Life After GWS – Rookie Cheat Sheet v6

Filed in Supercoach, Supercoach Cheat Sheets by on March 26, 2012 • views: 791

JOCK’S SUPERCOACH 2012 ROOKIE CHEAT SHEET

**Late edit… Billie Smedts named on the ground for the Catters – his stocks rise**

**Sam Kerridge named emergency for Crows – his stocks fall**

I can see that fans of our collective Supercoach and DT genius are on the right path with their teams in the Oy Jock Rate my Supercoach Team thread. I can’t help but to feel a touch of pride as I observe Fantasy Footy boys become Fantasy Footy men right in front of my eyes. I’m man enough to admit that a tear rolled down my muzz as team after team hit the site in ship shape pre lockout condition. It’s what I live for folks. I’m proud of you all. Keep em coming.

Can also see that many of you nailed a top mix of GWS youth in their teams. But… DONT EASE UP NOW! It’s just the end of the first quarter! Knuckle down, study the cheat sheet, do your research and make sure you go into this weekend with the best bloody rookies going. Those of you who are strugglin for time, another bludgers cheat sheet will hit the site this week so stay tuned.

Remember folks, Green = I’m strongly considering, Orange = worth a thought, Red = I’ll steer clear

Best of luck,

Jock Reynolds

1. Brenno says:

Still think your missing jacob brennan Jock!

2. Dean B says:

Have to say Jock, you have helped me great deal. But my wife's not the biggest fan!

3. Simon says:

Pfieffer, a spud at the Crows and Blues. Has he improved or are we clutching at straws for forward rookie locks?

• Jock says:

Has improved mate, showed a bit toward the end of the NAB and would think he would be in line for some game time with Port… consider him I reckon

4. Mark says:

Hey Jock,

Hows your final team prep coming before the friday lock out ? Remember a few weeks ago I was talking about having 4 rookie rucks this year. Well i did it have , Giles and Redden starting. Pretty have with Giles 88 , now Redden just needs to perform. Maybe the Gamble has paid off.

What do you think about Marty Clarke ?

Cheers

Mark

5. Adam says:

Gday Jock… out of 0% to 100% what would you say would be the percentage of risk taken to keep Clifton (GWS) and Darley (GWS) in your side…

Keep up the good work!!

• Spifflicator says:

After listening to Sheedy 'On the Couch' last night, I would say there is little (say 25%) risk in keeping both. He has said that this year (and probably next) is about getting minutes of game time into as many players as possible. I have taken this to mean that everyone will get a go, everyone will get a rest from time to time, and maybe only a core of 10-12 players will play more than 14-16 games.

Either or both could well be named for round two, and I wouldn't be trading before then unless you have to cover a donut.

Week 3 when rookies go up in value MAY be the time to trade them if they are still not named to play.

• Adam says:

Nothing like peace of mind… Cheers Spiff!!

• Jock says:

Top suff Spiff – wouldn;t be too concerned at all especially with Clifton.. when the lads fall off teh pace he will come in and get stacks of game time… no stress at all

6. Benjamino says:

Keep up the top work Jock. And keep rating those teams! You'll gain a lot of fans with a lot of connection and communication.

***Also, I must recommend you add a like/dislike button to the comments/posts. This helps immensely and allows for mini polls and a quick representatives of any teams/ideas that we have.

Thanks mate.

• Jock says:

Great feedback there Benjamino, we are rapt with your ongoing participation and the advice you are providing the punters. GREAT STUFF!

LOVE the odea about those button thingoes as well.. I'll look into that one for sure

Thanks again mate

7. Nathan says:

Hey Jock,

What should we do in the case of Mcdonald, sespended for 2 weeks do we keep him or sell him?, is he going do have futher game time and score us some points.

Cheers

Nathan

• Spifflicator says:

I have JMac, and i'll keep him for two reasons.

1. He will play week 4 and many games thereafter and likely score well, and 2. He is a guaranteed cash cow who I will likely MOO around rnds 8-11 before GWS have the bye.

The ONLY reason I would trade him out, is if I have no other way to cover a donut in week 2 or 3.

8. Superwolf says:

Hey Jock, where's Jamie Cripps gone as a FWD rookie ($162k)? Don't forget about him.

Keep punching Jock!

Wolf

9. Ezekiel says:

Boyd or Selwood

who should i pick?

10. Clayton says:

Jock – whats your thoughts on J. Redden from the Lions? As a VIC boy we dont hear much about whats happening up north but he looked the goods in the nab cup and I reckon he could take over Rockliff as their #1 scorer. Also thinking he adds a bit of a differentiation aspect as I dont know anyone else having him in their side.

• Jock says:

Nothing wrong with Redden as a selection at all and yes – would make a nice point of difference in your team. Go for it mate ;)

11. Stoney says:

Jock really need your help here,

Current backline:

Goddard, Deledio, Shaw, Birchall, Lake, Clarke, Bugg, Ellis and D7

Need to know who to go considering Morris but that would make 5 rnd 13 byes, was also thinking spurr, yagmoor, l.brown, who do ya think jock???

• Jock says:

Mate when I hear a distress call from one of my flock it just gets the hairs on the back of the neck bristling like a boody warthog… see what I can do mate…

First bit of advice.. forgetthe round 13 byes.. If all goes to play you may have cashed in Morris and Ellis by then anyway, and with the normal cut and thrust of the season your backline is likely to have taken on a whole new shape by then anyway.

You just pick that D7 that you reckon represents the best value mate. My call is Morris.. reckon he'll play… but dont stress about those byes

12. Ollie says:

Got rid of Luke Brown I see? What are your thoughts on him?

• Jock says:

Yes mate – he got king hit my some mongrel in a nightclub and didn;t play a game in the NAB, would be pretty unlikely to get a gig early doors but will be looking for him as a prime downgrade target. Great talent he is.

• Ollie says:

Alright cheers Jock! who do you think would be a good replacement for him.I already have Ellis, Bugg and Morris…

13. Baz says:

Who to choose??

Boyd or Dal Santo

14. Jacob Cecil says:

Are we still on for shiel from gws?

15. cookie says:

hey jock,

ive got pfieffer and kerridge in my forward line, if both play, would do you think will be the higher scorer.

Also got 3 rookies in ruck- redden, stephenson, giles. should i stick with nataunui or go another rookie.

Cheers

Cookie

16. Carey says:

Hi Jock! I absolutely love your website, and al the tips that are on it…I have one quick question, though.

For my rucks, I have McEvoy, Redden, Giles, and Stephenson in my team.

I am happy with the 1 premium to 3 rookie strategy, however, I am wondering if I should trade McEvoy in for Leuenberger? I have 73 k left in the kitty.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Thanks Jock :)

17. MJ says:

morris or elis anybody … 50 and 30 odd .. glad the two of them were on the bench :D morris to mohr before round three for sure

18. Dylan says:

Good morning all! Who would you pick out of these forwards? I need two for my bench. Saad, paine, hall, Weedon, dickson

Will probably drop Saad considering he is not named this week, and unsure on paine's JS…

Cheers, and let the games/endless hours of tinkering begin!!

19. tom says:

who should be my vice captain goddard or dal santo

20. Matt says:

Thinking of getting rid of Robbie Gray for Chapman or Hawkins, which one would you buy?

Im thinking these 2 because Geelong have a pretty easy run in the next 5 games.

Also is it wise to get rid of Puopolo who is injury prone and pick up Dempster?

21. I am starting a new online website directory and was wondering
    if I can submit your blog? I’m trying to mature my directory gradually by hand so that it retains quality. I will make sure and put your website in the correct category and I’ll also use, “ROOKIE CHEAT SHEET v6 – Life after GWS” as
    your anchor text. Please be sure to let me know if this is
    okay with you by contacting me at: [email protected]
    com. Cheers

22. Abrakaq says:

if I can submit your blog? I'm trying to mature my directory gradually by hand so that it retains quality. I will make sure and put your website in the correct category and I'll also use, "ROOKIE CHEAT SHEET v6 – Life after GWS" as
    A good point but I don't agree with that.. http://perfect-essays.net