Post Round 7 AFL Supercoach & DT Podcast

Filed in Weekly Podcast by on May 13, 2012 • views: 1032

AFL Supercoach 2012 tips guru Jock ReynoldsPlenty of surprise results this weekend folks, and plenty of Supercoach and Dreamteam value to discuss in this weeks show. While the time to cash in those rookies has arrived it is critical that we don’t burn trades like crazy buggers. Those with some dry powder when the byes arrive will be in a very good position.

Listen in to Crouching, Higgo and I as we dismantle this weekends fantasy footy. We provide a path forward for our magnificent listeners for the crucial coming weeks.

As always I’ll whack up the weekly Supercoach Video, The Cattle Market and Higgo will again delve into his revolutionary Supercoach punting system before round 8.

A very happy Mothers Day to all the sensational Mums out there,

Jock Reynolds

1. Michael Harrison says:

G'day Jock,

Stanton looks the deal this year, trust him to keep this up mate? And of Dangermouse and Sidebum who would you pick, already have 3 pies to start.

2. BradNied says:

round 7 isn't over yet jock… still one game to go!

3. Chuck says:

Thoughts on Andrew Swallow? Had high hopes this year but he is making me rue the coinflip between him and Simon Thompson.

4. James says:

Jock, do you think we have missed the boat on Brent Stanton and that Marc Murphy may be a better option….???

James

5. Flash says:

2313 with Goddard to come. You ruddy beauty Jock, advice taken is payin off!!

6. Vince says:

Jock, me old pal..

Need your advice….Golby from the Lions is starting to slither back into the pack and has a BE of 89 next week and thinking it might be time to offload him at $350K

Should I burn 2 trades by cashing in on Kennedy from GWS and upgrade the Golbmeister for a mid $400K type defender or go the straight swap for a mid $300K type defender?

Have 17 trades left and averaging mid 2200s at present.

Your fan,

Vince

• Robert ( JR Supporte says:

Yes Flash…..and I second your comments mate.

I am 2445 with Goddard to play.

• BradNied says:

nice! i'm 1902 with goddard, scotland, murphy, n.riewoldt and milera, should get into the 2400s hoping close to 2500 :)

7. Nateo says:

having a great round so far on 1954 with goddard,scotland,murphy and kruz lef to play

shld get 2300+

8. Gspotter says:

The Gspotters are sitting on 2337 despite Ellis only scoring 2 – Damn the SUB!!!!! Still have Goddard to play today. Hope Goddard can get about 163!

9. JohnnoB says:

I'm up and about also. Think 2300 might be an average score this round.

I'm calling it;

p.Higginbotham – 3 Votes (saw your tweet in The Tackle)

J. Reynolds – 2 Votes (for your effort with Sheeds)

C. Tiger – 1 Vote (Chewbakka the Rookie ….hmmm. LIFT son)

10. DL says:

wondering if Dal Santo has another bad game tonight, should I offload him – has already dropped $100,000+. Might just have to stick with him? Any suggestions about what to do here?

options to bring in – Scott Thompson -Adel, or Stanton

already have Kennedy, Murphy, Swan, Deledio

11. Benny says:

All i can say is westcoast f'd me priddis out and i just brought scott selwood in took risk and made him captain big mistake 74!!!

Head in hands!

12. billy says:

OMG I LOST BY 1 POINT!!!!! ONE BLOODY POINT!! :'( 2365 to 2366. this is all your fault crouching, why didnt you call me and tell me ellis would be sub!your getting 1 vote this week. lift your game crouching!

• billy says:

would have scored 2550 if i left morris on instead of ellis and left stanton as captain :( those 2 bad choices might have cost me $1000. FML!!!!!!

13. Nick says:

24496 with hawkins killing me with a 48. Should have had Milera in!! All well, pretty glad and got some money and trade to spend wisely.

Jock you are a superstar. Crouching, my little brother listens to your podcasts with me, he loves ya!

He reckons: Crouching three votes

Bruce Lee two votes

Jackie Chan one vote.

14. Jack says:

2463, with heppell 67 and pearce hanley subbed off with his hammy, do you reckon i should trade him out?

• Pales says:

wait and see what happens during the week. if it's a bad tear, then yes, if not – i'd sit tight. depends who you have on the bench…

• Jack says:

only wilkes and buntine mate and ones not scoring well and ones not playing… thinking of doing a hamley -> drummond swap if severe

15. Lords says:

So many people talking about there own individual scores…BORING.

We want community input not a page all about me

16. Zimmer says:

FInally had a full team on the park, and finally posted a good score: 2471. Very happy with that.

• Pales says:

Well done mate – very handy score that!

Goddard and Kreuzer got me up to 2491 and 79th overall… Loving SC this year!

17. jimbo drouid says:

hey jock, thoughts on ellis to spurr and then j mac into ablett? 391k in bank.

i know j mac isnt ready for the plucking fully but I do have horsley to fall back on as the emergency.

burned through more trades than I am willing to admit so its lock down time.

18. Nateo says:

what happened to murphy -.-???

19. Pales says:

Any thoughts on Tex Walker's 2 week suspension?

20. Stefanaki says:

Jockarama,

Any suggestions on trading out Ellis – everyone would be keen to offload him??

• TheCrouchingOne says:

SILENCE!!!

Not trade the beautiful one now …. his recent score stay in price calculation for next two round. Must keep him now. Trade The Bugg man …. Slipper say me so.

Welcome.

• Stefanaki says:

Croucho,

I like your input however i need to cash in on cash cows as i am holding too many.

Thoughts on the following:

1. move Deledio to defence and bring in Stanton, Watson or Griffen for Ellis/Bugg; and

2. Trade Porpaz for Sidebottom.

That would leave me with 15 trades, $200k in bank and a chance to get back into the top 1000.

• TheCrouchingOne says:

Dear Mr.Stefanaki,

Maybe you put team up and I show my Slipper of wisdom, this brave move but remember Pyanmanese saying;

"Man who live in glass house need get changed in basement"

Welcome.

• Stefanaki says:

Defenders: Goddard, Scotland, Broughton, Clarke, Bugg, Lake, Dempsey, Ellis and Morris.

Mids: Deledio, Murphy, Ablett, Murphy, Selwood, Dangerman, Horsley, Magner, old Macca.

Rucks: Giles, Hale, Redden, Big O

Fwds: Buddy boy, Pav, Hawkins, J Reiwoldt, Porpaz, Adams, J Cameron, Pfeifer & Treloar.

I am in a bit of trouble here:

1. too many cash cows

2. too much cash in bank ($698k)

3. Team value of $11.3 million

4. After winning the first 3 games in all fives leagues and ranking in the top 1500 my team has been shot.

5. 17 trades remaining.

My tactics were to invest early and once the bye rounds hit i would cash in my cash cows for premium superstars.

Let me know what you think Croucha.

• Chris says:

Get rid of of your a rookie forward and bring Ina fwd/midfield player. Eg side bottom or danger field maybe. Chapman or Stevie j maybe

• TheCrouchingOne says:

Ahhhhh …. Slipper say me time to flick some GWS. Maybe Trelor to Sidebum up forward, and Bugg to Birchall or, your swing Deledio plan sound good. Slipper say me trade ass off – use two! Slipper also say me you good coach so maybe listening to slipper bloody stupid idea.

One behalf of Slipper of Wisdom, and entire Jock Community, very much Thankyou for sharing – may your trouser be never far from the warm, melted butteriness love of the crumpet.

Welcome.

21. cookie says:

Hey Jock and team,

i need some serious help, only got 2012 this week and 2 sub 2000 scores the weeks before. Have gone from 5,000 overall to 60,000 overall in 3 weeks.

Heres my team and maybe you could tell me hat to do-

Backs- Deledio, Goddard, Scotland, Birchall, Hargrave, Bugg, Mohr (Morris, Ellis)

Mids- Murphy, Rockliff, Mitchell, Barlow, Priddis, Horsley (Shiel, Pfeiffer)

Ruck- Giles, Naitanui (Redden, Stephenson)

Forwards- Sidebum, Buddy, Martin, Porpoise, Milera, Smith, Adams (Kennedy, Smedts)

What do you think i need to do to improve and become competitive.

Cheers Cookie.

• gore says:

wow, this team looks eerily like my own. With all the same issues.

Priddis obv a problem lately, as is NicNat with both Redden and Stephensen not getting a run.

Add to that Murphy and Rocklif fluctuating from week to week between huge scores and utter s***!

Huge problem I'm finding is not having an auto-captain every week ie. Ablett, Pendles, Swan. I avoided those players, as it looks you have but it makes it a guessing game every week.

Is Deledio gonna turn it on again? Is Murphy going to tear GWS a new one (no of course he'll start on the bench).

Add to that a number of these players are performing badly when tagged.

I share your pain.

22. chimmy chongas says:

Anyone else lost patience with gibbs?

• Pales says:

didn't even think of selecting him this year – no longer a DPP…

• bosco says:

Finally lost patience this week and brought Ablett back in. was going to persist the whole year with him though his role doesnt seem to be delivering those higher scores he once delivered

23. jimma says:

Jock and the community, how much job secruity does Lee Spurr have? Will he keep playing and providing me with an emergency backmen? Thanks, Jimma

24. cats2012 says:

Spurr in good bye Ellis

Magner out Sammy mitchell in?

post some comments under this happy to talk about your trade thinking

• Alex says:

Thinking a similar thing, but was more tempted to bring in Pav as he is DPP and has a lower BE this week… hoping Mitchell doesn't have a ripper w/e and i can get him at a similar cost next week

25. Bamboo Bomber says:

Just wanting to see the number of trades remaining / premiums coaches have currently?

And the number of trades / premiums you want to have by before the bye.

• JohnnoB says:

Top idea for a thread!

Trades left = 17

Premiums = 18 (including Giles, Clarke and Lake in the 18)

• Vince says:

Trades = 17

Bank = $100K

Premiums = 16

Once byes conclude…

Trades = 10

Bank = $50K+

Premiums = 20

• robbie says:

16 premiums

16 trades left,

but its my first year, and didn't know the rules!! made 4 trades in the first 2 rounds!!!

• cookie says:

Trades left= 14

Premiums= 17

Pretty set for the byes

26. Alex says:

Really struggling to decide whether to trade out Geary or Bugg to make some cash, looking to bring in Lee Spurr if he is named this week.

Thoughts

27. Lachie says:

Need some help jock! I have Melksham sitting on the bench and Cooney who i want to trade. I want Stanton so baddd.

28. Lachie says:

Defenders: Deledio, Fisher(i), Lake, Hardgrave, Mohr, Ellis, Dempsey and Smedts +Golds.

Midfielders: Ablett, Watson, Stanton, Murphy, J Selwood, Sewell and Caddy + Adams.

Rucks: Ryder, Giles and Redden + Stephenson.

Forwards: Dangerfield, Tippet, Porpylizia, Motlop, Martin, Smith, Folau and L Jones + A Hall.

Problem: Midfield is loaded. Got no money left.

Any suggestions?

29. Matt says:

Devon smith or kennedy to sidebottom?

Anyone

30. Vince says:

Agree with Crouching, Bugg has a BE score of 82 and his avg score is 77. Time to to shake up the can of insect spray and issue Tom his marching orders and upgrade Ellis or Morris so you're not left with too many Tigers in the backline when the byes begin to roll in.

31. Dools says:

trades left 17

cash 165,000

team score 2180s

my trade for the week Go you Buggthang DEF coupled with D. Sheils MID will get me Jobe Ess and either Spurr Freo or Brennan WC and leave approx 105 in da bank.

Inside talk on Brennan Son of former VC of WC Eagle , Big hitter in side Club Brennan will pla y lots if not injured Torn between which DEF to pick already have 3 Dockers in team but no WC players

Thoughts!

32. grovsiey says:

hey guys, i need to know who to get for kerr got about $200,000 in the bank and i dont know wh to get ive got abblet and stuff but i dont know wether to get stanton (ess), pendles (coll) , scotty thompson (adle) or swanny (coll) or any other players you guys suggest please help!

thankyou

• Vinnie says:

Swanny at present, I think he's hit another gear and hitting 1506-160s whereas Pendles is coasting at 120s. Can't go wrong with either really

33. Greetings from Ohio! I’m bored at work so I decided to browse your site on my iphone during lunch break. I love the knowledge you present here and can’t wait to take
    a look when I get home. I’m surprised at how fast your blog loaded on my cell phone .. I’m not even using WIFI, just
    3G .. Anyhow, fantastic site!

34. japan says:

Hi there, I enjoy reading all of your article. I like to write a little
    comment to support you.

35. You can certainly see your skills within the article you write.

The world hopes for even more passionate writers such as you who

aren’t afraid to say how they believe. At all times go after your heart.