Jock’s Locks for 2012 #8 – Gary Ablett jnr

Filed in Jocks Supercoach Tips, Supercoach by on January 10, 2012 • views: 3273
Supercoach legend Jock Reynolds

Supercoach legend Jock Reynolds

I know what it’s like to grow up in the shadow of a great man.

We lived a few doors down from our local pub where my old man was a local legend. In his early 20s he’d skulled a jug of warm Swan Lager through his nostrils in 8 seconds. An oil painting vividly depicting the feat hung proudly behind the bar. It was a daily reminder to me of what I had to live up to some day.

So I reckon I know what Gary has gone through to break away from his old man’s shadow. Forget his Brownlow. Forget his flags. I reckon the way that Gary Ablett played football and carried the Suns in season 2011 well and truly hoisted him up to a pedestal alongside his dad.

The ‘experts’ prattled on like old bloody chooks about how he’d struggle not being propped up by the Cats talent. He’d cop too much focus from the opposition being the tall poppy at the Suns. The pressure of parting with Geelong for big bucks would be all too much. Didn’t he stick it right up em. Didn’t he prove them wrong. Isn’t he worth every bloody cent that the Gold Coast Suns payed for him.

And he is worth every cent of your AFL Supercoach and Dreamteam 2012 money.

• Point machine: Averaged above 125 in Supercoach for each of the past 4 seasons (111 in DT)
  • Skipper Ahoy: Is a set and forget Captain – just lock him in each week and rack up the points
  • GCS on the up: The Suns will go into the season more AFL ready – with more team success his points will rise. He was scoring like a maniac in the last half dozen games in 2011 so expect that to continue
  • Big Start: Can’t afford to wait to get him cheaper – he has a very soft first 10 weeks of the season
  • Worth the money: At $689,000 in Supercoach ($554,700 DT) he aint cheap. Bu’t you risk missing the boat if you set sail in Dreamteam and Supercoach 2012 without him.

Will you be heading into AFL Season 2012 with Gary Ablett in the guts?

Jock Reynolds.

.. Make sure you have listened to the podcasts – just search for Jock Reynolds on iTunes or click here to listen to the latest one

..check our the full list if Jock’s Lock for Supercoach and Dreamteam 2012 by clicking here

Tags:

1. Keaton says:

"that's what I'm taking abooooout"

2. Dale Woonton says:

Another of Jock's Locks with funny hair. Locked and loaded. Still the best. Which other player could have gone up to the suns last year and managed 20 brownlow votes? No one. Except the little bald man.

3. Troy Anderson says:

He was the first player I picked. He wont drop much in price so might as well have him from the beginning

4. Ryan says:

Get on the Little Master!!!!

5. jimbob says:

should be #1 of your locks

6. Vampies says:

Wouldn't Dream of going into 2012 with out him its for every game your opposition does not have him that you accumulate extra points and watch them play catch up.

7. Tracey-Lee O'Br says:

No Super Coach team would even get a look in with out GAZZA!

8. agree mate! what a champ!

9. Michael says:

Ablett is such a lock this year. Only way is up. You just can't go wrong!

10. Sean says:

Hey love the site some great tips! want to know what you reckon about my side for supercoach 2012

DEF: Deledio, Fisher, Enright, Heppel, Hargrave, Clarke, Bugg

SUB: Ellis, Morris

MID: Ablett, Swan, Murphy, Selwood, Shiel, McDonald

SUB: Magner, Cunningham

RUCK: Mumford, Giles

SUB: Redden, Stephanson

FWD: Franklin, Martin, Zaharakis, N Riewoldt, Sidebottom, Porplyzia, Saad

SUB: Pfeiffer, Dickson

Not sure about Saad in the starting team, is it a risk going with McDonald?

What about 3 rookie rucks?

Any feedback would be awesome!!

11. Kendra says:

Ad – Sense, like every other Google program, is managed entirely online, with no need for a Google home business kit.
    Docking was inevitably delayed, and as I waited, the local station began playing Young
    the Giant’s “My Body. However, to ensure that you’re reaching people who are likely to become customers, you should research the audience of the Internet radio station and radio show.

12. radio player says:

Ahaa, its fastidious dialogue on the topic of this article here at this webpage, I have read all that, so now me also commenting
    at this place.

13. Some of us would like our kitchens renovated but we all

know kitchen renovations can be expensive especially

if you don’t have enough funds to do it. Adding

a collection of framed photographs, wall carving, and collectibles is a reasonable way to renovate any room in your home.

It can, for example, be used to create wrought iron tables and chairs that adorn lawns.

14. Another problem is the one where the buyer receives the wrong item or does not receive anything at all.
    Now you can buy your complete art stuff online through galleries and
    museums. Silhouettes of trees, planets and mountains are all good examples of interesting, stark backgrounds.

15. Esther says:

It’s appropriate time to make some plans for the future and it’s time to be
    happy. I’ve read this post and if I could I wish to recommend you few attention-grabbing issues or suggestions.
    Maybe you can write subsequent articles relating to this article.
    I desire to learn even more issues about it!

Here is my homepage: free psn code generator (Esther)