Jock’s Round 8 AFL Supercoach & Dreamteam Video

Filed in YouTube Supercoach Video by on May 15, 2012 • views: 4680

Round 8 brings with it some dead set challenges for many teams. Many of us have some cash cows ready to trade in for cash. Many of us are also looking to beef up their teams with some solid upgrades.

Get stuck right into this weeks pre round video. Important for all of us to focus on the value available this round. However – one thing I want to say before you watch is to seriously consider holding your trades for the lean weeks ahead.

Enjoy and let old Jock know your thoughts,

Jock Reynolds

1. Kade says:

Gday fellas

Well i have a bit of coin in the bank, and thinking its time two cash in 2 cows for two bottomed up prems, im going to pick up mitchel an nick dal, who would you trade out of toby greene, coniglio and shiel, i needa loose two, cheers

2. JB says:

Gday Jock

I looking to upgrade a defender and am looking at getting either Heath shaw or Heath scottland

which one do ya reckon is a better pick??

3. Areeb Rizvi says:

hey guys

i wanted to ask should i trade out martin? if so for who?

ive had a look at sherman and michael johnson. any other suggestions(under 441K)

• BradNied says:

why don't you get raph clarke aswell while you're at it…

• Vince says:

BIG NO on that move. Martin playing bombers this week, he'll be likely to roam free while Hocking and Howlett keep Cotchin and Delids in check.

If you have to get rid of him…Sidebum would be my pick meaning 2 trades.

• Benny says:

If your talking Dustin Martin Hold Hold Hold he is a gun just finding form..He was a superstar last year IMO..

4. jimma says:

Jock and the community, how much job secruity does Lee Spurr have? Will he keep playing and providing me with an emergency backmen? Thanks, Jimma

5. Jim says:

Byes aside….

Who's would be better: Scotland or Beams? I'm thinking Beams…. Opinions??

• Patsy says:

Hi Jim,

my pick would be scotland, as there are not many solid def-mid players but lots of solid mid-fwd players other than beams. plus carlton has no carazzo, so scotland more midfield and collingwood have dale thomas returning this week and steele sidebum doing good filling luke ball's vacancy

• Stefanaki says:

Scotland – there is probably only four lock defenders (Scotland, Shaw, Goddard & Deledio).

6. Dog says:

Big Dalhaus should be on your cards to mate

7. Darren says:

Love your work Jock…keep it up old son!!

8. Mark says:

anyone taking the buys seriously ? Or are we all resigned to taking a loss or two ?

• Vince says:

Taking a loss or 2 I think….otherwise, you'll end up burning up to 9 trades in 3 weeks…

Everyone will feel the pinch and it should be a real battle for numbers present.

The key would be to make sure you don't have too many from the same team on each line to minimise the impact.

Bloody hard though to combat in SC/DT world

• gore says:

tank 1 round, win 2 would be the best strat in my opinion. Of course if you didn't build your squad witht that in mind it's gonna take a lot of trades now to fix it.

• Patsy says:

keep midfield fully stocked for best chance of a good score. round 11 popular premium midfielder out are scott thompson and matthew boyd, round 12 is the killer, pendles, swan, stanton, kennedy and selwood (so try not to have all 4 of these midfielders, 2 can be managed), round 13 is hell, has murphy, judd, ablett, mitchell, cotchin, hayes, dalsanto etc. so best to mix up your midfielders so not to pick too many with same bye round

9. Mark says:

sheet..too many green tubes influencing my spelling..I meant Byes..

10. Nateo says:

thaughts on upgardign shiel to zaharakis?

• Pales says:

Not a bad move there. Depends on your spare cash and trades remaining, who you already have etc.

Invest in an auto-dictionary or something too ;-)

• Nateo says:

oops haha typo lol, going for zaharakis for the dpp and, once jmac hits his prime bringing in a big gun

11. Benny says:

Anyone heard news on big Ham Mcintosh?

12. Liam says:

ham macintosh out for P ryder?

13. The Pinky Puncher says:

so there are a few backliners on the bubble this week including Brennan, Spurr, Delaney anbd Wilkes.

Jock… what is the verdict on all theses guys JS and cash buliding ability. I am looking at trading Ellis and Bugg out as they have reached high B/E's. Not sure weather to go two rooks and have heaps of cash or get one rook and one gun….

14. Blaggard says:

Dear yooz. Any thoughts on Zaharakis?

15. Braddy says:

Hey all,

What do we think about C Delaney from

nth? How come he hasn't been mentioned as a potential cow?

16. XavvyT says:

Who would be a GWS tagger? (I need to know for a school assignment)

17. TommysTigers says:

Gday jock and community…

Looking to up grade one of my rookie mids…

tossing up between

-sidebum

-jobe waston

-scotty thompson

any thoughts or other suggestions?

• Chris says:

Thompson

• Dylan says:

Depends on byes

• Vince says:

Watson…more hardball gets means 140+ scores more often

• TommysTigers says:

my current mid is

pendles, j selwood, stanton, kennedy, murphy, dsmith (horlsey ledger)

• moncon says:

I have a similar problem. My mids are Ablett, Thompson, J Selwood, Pendlebury, Dangerfield as the Mid/Fwd swinger, with Caddy facing the bullet, and Magner and Horsley on the pine. So I want to trade Caddy for a premium mid. Money no object. Byes no object either, because R11-R13 I am against the bottom 3 teams in my league, so I can afford donuts (I am 2nd and averaging several hundred more than them).

So I took all Mids who average +100 so far in 2012, then ranked them by price, average, B/E, and 3 round projected average (unweighted).

Watson came out on top. Trouble is, I remember about this time last year watching his hamstrings snap in half.

Bombers have Richmond, Giants, Dees, then Sydney, then bye. If I trade him in, what's the bet he gets a visit from General Soreness for the Giants and Dees games, and I have him on the bench for 3 rounds out of 5.

18. Mick says:

Looking to downgrade someone in the backline, do I go to C Delaney from North or Spurr from freo?

19. Liam says:

any thoughts on kruezer in for macintosh

20. r0nny says:

Lee Spurr?? will he continue to get games?