scotland or waters??? Hope ur on song with ur team??

5. cookie says:

Managed 2081 in Supercoach and 2025 in Dreamteam. Low scoring round i reckon.

Rockliff, Birchall, Franklin, Hargrave disappointing. Was hoping for more out of Ablett. Average score in a average round.

6. Blake says:

Got 2135. Who are some good upgrade options down back?

7. Colby says:

It's all about the tige's this week jock, well that and a the fact that Stanton has finally moved back to Par.

8. Sammy Winter says:

I beat Crawf by a point. 2041-2040.

9. TB says:

2111 with a donut :( 1st donut for the year. Carn the tiges. Massive game against the saints Friday night

10. jimmy says:

hey jock, very low scoring round for most!

i managed to whip out a solid 2307 which I'm pretty happy with considering thompson was my captain, took a punt on dayne beams and paid off beautifully. Starting to find some good form lately and my team is looking good!

11. billy says:

after last weeks 2564, this weeks 2092 seems so low. managed to win 4 of 5 leagues and drew the last one

12. Ben says:

jock mate, I'm thinking of upgrading Porplyzia for a sidebottom or maybe a cheaper option in pavlich what do you reackon?

13. Adam says:

2150 im happy with considering the low scores i got from some.

14. Macca says:

2119! third best im my league and a win!

What should i do with Geary? and also morris? trade them out for a premo like scotland? or just hold off? this is the question that faces me this week.

15. Jockland,

You are the man….smashed all four of my $$$ leagues…2309. Third 2300+ score in a row.

No longer am I propping up these leagues and filling up numbers. I am a genuine threat to these Fantasy Footballers and they don't know my Jock Reynolds little secret….my black book full of gems and knowledge.

For this I thank you from the bottom of my finished pot of Carlton Draught.

TAO

16. Lachie says:

Got 300k on the bench and ward sitting bout in mid should i upgrade?

17. John says:

G'day Jock,

I love the work of yourself, Higgo and Crouching one, it's bloody great.

this weeks downgrade options look pretty sparse with only Spurr as an option (I was a week late with the bandwagon but being a late omission this week may be a blessing).

What are your thoughts on holding off on all trades to free up some for the bye-rounds and finals? I think it may be a solid option

18. charlie g says:

2353 this week… really flopped my third leg out this week. to let everyone in my leagues know im a big dick player.

19. Chillbills says:

Jock.

Not too bad. Won both FF and DT and eliminator. But your tip Clancey "of the overflow" Pearce not going great since I trade him in. What's wrong with the big strong tackling boy?

20. Pales says:

A bloody tough round. Had Stanton as captain which backfired – never again. Pendles may not always smash out 300's as captain but you know he's gunna at least get you 200-220.

Either way – ended up with 2250ish, went from 37th overall to 22nd overall. Proves how tricky a round we just witnessed…

Cheers for the guidance and advice Jock, you're a deadset legend of the highest order!

• Darren says:

The stars cruise around in 2nd gear versus GWS. If i was an elite Afl midfielder wanting to win the flag, I'd probably do the same!

21. Nateo says:

just under 2300 this week preety happy with my team got 12 trades left tho :O, and 250k banked upgrading bugg to prem

22. Mick says:

Is it too late to jump on the sidebum train?

• Darren says:

Get on the train. Spend all your cash!

• Pales says:

he's worth every dollar

• Nearly too late Mick, jump on now…I did 6 weeks ago and he has been super..

(1) With Ball (season)and Swan (3-4) out for a while his time in midfield is going to increase. Pendlebury will always get the hard tag which frees him up a bit.

(2) His dispossal eff is also very high, like Pendlebury always seems to hit a target.

(3)He gets forwards and kicks goals as well.

(4)Plays in a winning side = big points

23. Nateo says:

i'd go for the sidey trade his smashing huge scores his only going to go up in $$

24. Paul says:

Gday Jock, Love your work my second year in super coach and top of the ladder at work. I accredit this to your site in helping set up my team from the start so thanks. Would love if you got a TV show up and running.

• disco Stu says:

I second that …… Would love to see you three fantasy gurus on the box rather than a few others …. Not in the same class!

Start a petition I reckon old Jock.

25. Rob says:

all right fellas & gals need some trade advice, is it time to cash in on m clarke & the porpus? i was thinking trading into waters & m robinson (best with cash available & think will step up in murphys absence)

• Waters and Scotland for me.

Still unsure about Robinson's disposal eff and ability to give away numerous free kicks. He is playing really well, better than what I thought though.

26. Paul says:

Would trading Giles up to Maric be a good trade, Giles is almost at break even

• That's the trade I'm trying to make come finals time…for a point of difference against the people in my leagues. Just hope the mullett tones it down a bit I wont be able to afford him soon!!!

27. Vinnie says:

Get your swings locked in this weekend, kids.

It's going to be a bumpy 3 weeks commencing in a fortnight…

A suggestion for this week's video podcast could be taking the most popular players according to percentages and put a grid up for playing or BYE so coaches can plan accordingly.

eg " T Hawk – playing – BYE – playing

28. C/Rod says:

What about Heppell???

Should I palm him off for Waters, and then make the Bugg into Scotland ???