AFL Supercoach 2012 Team Analysis Tool

Filed in Supercoach, Talking Strategy by on January 17, 2012 • views: 2265

To state the obvious, I have been gifted with an exaggerated brain capacity. This enables me to compute many problems simultaneously.

I discovered recently that very few share my gift. It is for this reason that I developed the ultimate AFL Supercoach 2012 team analysis tool – Introducing THE HIGGINATOR – The thinking man’s tool for AFL Supercoach Success is 2012. You will find this tool at the very bottom of this page.

This was discussed in our 3rd AFL Supercoach 2012 podcast – Once downloaded, simply add players from the cell drop down boxes and The Higginator will tell you …….

• if you have problems with the bye rounds
  • how many players you have from each team
  • a breakdown of your average player spend on each line
  • a breakdown of rookie/mid/premium splits.
  • how many sets of dual position swings you have
This download comes free to all frequenters of the Jock Reynolds Community web existence. Once downloaded ensure that you enable editing by clicking on the yellow security prompts as they appear (shown below this is how said security prompts will appear in Excel 2010):
I would welcome any suggested improvements.
Enjoy!
Peter Higginbotham

DOWNLOAD THE HIGGINATOR BY CLICKING HERE (but read below first)

Note from Warren Reynolds (I’m Jock’s nephew):

The Higginator is a spreadsheet with some forumale and macros which helps you quickly build and analyse your Supercoach team. Select ‘Save As’ and save the Higginator somewhere on your computer and use it whenever you want (even at work and stuff where they might monitor your web activity haha). I explained to Uncle Jock that the spreadsheet is not unbreakable but he reckons it was “bloody amazing you don’t need to be too bloody careful all the time mate”. So I had to get up on the site right away. Make sure you save it as you go in case you break it and stuff your team. Good luck with your Supercoach 2012 Pre Season everyone. Warren Reynolds.

1. Dave says:

Is there anyway you can type the players name in the box and it finds it in the list instead of searching the list for the player? Apart from that its a handy spreadsheet.

Cheers Dave

2. Mike says:

Love it guys….just proves I still have some work to do on my team

3. SoupAStars says:

Thanks for this. It's pretty cool and quite handy. Only thing is you had a bunch of formula errors and a few formatting glitches. I've fixed all that and properly locked down the sheet with protection. Any way I can get it to you for you to update on the site (as v4)?

• Jock says:

Soup my man – you are a gentleman and a scholar. I see Higgo has run with your good work and updated his spread sheet thingo. Mate – from the Community – thank you very much indeed for that

4. James says:

Awesome Higgo! Thanks im using it now. love how it tracks those mid season byes

5. SoupAStars says:

No problem mate. I'll be sure to let you know if I have any further updates or tweaks and especially if I get type-ahead working with the drop down selection.

6. Ross Curwen says:

Thanks for this. It is a BIG help.

7. Hotpies says:

Thanks for all the hard work Higgo – this will be invaluable this preseason!

8. Alex says:

Looks awesome, Higgo.

Anyone had any luck getting it running outside of MS Office? No good on Google Docs, but Zoho looks closer to working.

9. Vampies says:

May I link this on my Super coach website?

10. Vampies says:

I have been advertising on my Facebook page Addicted to Super Coach and also on my big brother page Addicted to Dream Team.

The Higginator is nothing short of Brilliant!

I am really loving the articles too so much so I almost want to keep my new found prize to myself hahah. But I'm too much of a helper to do that comes with the job description of being a mum.

Oh and check out my little input of analyzing the Bye Rounds. I just added it to my League site. Higgo will love that! Although he's probably already worked it out hahaha.

11. Camnstell says:

Held off as long as I could but have broken and downloaded this a few minutes ago. Jock it would be great if you can touch base with my missus and let her know I'll be on my computer until Supercoach glory is achieved.

Damn you and your brilliant device.

Cheers

12. Peter Higginbotham says:

Thanks to all for the wonderful feedback!

I tend to build spreadsheets for everything. Sadly, The Higginator could be the first one that actually works("The Wife-Finder 2000" still needs a bit of tweaking).

• Vampies says:

Hahaha you've been tweaking the 'wife finder' since 2000?

Maybe you need to change the formulae'.

1. Ok A=Girl B=Brains C=AFL D=NRL

2.You're a mathmetician so you need to put in Sum=A+B.

2. AFL Fantasy footy fanatic Sum=A-D

3. fx = A*(B*C)-D

*giggles*

• Jock says:

Dont worry Higgo mate – they will be lining up in no time son. Great having you helping out the Jock Reynolds Community online mate – thought I may have lost you when we called the Tuesdays at Hungry Jacks thing off

13. Vampies says:

I'm one of those women Jock ya dag. I'm Tracey-Lee O'Brien on ya page

14. Timon says:

Will the Higginator recieve any updates throughout the season, to help us track the players all the time?

15. Paul says:

Hey guys :) I think I have been on this for 5 hours since I found you guys are seriously amazing! you make Super Coach an Art! I need help trying to get on to this particular analyser ? Cheers Paul :)

16. grollo says:

Gday lads, Using this "tool" is my 1st foray into the excel world. if its not too much trouble how do I interpret the yellow / red alerts. And whats the strategy on the multi position swing man table.

All input will be graciously taken.

• Peter Higginbotham says:

Hi Grollo and welcome to excel … or sexcel as I like to call it – The most beautiful program on the planet! I hope your relationship with it reaches the special places mine has.

The yellow(mild warning) and red(stronger warning) are simple visual cues to remind you that you are heading for donuts. These cues, linked with the "swing-sets" on each line help you determine the strategy that you might take into the monster bye rounds.

Listen to podcast 5(being released tonight I think) where we discuss a few bye strategies that may be helpful when using The Higginator.

Regards,

Peter Higginbotham

17. Michael says:

Hi ,

I cant get the Higginator to work when i download it.I click on yes for Macros and then up comes a box It states " file may have been lost " .

It then states to go to tools etc but thats where i get lost , sorry .

Thanks for reading and perhaps helping. I live in Western Australia.

18. grollo says:

cheers Pete ummm higgo??

19. Terry says:

Dual position players (Back/Ruck)Sellar & Lever aren't listed as backs in the team builder/Higgonator. Why?

20. FC Oludeniz says:

Hi Higgo,

Was wondering if you could help or advise on how I could create or amend a spreadsheet that I can use for my own draft style supercoach league. Me and some friends are already in a herald sun draft league (supercoach pro) but unhappy with the squad sizes. I'm keen to do it myself but want to be able to export the data from the supercoach website, players & points ect, to make it a little less manual on the input.

Are you able to help at all?

Cheers

21. JE says:

Thanks very much Higgo…you should be worshipped as the God of Excel!!

I made a slight tweak by creating a second sheet within the "Higginator" and added a list of the teams having byes in Rounds 11, 12 & 13. Very handy when used in conjunction with the awesomeness of the "Bye – Outs" section to help you pick a player from a team that isn't having a bye for the round where you have a yellow or red count.

If you send me your email address, I'm happy to send it through to be added in for everyone else to make use of?

22. JE says:

Weird, I didn't have any problems yesterday, but opening this with Excel 2007 is now bring up the error:

"This workbook has lost its VBA project, ActiveX controls and any other programmability-related features." ??

23. Whitey says:

Hi JR,

your spreadsheet has higher prices than the AFL Dreamteam website. What's the go here? Nice spreadsheet and I like it heaps.

24. Luke says:

Whitey, the spreadsheet has Supercoach values, not dreamteam.

25. Boco says:

This is awesome for a newbie like me, one error i found in the spreadsheet,in the Multi player swing sets my MID-FWD is correct but all the others are blank, i have Deledio and Burgoyne in the back line but the don't show up in the DEF-MID swingset….Sorry if this has already been brought up…Boco ….great site

26. rw says:

got him

27. rw says:

No Brian Lake..

28. Mathew says:

When will the 2013 one be ready higgo

29. News Trader says:

I envy you by the way, for being capable to think with such an amazing mind, good luck!